Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭crushproof

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Hopefully they ask Moyes some tough questions.

No chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Unfortunatly i dont think United & the board will care much about the opinions of a couple Irish United fans on Boards.ie, there was no boos or reaction really at the final whistle. i think his time is up and he should resign now but hes been giving the season as a free pass so hes there until next season anyway. Im Moyes biggest fan, taught he fantastic at Everton and ive backed him all season but hes not up to the job. To have the players he has & still not beat a Fulham team who are awful is the last straw for me

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No
    Hopefully Moyes walks. He's not able for this.

He can be happy that he didn't get us relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    It would be ideal to get a new manager in now. They'll have time to judge the players and do what they need in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

One thing noticeable for the late goal was that not enough people were back. Too many had committed forward for the attack, and midfield in particular didn't track back.

Shocking result, Arsenal will walk over United if tactics are the same.

Carrick was too soft going for the pass to Sidwell,as usual Valencia hadn't a clue where his man was.Somebody mentioned in the match thread the fact Valencia would do this when he was coming on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Id love to hear what Fergie says about this.
    Nobody in their right mind could think Moyes is still the man for the job after that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I would give alot for Ferguson to return till the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

We can see Mata is going to be absolutely wasted under Moyes, poor lad probably wont get into the Spain squad after the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

No
    As much as I dislike Valencia, he's not a right back and should never be playing there.

Unfortunatly i dont think United & the board will care much about the opinions of a couple Irish United fans on Boards.ie, there was no boos or reaction really at the final whistle. i think his time is up and he should resign now but hes been giving the season as a free pass so hes there until next season anyway. Im Moyes biggest fan, taught he fantastic at Everton and ive backed him all season but hes not up to the job. To have the players he has & still not beat a Fulham team who are awful is the last straw for me
    I thought I heard a little bit of booing at half time. Sky and the media in general are still onside with Moyes so it'll hardly be reported. Look at the after-match analysis, presenter still going on as if it was a freak result. Carragher pointing out that Fulham weren't forced back, they wanted to stay back. The other lad making the obvious point about crossing not working and it would be an idea to try something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    I thought when Valencia and Hernandez were coming on Moyes was talking to them but they looked like they had no interest in what he was saying,Hernandez was talking to Ray Wilkins!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

No
    Yeah ive backed Moyes up repeatedly but now its simply time for him to leave. He is doing some damage to this club in a major way. Him and his backroom staff need to go. Let Woodward handle the corporate deals and bring someone better in to manage transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Fanny Brioscaí

I was all for giving Moyes a chance at the beginning of the season and to see how we did this season under him but his tactics, substitutions and the amount of poor performances i have seeing, his poor excuses time and time again and the style of football we have been playing all season, he has to go now, even if he stays and continues with this style of play there is no chance we will get Champions League football next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

No
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    I would give alot for Ferguson to return till the end of the season.

I'd take Big Ron at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    We can see Mata is going to be absolutely wasted under Moyes, poor lad probably wont get into the Spain squad after the season.

Its not like there wasn't precedent with Kagawa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    And here I am again.

I know people are starting to get sick of me at this stage, saying the same stuff since the start of the season. And here I am saying it again.

David Moyes has NEVER proved himself to be a good enough manager for Man Utd.

This crap about utd always give managers time...that really is nonsense. It was logical to give ferguson time because he inherited a terrible, ageing, alcoholic team. He was also a proven winner, domestically and in Europe. He had a vision.
    Moyes has won nothing. And the more matches he has, the more im amazed that he still has a job.

Man Utd sacked managers in the 70s. They had 5 managers between 69 and 80.

Some people have said that it would be embarrassing for Man Utd to admit that they made a mistake. I believe it would now be even more embarrassing to not rectify that mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

I'm going over to the game on Wednesday fully believed that we would have got 6 points in the last 2 games and that if we beat arsenal we may get into the top 4..... **** me I was dreaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Clueless and toothless.

Yes there were deficiencies in the team that Ferguson can take the blame for. That's fair but it doesn't change anything that tactically Moyes has been nothing short of awful, I've been a supporter of him throughout the season but things are getting a very Hodson-esque now. These gutless displays don't seem to get any better, United are so predictable and it is this is the fault of Moyes.

Look at Rodgers at Liverpool, this is a man who had what seemed to be an unwavering commitment to 'death by possession' football but he has the nous and the awareness to see the strengths that his team possess and then simply play to those aforementioned strengths and he has reaped the rewards. Similarly Mourinho at Chelsea has changed his side into a more counter attacking side who are disciplined in defense and incredibly quick in their transitions, they were not playing this way at the start of the season. Whereas Moyes and United have worsened if anything.

I don't like to see managers get sacked but the fact is that instead of having the bravery and the ability to adapt and change he has gone backwards. Unacceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

No
    At least Phelan touched on the pointlessness of keeping on trying the same ineffective ****e time and time again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No
    zerks wrote: »
    Carrick was too soft going for the pass to Sidwell,as usual Valencia hadn't a clue where his man was.Somebody mentioned in the match thread the fact Valencia would do this when he was coming on.

Vidic should have headed the ball up the pitch not try to pick out Carrick. 95th minute, just fecking clear the thing.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I think its safe to say that from today on there is simply no more excuses, or will the powers that be just write this season off and give Moyes the 100's of millions in the summer?

I wouldn't be at all surprised guys if the contingency plan (post Fergie) gets re-written in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No
    The most surprising thing is that people are "shocked" and "speechless". Nothing about the performance or result should have been surprising. Par for the course this season.

Garry Neville was a disgrace today also. " Nothing the manager can do"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    And here I am again.

I know people are starting to get sick of me at this stage, saying the same stuff since the start of the season. And here I am saying it again.

David Moyes has NEVER proved himself to be a good enough manager for Man Utd.

This crap about utd always give managers time...that really is nonsense. It was logical to give ferguson time because he inherited a terrible, ageing, alcoholic team. He was also a proven winner, domestically and in Europe. He had a vision.
    Moyes has won nothing. And the more matches he has, the more im amazed that he still has a job.

Man Utd sacked managers in the 70s. They had 5 managers between 69 and 80.

Some people have said that it would be embarrassing for Man Utd to admit that they made a mistake. I believe it would now be even more embarrassing to not rectify that mistake.

Agree

on sidenote did you make the cut in the Golf?:p

No
    Agree

on sidenote did you make the cut in the Golf?:p

Congrats...you're the only person that has ever understood my username. haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

No
    Lads, I admire anyone who would be loyal to the manager of their club. But surely, surely now, David Moyes's position is becoming untenable. Not even "becoming". It is untenable. I felt so sure that once it went 2-1, that was that. Went for a slash in the dying minutes and come back and it's 2-2. I couldn't believe it.

Under Alex Ferguson, if United trailed in a game by 1, it was almost a given that they'd come back, score twice, shutters down, sin é. United had this ruthless, never-say-die attitude that saw them draw in games where they should have lose, win games where they should have lost, etc. That killer instinct is gone.

The tactics are so poor. 70-odd crosses in a game. How many were successful? Talented players like Rooney, Van Persie, Mata and Januzaj should not be resorting to this kind of thing. Those 4 alone would be able to pick out pinpoint, on-the-deck passes. For 2 years, Mata was at Chelsea and he was simply immense. He is a divine talent, and needs to be used effectively. He could/should have been a saviour of the season for United, but that's looking unlikely now.

I know it seems a bit rich, a Chelsea fan giving a little speech about managerial policy, but the dogs in the streets now know that it is not working. Hasn't worked for a very long time. There is nowhere to hide now, nowhere. While every other fan of every other club in England is hoping Moyes stays at United now, the simple fact of the matter is that the Man United board has to, simply has to, at this stage hold their hands up and admit they made a mistake. Losses have to be cut now, before the damage is too great.

Who would be got to replace Moyes should the board finally wake up and smell the coffee? Who knows. I don't. But I don't think even a caretaker manager would advocate such poor tactics in games. Against opposition as poor as Fulham, there is no excuse for playing so poorly. Those players United had on the pitch should have been able to unpick Fulham's defence with some pinpoint passing, no question. But they didn't. Resorting to long balls and Hail Mary crosses. It was pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Manchester United are a club that has one of the most illustrious histories of any club in the world. Since the inception of the Premier League, they are a team that hasn't finished outside the Top 3. This is a club that is used to winning, used to being at the top of the pile (or damn near it anyway). Now, for the first time in a long time, a Top 4 finish looks ever increasingly unlikely. 9 points is the gap now, between United and Liverpool. Maybe that gap is not insurmountable, but I think it is.

Never have I seen Manchester United doing so poorly in terms of results. I've seen Man United playing poorly. But they'd get results. But now, it's poor play AND poor results. If the team was playing badly, but winning, it wouldn't be so bad. Hell, they've been doing that for a couple of years now. But when results suffer due to ineptitude on and off the pitch, it's time to call a halt to it. And quickly.

I'll probably get torn to shreds in here for this, but it's just what I think as an observer from the outside. I honestly think that United will continue to back Moyes at their peril. It is time to cut their losses, get shot of him and bring in a new man. A proven, tried and tested winner. A manager who has managed at the highest levels and who has had success. This is needed now. I apologise if anyone finds this a bit much coming from a Chelsea fan, but in your heart of hearts, I think you know that at least some of what I've said is right.

No
    Congrats...you're the only person that has ever understood my username. haha

Follow the PGA tour so would know pretty much them all by face name etc.

Good username

No
    Follow the PGA tour so would know pretty much them all by face name etc.

Good username

I know what they all have for breakfast at this stage.

So, are there any Moyes supporters left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

No
    Ha!

1e3yhe.jpg

No

Just his daughter and wife I say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

No
    Arsenal away isn't an ideal fixture up next for Moyes.

A heavy defeat there and he'll start to feel real pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Hello, my name is Fergiesfolly.
    I thought Moyes the man for the job.
    I see now I was suffering from some sort of delusional episode.
    I am sorry and I need help.
    Lots and lots of help....

Although not nearly as much as our manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No
    dsdsadsadsnljxy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ferguson taking over for the rest of the season would be a dream, it's never going to happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yet at the same time.

Premier league records smashed for crosses...possessions..short passes etc. The composure and finese in the final third was shocking by the players.

The goals conceded. A terrible Evra slacking and coasting as well as Vidic going into no mans land. Last goal Vidic trying to pass a header when it needs to be cleared.

I get the reaction from the general population and I'll admit my patience is being tested big time. I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in the morning.

Havnt fully converted to Moyes out. Really havnt. I saw a side dominate a Fulham side that came and sat in front of us. I dont know how much more the manager can so. If the players keep making basic defending errors and can't show a bit of composure in the final third.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I know what they all have for breakfast at this stage.

Ill give him until next Christmas as I have said before...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭crushproof

Rene seems like a top bloke, much more honest interview than I expect from Moyes

No

He is feeling the pressure now I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

To hell with the apprehension, I'm going for 6-0. Come on ta f*ck! :D

Ha ya f*ckin optimistic eejit. Hope ya didn't put money on it.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

No
    It looks like he is thinking he has made a terrible mistake, you have to feel for the guy though, it has been a rough 3 games.

matatattaagvj6a.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 41,872 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It pains me to say it, but with the quality of player moyes has available him, he had them playing a terrible brand of football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Dante

No
    Toaster in the bath territory.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Moyes blaming the finishing.

He'll destroy the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    Moyes rambling on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Xenji wrote: »
    It looks like he is thinking he has made a terrible mistake, you have to feel for the guy though, it has been a rough 3 games.
    ]

Stop talking ****e

No
    Look at that again, Moyes with an easy interview. How the **** does he get away with it? Im convinced if it was a foreign manager, his head would roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Moyes : "we didn't take our chances",we didn't exactly have too many clearcut ones.

No

he'll START to feel pressure? This is a wind up yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No
    Awful in the interview.

No
    lol Liverpool are going to destroy us.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

No
    'The amount of attempts, chances and play we had was unbelievable. How we didn't win I have no idea' - Moyes' postmatch interview. Jesus wept!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement