Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

What about bringing in Marcello Lippi? He's turned the Spurs job down, has a winning mentality and a vast array of experience. He's also an admirer of Utd.

Only problem I can see would be the language barrier.

He went to China for the dosh so I reckon a language barrier wouldn't be highest on his list of reasons to not take the Utd job. Plus he's pushing retirement now. He's 65 odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

No
    portcrap wrote: »
    The same reasons that fergie felt he was the right choice stands:

1. he is a steady stabilising factor for club, really important fopr a club in transition like we are

2. he can get the best of mediocre players

3. he believes in youth and can blend them into the team

4. he can drive players to work hard, track back etc.

All of these aspects are still true regardless of the results. If we finish 7th at the end of the season (which we wont) it doesn't change the fact that the club are in transition. Change has to be managed very carefully, knee jerk reactions lead to barren runs of not winning anything. I, like I suspect most fans do, want to see a manager at the helm for at least 8-10 years and not go through the sh1te that liverpool have had for the last 20 odd years.

1. Stabilising factor? That's one of the most ironic things i've ever read (well, it was until i read the rest of your post).

What "stability" did and does Moyes offer?

Stability implies continuity. So Moyes showed this continuity and stability by firing the backroom staff that brought tremendous success to the club and bringing in Steve Round and others from Everton!! Give me a break! If he was this stabilising factor he'd have come in, slotted in like a cog with proven class coaches (Phelan, Rene etc) and kept up the good work.

He went for revolution not continuation. Which is perfectly his prerogative as a new manager but you lose the right to call him a stabilising factor the minute he ditches years of stability by getting rid of people.

In terms of going forward, does he offer stability? YES. In one sense anyway. If Mourinho or Pep was brought in, they'd have LIKELY won a heap of silverware and moved on in 3 to 4 years when another big club comes calling. There's no danger of that with Moyes. No other top club in Europe will be head-hunting him with mega-bucks.

So yes if by stability you mean security and loyalty, Moyes is the man. And exactly the antithesis of what United should be doing. You should never go for loyal mediocrity over genius. That applies to players and managers.

2. Who are these mediocre players you speak of? Cleverley, Evans, Anderson, Young, Valencia, Hernandez? I don't know what your definition of average is but i'd make a strong case for the average players performing even below their mediocre talents under Moyes.

3. Believes in youth? As in Adnan? Or do you mean the copious amount of game time he has given Zaha, Will Keane, Macheda, Nick Powell and the rest of them? Oh wait.....

Throwing Adnan in, who is purely exceptional for his age, is not brave or believing in youth. It's a no-brainer. It's no different to putting in a young Wayne Rooney at Everton or a Ross Barkley now. If someone is that good, they play. But i'm not seeing anything else of note.

Contrast that to Pochettino who trusted an 18 year old to start up front in a league game. Totally unproven but the manager instilled a lot of faith in him by giving him the nod.

4. He can drive players to work hard and track back? Right. Well for a start working hard should be automatic playing for a top club on top wages. Second, i don't see him transforming RVP, Kagawa or even Mata into these workhorses who track back.

Moyes the Motivator. Indeed.

I've seen people try to defend Moyes for a whole variety of reasons but the above post takes the prize. Absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

No
    Who else should have chosen the next manager? The Glazers know nothing about the sport.

They could get in advisors, but who could be a better advisor than the greatest manager the club has known?

Who else? so there were no other people at the club capable of choosing the next manager? Really? Who could be a better advisor than Fergie - anyone it seems! He chose a man who has never won anything, Martinez and Laudrup have won more and they are small time managers to some. The logic doesn't sit well with me, before Fergie moved to OT he had a history of winning things in difficult circumstances. Moyes was getting praise for ahchieving PL survival for 10 years. Whoopdedo.

One of the biggest clubs in the world should have had a string of potential targets and a top top manager. Look at the way Pep was recruited to Bayern, a year in advance and seamless transition. Their previous manager won everything that year - was he allowed to choose his successor?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Your Moyes - you walk into Carrington tomorrow morning to your players ... what the hell do you change for the match against Arsenal?

Your Ferguson [as manager, won everything] - you walk into Carrington tomorrow morning to your players ... what the hell do you change for the match against Arsenal?

I support Moyes continuing but under Ferguson the players would have been terrified to go in tomorrow morning but how long Moyes has before he looses the dressing room is the big big problem - I really do wish he can weather this storm but the two scenarios above just highlight the job Moyes has now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    1920354_10201023676624654_1848774764_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Hernandez being cryptic on instagram. "The time to speak about many things will come…"

Nothing cryptic about that, he leaves in the Summer and speaks out then, at least that is what i took from it.

No
    Hernandez being cryptic on instagram. "The time to speak about many things will come…"

I bet there will be a lot of negative stories coming out as soon as a lot of players leave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No

G'wan Chich, lead the mutiny!

Viva La Revolución!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Chico has been horrendous this season. Absolute muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

If we spend half the amount of money on players that Mick Hucknall has spent on his face we will have the best squad in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Never wanted Moyes but was willing to give him a chance but today is the last straw, this was a very poor Fulham team with 2-3 players making they're premier league debuts! RVP looked p!ssed off all game having to compete for headers with 2 taller defenders.

This team needs a serious rebuild but I just don't think he's the right man to do it. He doesn't seem to have a specific game plan IMO except to cross it into the box. At least with Liverpool last season you could see what Rogers was trying to do even though he didn't have great results at the start. Since the turn of the year we seem to have regressed even though we have got injured players back and brought in Mata. That was probably our best starting 11 today except maybe jones in for Smalling and Januzaj in for Young and we couldn't beat a terrible Fulham team who Liverpool will probably stuff 5-0 in midweek!

I'd like to see Klopp in but we'll prob need to wait till the summer, I think it would make it easier to sign players as we'll, can't see many world class players wanting to play under Moyes especially with no champs league.

Also, under no circumstance should we bring Fergie back, every future manager would be looking over there shoulder as long as he's there then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

1. Stabilising factor? That's one of the most ironic things i've ever read (well, it was until i read the rest of your post).

What "stability" did and does Moyes offer?

Stability implies continuity. So Moyes showed this continuity and stability by firing the backroom staff that brought tremendous success to the club and bringing in Steve Round and others from Everton!! Give me a break! If he was this stabilising factor he'd have come in, slotted in like a cog with proven class coaches (Phelan, Rene etc) and kept up the good work.

He went for revolution not continuation. Which is perfectly his prerogative as a new manager but you lose the right to call him a stabilising factor the minute he ditches years of stability by getting rid of people.

In terms of going forward, does he offer stability? YES. In one sense anyway. If Mourinho or Pep was brought in, they'd have LIKELY won a heap of silverware and moved on in 3 to 4 years when another big club comes calling. There's no danger of that with Moyes. No other top club in Europe will be head-hunting him with mega-bucks.

So yes if by stability you mean security and loyalty, Moyes is the man. And exactly the antithesis of what United should be doing. You should never go for loyal mediocrity over genius. That applies to players and managers.

2. Who are these mediocre players you speak of? Cleverley, Evans, Anderson, Young, Valencia, Hernandez? I don't know what your definition of average is but i'd make a strong case for the average players performing even below their mediocre talents under Moyes.

3. Believes in youth? As in Adnan? Or do you mean the copious amount of game time he has given Zaha, Will Keane, Macheda, Nick Powell and the rest of them? Oh wait.....

Throwing Adnan in, who is purely exceptional for his age, is not brave or believing in youth. It's a no-brainer. It's no different to putting in a young Wayne Rooney at Everton or a Ross Barkley now. If someone is that good, they play. But i'm not seeing anything else of note.

Contrast that to Pochettino who trusted an 18 year old to start up front in a league game. Totally unproven but the manager instilled a lot of faith in him by giving him the nod.

4. He can drive players to work hard and track back? Right. Well for a start working hard should be automatic playing for a top club on top wages. Second, i don't see him transforming RVP, Kagawa or even Mata into these workhorses who track back.

Moyes the Motivator. Indeed.

I've seen people try to defend Moyes for a whole variety of reasons but the above post takes the prize. Absolute nonsense.

Why would you just read it in the context of united? I was referring to his time at Everton over a 10 year period not just judging a manager on 25 PL games. Typical short sightedness wonderfullife.

As I said in a previous post stability is much more than performances on the field. After taking over from the best manager in history he's doing just okay, which probably has made you sh1t your pants a bit. But give him a proper amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

No
    The biggest mistake was allowing the last manager to choose his successor. Brilliant as he was what exactly made him the logical decider of the next manager? Just cos they are both Scottish and both had similar traits ... never ment he was going to be a success.

10 games into next season suggests he will be allowed spend money in the summer??? would you allow that?
    I think he probably deserves the summer to spend. There was some suggestion that Moyes didn't want to change the team too much last year but stick with what Ferguson had left him because he didn't realise how poor some of these players are, and the signing of Mata plus the talk of a massive summer of spending suggests he does now want to get rid of the dead weight and build his own team, and he probably should get a go at that.

But if after having a summer to try and build his team things still aren't working by November or so, then it probably would be time to cut our losses.
    [/B]

I say he is a stabilising influence of the club because of what could have been, not what has happened. Stability goes beyond the performances on the field, far more important is the culture of the club. For example, players don't mouth off to the media, the family club atmosphere, the separation of owners and management, the youth academy, media relations etc.

Stability also includes players. Lets face it, Rooney wanted to leave and him staying has been good for the club. Januzaj signed a five year contract. De gea is about to agree a five year contract. No players left or will leave that Moyes thinks is up to the standard.

I 100% agree with your last point. But nor should we sacrifice a manager after half a season that has the potential to do well. I accept that whether he does or not remains to be seen, but he should be at least afforded the opportunity.
    You are right in that, getting Januzaj to sign on was massive, especially after seeing Fergie mess up so badly with Pogba, and Rooney certainly seems to have his passion for United back (celebration for the 2nd goal and key example of that)

I'm not actually calling for his head just yet, I never actually said in my post he should go, but I was more trying to point out that those arguing he should be released, well there argument is only growing stronger by the day.

I think he probably should get at least a couple of months into next season so he has this summer to build his own team, but if things aren't working out by then it has to be goodbye.

What has really disappointed me in the last few weeks is that after the signing of Mata there was a lot of hope that a new system would be deployed and tactics would change. Instead he has simply made a like for like swap, dropping Januzaj in all 3 matches since we signed Mata, even though Januzaj had been or best player for the previous 4 or 5 weeks.
    The midfield that started against Stoke last week was a shambles too!

dahat wrote: »
    Nothing cryptic about that, he leaves in the Summer and speaks out then, at least that is what i took from it.

A decent show in the world cup from him, a decent offer from anyone in the summer and he'll be gone. Best thing for him. He's going backwards at OT.He's not going to be another Solksjaer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

No point in getting rid of Moyes now. Very unlikely that any manager would make up the 9 pts to CL places so may as well give him the year.

You'd imagine that if they hadn't conceded the late goal, the entire club and fan base would be feeling very differently going into the Arsenal match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No
    zerks wrote: »
    BgDbrGLIIAEhFV7.jpg

Jaysus that picture is too perfect. Sometimes this season is too much to take! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    gosplan wrote: »
    No point in getting rid of Moyes now. Very unlikely that any manager would make up the 9 pts to CL places so may as well give him the year.

You'd imagine that if they hadn't conceded the late goal, the entire club and fan base would be feeling very differently going into the Arsenal match.

Not really. Even at 2-1 up, it didn't change the fact we were dire for 80 minutes against the worst team in the league. Was dreading going into the next match at 2-1.

gosplan wrote: »

Bring in a manager now, write off the season and have plenty of time to assess the squad before the transfer window opens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No
    [/B]

Why would you just read it in the context of united? I was referring to his time at Everton over a 10 year period not just judging a manager on 25 PL games. Typical short sightedness wonderfullife.

As I said in a previous post stability is much more than performances on the field. After taking over from the best manager in history he's doing just okay, which probably has made you sh1t your pants a bit. But give him a proper amount of time.

To be fair he has absolutely ripped your post apart as pure nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No
    So lets say we lose to Arsenal midweek, and Moyes does get sacked the following morning. Where do we go from there?

Fergie is not coming back in any way, and rightly so. There are NO managers out of work at the moment who can even submit a CV for the job, so if we are making a full time appointment, we have to poach someone midseason, thats a nightmare.

If, and I stress IF, Moyes does get the sack, here is a situation I would like to see. Gary Neville brought in as interim boss until the seasons' end. Here is why:

-Gary Neville is a natural born leader of men.
    -He proves every week that he has a very good tactical brain and knows the game.
    -United is pumping through his veins.
    -He has the respect of the players.
    -He is allergic to bull****, so we won't have to hear "I thought we played well" after every loss.

Just look at the difference Tim Sherwood has made at Spurs, those lads are playing for him week in week out, I think we could do much worse than having a similar situation for us, and then assess the potential candidates in the summer.

Reasons against it:

-Unproven as a manager.
    -He may not want the job.

It's purely hypothetical, but I see no light at the end of the tunnel for the way the club is now. Were Moyes to get the sack its something I would like to see. It's far more realistic than expecting Conte or Klopp to leave the clubs they love and teams they have built.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So thats the word I use to describe this season. Insane.

Totally agree. And a lot of blame is being put on Moyes, but I think the players are just as culpable. Apart from De Gea I have never seen such a poor Utd defence over the course of a season. It's so bad that every single game it feels like we have to score two or three goals just to be in with a chance at any points, because you know that the defence will fall asleep and concede.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No

No he hasn't. He has gotten shag all game time and zero service. You are just taking it out on the players because that's the easy thing to do. It's the same with your comments on Welbeck and your idea that Carrick and RvP returning would fix things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Jaysus that picture is too perfect. Sometimes this season is too much to take! :)

you woulda loved the 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

If moyes was showing some kind of improvement in the teams performances then i would have continued to let him have time to try and get the results but today was a complete joke. To continuously fire in crosses and not try to mix it up a bit was like something that would be seen in the amateur leagues. To have players like rvp, rooney and mata there while doing so is worse. The guy just doesn't fit at united, same as a lot of ex managers at other clubs and ex players at united. It's time to get rid and let someone else come in and salvage something from the rest of the season that hopefully can be built on next year

No
    Schwiiing wrote: »
    A decent show in the world cup from him, a decent offer from anyone in the summer and he'll be gone. Best thing for him. He's going backwards at OT.He's not going to be another Solksjaer.

I've always considered him to be pretty overrated. United under Ferguson were a team set up for the striker to score goals.

No
    Pro. F wrote: »
    No he hasn't. He has gotten shag all game time and zero service. You are just taking it out on the players because that's the easy thing to do. It's the same with your comments on Welbeck and your idea that Carrick and RvP returning would fix things.

Forget about the Zero service. He cant even control the ball properly. His first touch and passing has been awful.

Big Chico fan but he has been awful.

Show me where I said RVP and Carrick would fix things please?

You seem to be looking for fight for sake of it.

No
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    So lets say we lose to Arsenal midweek, and Moyes does get sacked the following morning. Where do we go from there?

Fergie is not coming back in any way, and rightly so. There are NO managers out of work at the moment who can even submit a CV for the job, so if we are making a full time appointment, we have to poach someone midseason, thats a nightmare.

If, and I stress IF, Moyes does get the sack, here is a situation I would like to see. Gary Neville brought in as interim boss until the seasons' end. Here is why:

-Gary Neville is a natural born leader of men.
    -He proves every week that he has a very good tactical brain and knows the game.
    -United is pumping through his veins.
    -He has the respect of the players.
    -He is allergic to bull****, so we won't have to hear "I thought we played well" after every loss.

Just look at the difference Tim Sherwood has made at Spurs, those lads are playing for him week in week out, I think we could do much worse than having a similar situation for us, and then assess the potential candidates in the summer.

Reasons against it:

-Unproven as a manager.
    -He may not want the job.

It's purely hypothetical, but I see no light at the end of the tunnel for the way the club is now. Were Moyes to get the sack its something I would like to see. It's far more realistic than expecting Conte or Klopp to leave the clubs they love and teams they have built.

Ah no, don't be silly. The chap isn't even really a full-time coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No
    Moyes interviews and conferences don't emit confidence. His choice of words are so telling, "We'll try" "We'll try to do our best" "Hopefully we`ll kick on" "I don't know what we have to do to win" "I thought we played well". These aren't words the manager of one of the biggest teams in the world should be using. How is it affecting the players in that dressing room and on the pitch. You can just see he isn't up to it. Nevermind formations and results.

I said at the start of the reason he should be sacked if they don't get top 4 and I stick by it, but now I know 4th is gone and wouldn't care if he was sacked tomorrow morning.

Also that bench of assistants has become a laughing stock if it wasn't already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

What about giving Mauricio Pochettino a chance. He would at least have the team playing through Mata and Kagawa rather than hoofing the ball up to Van Persie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I think the funniest thing about this whole thing is the people who have been saying at the start of every season for about 10 years now (the years I've been reading this forum anyway) that United could be a threat to fall off this season are in here and other threads saying "I said at the start of this season that this is the year United will be bad" as vindication for their threadbare opinions on football.

The likes of Turdyturd, monkey9, michael999999 or whatever among others are trolling match threads like nobodies business, worse than ever before, things that other people have been banned for for doing on a consistent basis can seemingly say whatever they want now, thanking each other's posts that are clearly just there for a wind up. I don't report people as I think it's a bit petty most of the time but if it continues like it is I might have to get some examples. I know they're trolling because for the most part on other forums they are actually decent posters in some other forums. I don't normally read Liverpool or whoever's match threads but have been in them sometimes when they're not doing well and it's definitely not like the way it is in rivals threads. The good posters are pretty much having their posts lost in the 4 or 5 constant posters of pure crap.

No
    jaykay74 wrote: »
    you woulda loved the 80s

I know. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No
    CSF wrote: »
    Ah no, don't be silly. The chap isn't even really a full-time coach.

Because he has a job that he really enjoys, he would definitely be involved if he wasn't with Sky. I think as a short term solution he would be great to get the players playing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

nuxxx wrote: »

Also that bench of assistants has become a laughing stock if it wasn't already.

They are like a crowd of lads on work experience,Chris Woods is the only one I'd keep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Does Neville have his Pro Licence? He'd have to be working towards his Pro to get the job.

I wouldn't say no otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No

And why do you think that is?

Chico has been fantastic for the team ever since he was signed, and yet this season he has turned into absolute muck, now why is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No
    If the suggestion is that a loss to Arsenal will get Moyes the sack then I couldn't care less if we lose. This season is a disaster and the only good thing that can be salvaged now is Moyes getting the sack before he manages to stumble his way to a few decent wins and survives the sack until next Christmas. If we start the Summer with Moyes in charge then next season is a write off already. Also if we want a top class manager we will not get one ten games into next season.

I truely believe that appointing a manager with the respect of someone like Jurgen Klopp would be the only way to sell the club to players in the Summer without CL football. Players will not want to come to United to be embarrassed in our own stadium.

Pains me to be so negative about United but it's beyond bad now.

Liam O wrote: »
    I think the funniest thing about this whole thing is the people who have been saying at the start of every season for about 10 years now (the years I've been reading this forum anyway) that United could be a threat to fall off this season are in here and other threads saying "I said at the start of this season that this is the year United will be bad" as vindication for their threadbare opinions on football.

The likes of Turdyturd, monkey9, michael999999 or whatever among others are trolling match threads like nobodies business, worse than ever before, things that other people have been banned for for doing on a consistent basis can seemingly say whatever they want now, thanking each other's posts that are clearly just there for a wind up. I don't report people as I think it's a bit petty most of the time but if it continues like it is I might have to get some examples. I know they're trolling because for the most part on other forums they are actually decent posters in some other forums. I don't normally read Liverpool or whoever's match threads but have been in them sometimes when they're not doing well and it's definitely not like the way it is in rivals threads. The good posters are pretty much having their posts lost in the 4 or 5 constant posters of pure crap.

Some mods can be found thanking said posts so don't hold your breath for any changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

No
    What are peoples feelings regarding him getting sacked if he loses on Wednesday ?

Surely there has to be one straw that brakes the camels back ?

http://www.hasmoyesbeensacked.com/

No
    And why do you think that is?

Chico has been fantastic for the team ever since he was signed, and yet this season he has turned into absolute muck, now why is that?

Im just talking about basic things like passing and controlling the ball. I love Chico and huge fan but he been poor. Moyes or no Moyes. Little game time or no little game time and he has started some amount of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Little Pea wrote: »
    What are peoples feelings regarding him getting sacked if he loses on Wednesday ?

He should be sacked tonight

• Advertisement

I'd be happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

No
    Bring in a manager now, write off the season and have plenty of time to assess the squad before the transfer window opens.

What manager? Good luck getting Klopp or any other fan favourite out of their clubs at this stage of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

No
    Anyone think Fergie can come in and win yee the Champions league to get yee into it next year? Beat 4 teams and ye are there and one of them is already very beatable with good coaching.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Headshot wrote: »

A thanks isn't enough.

Refreshing constantly. Want to see that news break soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

No
    Headshot wrote: »

I totally agree and have been getting lambasted with comments about standing by the manager etc etc....

It should be clear for all to see that we need to cut our losses at this stage.

He is not the man to rebuild the united team.

No
    Liam O wrote: »

Jaysus Liam you have a fine big set on you there to complain about the bolded given your own posting record in year's past.

In the off chance that you have been genuinely oblivious to the last decade on this forum let me assure you that regular Utd posters have been well capable and willing to stick the boot in at their rival's misfortune. Yes, there is an unbridled glee on this forum at the moment from the ABU contingent. But you can hardly blame us? We have laboured long in the desert of disappointment. We need this.

The difference is that it won't take ye a ****ing half decade to get back in the house like it has taken us. Ye have money to spend, ye are strong in certain aspects throughout the squad and are a mouth watering prospect now for ambitious managers in a way ye wouldn't have been last summer. Unfortunately we may only get the one season of justice given how spectacularly bad Moyes has been. I think these are his last days and a much more appropriate appointment will soon follow.

=============================

By the way, it doesn't matter that Lippi doesn't speak English. It's always an extremely silly outlook imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Some mods can be found thanking said posts so don't hold your breath for any changes.

Right now there's a Chelsea and a Liverpool fan having an argument about posting history from a quick glance in there. I don't think someone like the Muppet was ever even as bad as some of the people around now, but he'd already made his bed before being re-instated I guess, people couldn't let his previous stuff go so the serial reporters came out every time he stepped out of line. Something has to be done about this imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    This talk of him being sacked if we lose to arsenal is very odd indeed.

Surely we have learned enough by now? Players are starting to speak out now and it seems that moyes, as nice a man that he is, has run out of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No
    Pro. F wrote: »
    Wowser, I wouldn't agree with the Young part at all. I could understand a claim that he didn't improve on Young, but that would be pushing it imo.

Yeah forget what I said about Young really, main point is I don't think Januzaj is anywhere near as good as is being made out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

I totally agree and have been getting lambasted with comments about standing by the manager etc etc....

It should be clear for all to see that we need to cut our losses at this stage.

He is not the man to rebuild the united team.

Christ weeps, the muppet suicide has extended to the moderator.

Hard luck lads he is here for the rest of this season and next. You will all just have to suck it up. Non champions league qualification at the end of next season will mean he is gone but not before that. Thank god none of you lot are running the club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement