Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

No
    Get rid of the whole management setup as far as i'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    zerks wrote: »
    Moyes : "we didn't take our chances",we didn't exactly have too many clearcut ones.

I knew he'd count 400 crosses as 400 chances :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Moyes talking ****e... More excuses, more we deserved better, more of the same crap.....

Top 4 is gone at this stage I don't think we will be in the Europa league....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Moyes blaming the finishing.

He'll destroy the club.
    Moyes must stay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No
    TheDoc wrote: »
    Yet at the same time.

Premier league records smashed for crosses...possessions..short passes etc. The composure and finese in the final third was shocking by the players.

The goals conceded. A terrible Evra slacking and coasting as well as Vidic going into no mans land. Last goal Vidic trying to pass a header when it needs to be cleared.

I get the reaction from the general population and I'll admit my patience is being tested big time. I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in the morning.

Havnt fully converted to Moyes out. Really havnt. I saw a side dominate a Fulham side that came and sat in front of us. I dont know how much more the manager can so. If the players keep making basic defending errors and can't show a bit of composure in the final third.
    I dunno.,.. Let the great creative players you have work into the box maybe? Seeing Mata stifled like that hurt my feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Yet at the same time.

Premier league records smashed for crosses...possessions..short passes etc. The composure and finese in the final third was shocking by the players.

The goals conceded. A terrible Evra slacking and coasting as well as Vidic going into no mans land. Last goal Vidic trying to pass a header when it needs to be cleared.

I get the reaction from the general population and I'll admit my patience is being tested big time. I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in the morning.

Havnt fully converted to Moyes out. Really havnt. I saw a side dominate a Fulham side that came and sat in front of us. I dont know how much more the manager can so. If the players keep making basic defending errors and can't show a bit of composure in the final third.

I have been in the give him time camp all season but my god he is making it tough.

Not only did we set up to cross and cross only but the height difference was there to see and the 2nd ball after the clearing header only pushed the ball back out wide. Fulham expected this and set up perfectly.

Again and even with the dour tactics what the players did was poor. The crossing was poor. Vidic was poor for both goals. Carrick should have won that ball in MF, it was so half hearted.

Look at Evra here, this is shockingly lazy. Where the hell is the desire to protect the goal

09-02-2014-GifNumber-138.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    adox wrote: »
    Awful in the interview.

Hard to figure out what point he was trying to make.

No
    F*&k the Europa League, it's a waste of time anyway.

Need new Management team in before the End of Season. Not starting in July and using that as an Excuse !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Its becoming pretty obvious that the fit just isnt right. Its like Hodgson at Liverpool. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and admit you got it wrong. I've a feeling his days may be numbered if United fail to beat Arsenal on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Moyes has got to be saying that our final ball/cross needs to be much better...wtf does he be thinking in those interviews..not with it at all it seemed.

Headshot wrote: »
    Look at that again, Moyes with an easy interview. How the **** does he get away with it? Im convinced if it was a foreign manager, his head would roll.

100%. Neville is giving him an easy ride and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

No
    CSF wrote: »
    I dunno.,.. Let the great creative players you have work into the box maybe? Seeing Mata stifled like that hurt my feelings.

But Mata was poor, pushed off the ball, made some poor passes, didn't chase back enough.
    Stifled , but he needs to do better than that.

No
    syngindub wrote: »
    F*&k the Europa League, it's a waste of time anyway.

Need new Management team in before the End of Season. Not starting in July and using that as an Excuse !!

I honestly don't feel United look like getting Europa League unless 7th gets it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

No
    Have a feeling we will beat arsenal , is it on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

No
    100%. Neville is giving him an easy ride and all.

Neville has a conflict of interest with the brother as a coach, no point even asking him about if in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Stifled like what ? He was clearly roaming through the game.

I'm not defending the crossing. I was roaring here at anger of it. But at the same time when you have ten players parked in front...going intricately through the middle can be tough. Shifting the ball across and outside you hope a defender makes a positional mistake and you capitalise.

The lack of sivetosty though was frustrating. But I was more frustrated at the poor quality of our final third play. Players not crowding the box...crossing not been good.

Anyway. I'm gonna keep low for the night. Emotions be running high in here understandably...but my initial reaction was anger with the players again.

No
    But Mata was poor, pushed off the ball, made some poor passes, didn't chase back enough.

Yeah he was poor but he has it very difficult in this United system.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

BgDS2v-CYAAmTn3.jpg:large

Get this chancer away from my club. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    On another note, my heart goes out to Kag, he should leave the club for his own sake. Its dreadful how utd are treating him tbh

No

What in gods name gives you that feelin :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No

This comment is representative of this thread all season. WE lose, and then we have a few days of allowing ourselves to be positive and optimistic, because after all we're man utd. However, this is a different Man utd to what we're used to. We had no right to be optimistic about today's game, based on past performances, regardless of the opposition. Of course we won't beat Arsenal. How can you even suggest that based on the performances?

Neville has a conflict of interest with the brother as a coach, no point even asking him about if in fairness

Aye, he shouldn't be on United matches. To hear him pointing out a sneaky Rooney attempted trip off the ball in the first half was surprising. There were a few times I thought he was going to crack and go off-script.

Yous will get a result against Arsenal btw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I've been very adamant that Moyes should be given a chance but after today, I'm now adamant that he has to go.

Do I trust him to get the tactics right for the rest of the season? No

Do I think he will change his tactics? No

Do I trust him to rebuild the club with 100-200 million? Spend 37 million on Mata only to play him on the right against the worst team in the league? Absolutely no.

He is a deer in the headlights. He hasn't a clue what to do.

As a business, I hope we make the correct business decision and get rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

No
    Stop talking ****e

Jesus, just an observation of an image, chill :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

No
    United Rant ‏@unitedrant 17m

Crosses this w/e:
    Munich: 11
    A Madrid: 17
    R Madrid: 19
    Chelsea: 19
    Juve: 21
    Dortmund: 24
    City: 39
    United: 82

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Moyes celebration speaks a 1000 words.

guy is definitely feeling the pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

syngindub wrote: »
    What in gods name gives you that feelin :)

United do often seem to pull off results against Arsenal even when not playing all that well. Granted it doesn't look all that likely now.

No
    Stifled like what ? He was clearly roaming through the game.

I'm not defending the crossing. I was roaring here at anger of it. But at the same time when you have ten players parked in front...going intricately through the middle can be tough. Shifting the ball across and outside you hope a defender makes a positional mistake and you capitalise.

The lack of sivetosty though was frustrating. But I was more frustrated at the poor quality of our final third play. Players not crowding the box...crossing not been good.

Anyway. I'm gonna keep low for the night. Emotions be running high in here understandably...but my initial reaction was anger with the players again.

Good teams have to be able to unlock weaker teams. All the top teams face this issue on a regular basis, that is why players like Mata are so important. When you're not even going to try probe and try create space and pull players out of position, you may aswell just hire 2 expert crossers, because Mata is wasted in that role.

Players need to be played in a way that suits their strengths, it's unfair to expect them to be great anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I get your point, but would add one caveat. Fulham are a shambles lately, we should and probably will be beating them easily.

But if we don't? If United lose to Fulham today then enough is enough for Moyes.

And what about a draw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

, is it on tv

BT Sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Aye, he shouldn't be on United matches. To hear him pointing out a sneaky Rooney attempted trip off the ball in the first half was surprising. There were a few times I thought he was going to crack and go off-script.

He's not afraid to criticise United players. Did a massively harsh.piece on De Gea a season ago and generally calls out dives and the like. He's struggling to call out the management, though. Whilst Phil is there, he should probably come off United games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

A point is a point tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No
    Gone beyond a joke at this stage...

He needs to go and let someone else do the restructing that needs to be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

DazMarz wrote: »
    Lads, I admire anyone who would be loyal to the manager of their club. But surely, surely now, David Moyes's position is becoming untenable. Not even "becoming". It is untenable. I felt so sure that once it went 2-1, that was that. Went for a slash in the dying minutes and come back and it's 2-2. I couldn't believe it.

Under Alex Ferguson, if United trailed in a game by 1, it was almost a given that they'd come back, score twice, shutters down, sin é. United had this ruthless, never-say-die attitude that saw them draw in games where they should have lose, win games where they should have lost, etc. That killer instinct is gone.

The tactics are so poor. 70-odd crosses in a game. How many were successful? Talented players like Rooney, Van Persie, Mata and Januzaj should not be resorting to this kind of thing. Those 4 alone would be able to pick out pinpoint, on-the-deck passes. For 2 years, Mata was at Chelsea and he was simply immense. He is a divine talent, and needs to be used effectively. He could/should have been a saviour of the season for United, but that's looking unlikely now.

I know it seems a bit rich, a Chelsea fan giving a little speech about managerial policy, but the dogs in the streets now know that it is not working. Hasn't worked for a very long time. There is nowhere to hide now, nowhere. While every other fan of every other club in England is hoping Moyes stays at United now, the simple fact of the matter is that the Man United board has to, simply has to, at this stage hold their hands up and admit they made a mistake. Losses have to be cut now, before the damage is too great.

Who would be got to replace Moyes should the board finally wake up and smell the coffee? Who knows. I don't. But I don't think even a caretaker manager would advocate such poor tactics in games. Against opposition as poor as Fulham, there is no excuse for playing so poorly. Those players United had on the pitch should have been able to unpick Fulham's defence with some pinpoint passing, no question. But they didn't. Resorting to long balls and Hail Mary crosses. It was pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Manchester United are a club that has one of the most illustrious histories of any club in the world. Since the inception of the Premier League, they are a team that hasn't finished outside the Top 3. This is a club that is used to winning, used to being at the top of the pile (or damn near it anyway). Now, for the first time in a long time, a Top 4 finish looks ever increasingly unlikely. 9 points is the gap now, between United and Liverpool. Maybe that gap is not insurmountable, but I think it is.

Never have I seen Manchester United doing so poorly in terms of results. I've seen Man United playing poorly. But they'd get results. But now, it's poor play AND poor results. If the team was playing badly, but winning, it wouldn't be so bad. Hell, they've been doing that for a couple of years now. But when results suffer due to ineptitude on and off the pitch, it's time to call a halt to it. And quickly.

I'll probably get torn to shreds in here for this, but it's just what I think as an observer from the outside. I honestly think that United will continue to back Moyes at their peril. It is time to cut their losses, get shot of him and bring in a new man. A proven, tried and tested winner. A manager who has managed at the highest levels and who has had success. This is needed now. I apologise if anyone finds this a bit much coming from a Chelsea fan, but in your heart of hearts, I think you know that at least some of what I've said is right.

And whos available?:rolleyes:
    Look folks we may aswell leave Moyes their until the end of the season at least and re-evaluate things then. I know he is completely out of debth and was a bad choice in the beginning but we are not going to quickly turn the season around by appointing someone else now. This season can just be written off now apart from the CL of course and I also expect the gunners to beat us on Wednesday to add to our misery:o

He's not afraid to criticise United players. Did a massively harsh.piece on De Gea a season ago and generally calls out dives and the like. He's struggling to call out the management, though. Whilst Phil is there, he should probably come off United games.

He's a lot easier on the English players, which is why I mentioned Rooney.

No

I don't see it. Arsenal are much better set up to deal with United than they were with the quick fluid movements of Suarez/Coutinho/Sturridge and Sterling. I know Arsenal did concede the 2 Skrtel goals this weekend but more often than not Koscielny and Mertesacker have made it so that teams will have to a lot of good to score against them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Moyes: "I think we did everything we could. We crossed it, passed it & tried to get through but just didn’t quite have the finishing touch."

ddF2JVH.gif

No

He is the same with the English players, one of the worst for the xenophobia. I think he understands the game very very well but his unwillingness to call a spade a spade means he is in the wrong job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No

How many times did we hear this almost to the letter about Kagawa? Are we doomed to make the same mistakes again and again?

• Advertisement

Good teams have to be able to unlock weaker teams. All the top teams face this issue on a regular basis, that is why players like Mata are so important. When you're not even going to try probe and try create space and pull players out of position, you may aswell just hire 2 expert crossers, because Mata is wasted in that role.

Players need to be played in a way that suits their strengths, it's unfair to expect them to be great anyway.

In fairness, in isolation, when a team plays like this, they can sometimes get a result. I remember Birmingham doing it a couple of years ago and Blackburn. In isolation, I'd say that these results happen.

But it's not in isolation. A season of misusing a talented squad. It is hard to defend him at this stage as I can't see what he's doing well.

We are relatively toothless up front due to poor tactics, our defence is a shambles and our midfield is non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I said on here last night that if we failed to beat Fulham i would for the for the first time think Moyes has to go.

This was a Fulham team who scored just one goal in their last five games against the likes of the mighty Sheffield united and we couldn't beat them at home

I don't see it. Arsenal are much better set up to deal with United than they were with the quick fluid movements of Suarez/Coutinho/Sturridge and Sterling. I know Arsenal did concede the 2 Skrtel goals this weekend but more often than not Koscielny and Mertesacker have made it so that teams will have to a lot of good to score against them

I've felt Arsenal's league position has been above their level for a while now. Obviously we'll find out over the next couple of months. But anyway, Arsenal have 1 win in 10 against United. Arsenal have already lost to them this season and are coming off a 5-1 defeat. I just don't fancy Arsenal at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

How many times did we hear this almost to the letter about Kagawa? Are we doomed to make the same mistakes again and again?

Yep. Go the same feeling.

He is the same with the English players, one of the worst for the xenophobia. I think he understands the game very very well but his unwillingness to call a spade a spade means he is in the wrong job

I think you're being very harsh and there's a lot of confirmation bias when people listen to him, attributing meaning when it isn't there.

He has been generally excellent, just doesn't seem to want to call out his brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    billyhead wrote: »
    And whos available?:rolleyes:
    Look folks we may aswell leave Moyes their until the end of the season at least and re-evaluate things then.

We have to be careful about leaving it too late though. Apparently when a manager comes in early in the summer thats too late to make signings, because he needs months to evaluate the squad or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Soldie wrote: »
    BgDS2v-CYAAmTn3.jpg:large

Get this chancer away from my club. :(

I wouldn't put too much into the possesion, touches etc as Fulham simply had no intention of keeping the ball.

but fűck me you have just bought probably the best No.10 in the league behind Silva for £37mil and you's cross the ball more times since Opta stats began.

crazy crazy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

What the hell is Moyes supposed to do when the players keep failing on the pitch? Lot's of poor performances out there today and we have been useless at the back this season. Again we conceded early and the pressure was on us yet again. The defence has been a shambles this year.

Moyes is only part of the problem. The whole team, players and management, need to turn it around. Bringing in a new manager now would be madness.

No
    In fairness, in isolation, when a team plays like this, they can sometimes get a result. I remember Birmingham doing it a couple of years ago and Blackburn. In isolation, I'd say that these results happen.

But it's not in isolation. A season of misusing a talented squad. It is hard to defend him at this stage as I can't see what he's doing well.

We are relatively toothless up front due to poor tactics, our defence is a shambles and our midfield is non-existent.
    You're going to get that in a sport where the bounce of a ball can completely transform the destiny of a game.

But these things balance out and if you're not doing the right things often enough it will catch up on you.

As you said, it's hard to see what Moyes is doing well.

No
    Red Crow wrote: »
    What the hell is Moyes supposed to do when the players keep failing on the pitch? Lot's of poor performances out there today and we have been useless at the back this season. Again we conceded early and the pressure was on us yet again. The defence has been a shambles this year.

Moyes is only part of the problem. The whole team, players and management, need to turn it around. Bringing in a new manager now would be madness.
    I'm pretty sure those crossing stats means that barring 2 defensive errors United players did exactly what was asked of them.

If United approach that game differently they blitz Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Red Crow wrote: »

Bringing in a new manager now would be madness.

No.

You are wrong.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement