Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Headshot wrote: »
    Your assessment is rubbish
    Go on so mate - please tell me exactly what you think is going to happen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    irishfeen wrote: »
    IMO this is the moment when Mourinho lost the right to manage United (rightly or wrongly) - That is not a manager of the greatest/most supported team on the planet.

2012_1_14_14_27.jpg

I'd rather an asshole winner managing United than a nice guy loser.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'd rather an asshole winner managing United than a nice guy loser.
    I tend to agree but to the United board I would assume that footage would have immediately ruled him out from managing United after Ferguson - not saying I agree with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    Can somebody explain top level football to me, because I am confused.

I was reading the match thread from the start of the match and within minutes multiple posters were talking about the tactic of crossing the ball and how it clearly wasn't working. It seemed obvious to me and clearly obvious to others smarter than me.

Yet 80 minutes and 80 crosses later, thats all United did all game.

Please, somebody explain to me how this happens. A tactic that a blind puppy could see wasn't working and United persisted with it all game. How does this happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Go on so mate - please tell me exactly what you think is going to happen...

You actually believe that crap?

He will go in the summer and go back to managing Mickey mouse teams where he belongs

And your UTD way post is quite infuriating and shows you have you no clue what you are talking about

You actually believe that crap?

He will go in the summer and go back to managing Mickey mouse teams where he belongs

And your UTD way post is quite infuriating and shows you have you no clue what you are talking about
    Whether I agree or disagree with it doesn't matter..... IMO it is the most likely thing to happen - he will be given the summer to build the team from scratch .... By Christmas if we are outside the top 4 then he will be gone.

I don't think that prediction is wildly pro Moyes - just think its what will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

No
    Can somebody explain top level football to me, because I am confused.

I was reading the match thread from the start of the match and within minutes multiple posters were talking about the tactic of crossing the ball and how it clearly wasn't working. It seemed obvious to me and clearly obvious to others smarter than me.

Yet 80 minutes and 80 crosses later, thats all United did all game.

Please, somebody explain to me how this happens. A tactic that a blind puppy could see wasn't working and United persisted with it all game. How does this happen?
    it comes down to the standard of British coaching
    its one dimensional & no wonder British Countries are all very poor teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No
    Devil08 wrote: »
    Another one trying to lick scouse arses in the hope he can avoid their abuse. Fcuk that.

Your embarrassing, you sound like a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Whether I agree or disagree with it doesn't matter..... IMO it is the most likely thing to happen - he will be given the summer to build the team from scratch .... By Christmas if we are outside the top 4 then he will be gone.

I don't think that prediction is wildly pro Moyes - just think its what will happen.
    I think this is what's going to happen and what was likely always going to happen. I'd be very very surprised if he gets the bullet before at least this time next year.

Whether I agree with that or not is fairly irrelevant. I'd just like not to give myself an aneurism after every match by getting super emotional about wanting him sacked NOW when it's highly highly unlikely it's going to happen.

The only way I can see him getting the sack is if players come out and openly criticise him now and the Board get jittery. In that case, I'd also sack the player(s) behind the revolt.

Bottom line, he's here for another while yet so either enjoy the ride or lose the use of yourself and get to work on giving yourself a stroke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

IMO this is the moment when Mourinho lost the right to manage United (rightly or wrongly) - That is not a manager of the greatest/most supported team on the planet.

2012_1_14_14_27.jpg

They look like cardboard cut outs. Like the cover of Sgt Pepper!

I think this is what's going to happen and what was likely always going to happen. I'd be very very surprised if he gets the bullet before at least this time next year.

Whether I agree with that or not is fairly irrelevant. I'd just like not to give myself an aneurism after every match by getting super emotional about wanting him sacked NOW when it's highly highly unlikely it's going to happen.

The only way I can see him getting the sack is if players come out and openly criticise him now and the Board get jittery. In that case, I'd also sack the player(s) behind the revolt.

Bottom line, he's here for another while yet so either enjoy the ride or lose the use of yourself and get to work on giving yourself a stroke.
    Totally agree and any players who think of doing it might be better off keeping their personal views to themselves or risk a backlash from supporters - as always said no player is bigger then Manchester United no matter what circumstances/manager is in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

No

2012_1_14_14_27.jpg

I am pretty sure he was Real Madrid manager at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭secman

No
    Wonder will the Glaziers take the chance and give Moyes up to 150 million next summer. Not too sure they will..... he is not exactly putting up a good case for them to do so. 6 months in and I don't know his game plan, doesn't look like the players do either. Mini me plan not working too well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

not that the fans where too happy about that fact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No
    secman wrote: »
    Wonder will the Glaziers take the chance and give Moyes up to 150 million next summer. Not too sure they will..... he is not exactly putting up a good case for them to do so. 6 months in and I don't know his game plan, doesn't look like the players do either. Mini me plan not working too well.

I have no doubt he would spend the money wisely and build a strong team. The targets he has been linked to are all positive.

What I doubt is his ability to get the most out of them and compete tactically with the best managers out there.

• Advertisement

Not even the best in Spain don't mind the world ;)

No
    No CL, no top players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

No CL, no top players
    Man City, PSG, Monaco, Dortmund etc. etc. would beg to differ.

No
    Liam O wrote: »
    Man City, PSG, Monaco, Dortmund etc. etc. would beg to differ.

Money bags that over pay and break wage structures. Disagree on dortmund too

No
    We overpaid for Fellaini and Mata in fairness. That's the only way we're going to get any of our targets under Moyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    No CL, no top players
    That's just not true. As long as United are still paying big wages then there'll be players interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Our starting front 2 worked well together today,getting real sick of the "wait 'til our top players click" spiel at this stage.

BgEUrqkIQAAh_N7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Also change the first r to s in your username with comments like that.

You should change the M to a D with posts like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Going full circle I see

Top players will come even without CL football, we'll have to pay well for them but it's only really 4 players we need, 5 at most

No
    zerks wrote: »
    Our starting front 2 worked well together today,getting real sick of the "wait 'til our top players click" spiel at this stage.

BgEUrqkIQAAh_N7.jpg

Thats our playmaker! :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

The appointment of Moyes is beginning to look like the signings of Bébé, Prunier, Milne, Taibi and Djemba-Djemba. Hell, it's looking like an Ali Dia signing.

Pros:

- ?

Cons:

- Plays regressive, ineffective, caveman football
    - Has fucked up two crucial transfer windows
    - Has given no indication he is capable of changing
    - Seems completely out of his depth

Have I missed something? I'm aware the Utd squad required and still requires massive investment but this is just taking the piss. Fergie strolled the league with these players. Moyes has had two transfer windows to address the problem areas in the squad and he has us playing football that make Stoke under Pulis look like Barcelona. I'm struggling to think of a manager Utd could have right now that would have us in a worse state.

Do you think Pep would be sacked by Bayern if they were sitting in 7th place in the Bundesliga right now?

Going full circle I see

Top players will come even without CL football, we'll have to pay well for them but it's only really 4 players we need, 5 at most

You're factoring in the loss of most of your back line there?

zerks wrote: »

BgEUrqkIQAAh_N7.jpg

Hah! One is the kick off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

In all their glory,the crosses from today's game:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Im actually hoping of a hammering from arsenal more chance of moyes going then...

He must know he is in trouble though

Great post. Well done. Hoping your team lose. Don't get how people like this call themselves supporters. Embarrassing really.

• Advertisement

Soldie wrote: »
    The appointment of Moyes is beginning to look like the signings of Bébé, Prunier, Milne, Taibi and Djemba-Djemba. Hell, it's looking like an Ali Dia signing.

Pros:

- ?

Cons:

- Plays regressive, ineffective, caveman football
    - Has fucked up two crucial transfer windows
    - Has given no indication he is capable of changing
    - Seems completely out of his depth

Have I missed something? I'm aware the Utd squad required and still requires massive investment but this is just taking the piss. Fergie strolled the league with these players. Moyes has had two transfer windows to address the problem areas in the squad and he has us playing football that make Stoke under Pulis look like Barcelona. I'm struggling to think of a manager Utd could have right now that would have us in a worse state.

Do you think Pep would be sacked by Bayern if they were sitting in 7th place in the Bundesliga right now?

In fairness, Pep inherited the worlds greatest team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

That guy behind Mourinho and Tito looks like a cross between Borat and Saddam Hussein.

2012_1_14_14_27.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

2012_1_14_14_27.jpg

NO SOUP MANCHESTER UNITED FOR YOU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

No
    Just reading the match stats, 76% possession, 18 shots on target, 11 shots off target, 10 corners. Moyes has to be one of the most unluckiest managers ever!

You're factoring in the loss of most of your back line there?

2 midfielders, a left back, a centre back and a right back. that's 5

We'll have Jones, Smalling and Evans for CB as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just reading the match stats, 76% possession, 18 shots on target, 11 shots off target, 10 corners. Moyes has to be one of the most unluckiest managers ever!

Good god! Did you watch the match?

2 midfielders, a left back, a centre back and a right back. that's 5

We'll have Jones, Smalling and Evans for CB as well.

That will cost quite a few quid, if you're talking world class here. Min of 100m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the reason he should be sacked is not simply because you're playing badly and not getting points.

it's the fact he thinks you're playing well. this is how he wants the team to be playing. it's how he wants Mata, Rooney and RVP to be used.

utterly frightening that he can be that inept..

I'm convinced if I'd simply done at teamtalk of..."press the ball. ans front 4, do what you want but keep it on the ground"...Utd would have strolled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    We might need striker if Chico leaves. If Nani were to leave then we might look into another winger.

• Advertisement

No
    duffman13 wrote: »
    Good god! Did you watch the match?

I didnt no. But looking at those stats it looks like the only thing yous are doing wrong is not putting the ball in the onion sack.

That will cost quite a few quid, if you're talking world class here. Min of 100m?

There's talk of a significant sum available for the summer

Not sure it will be Moyes spending it, but United are a business at the end of the day, investment to get back on top will be provided to whoever is the manager

SlickRic wrote: »
    the reason he should be sacked is not simply because you're playing badly and not getting points.

it's the fact he thinks you're playing well. this is how he wants the team to be playing. it's how he wants Mata, Rooney and RVP to be used.

utterly frightening that he can be that inept..

I'm convinced if I'd simply done at teamtalk of..."press the ball. ans front 4, do what you want but keep it on the ground"...Utd would have strolled it.

When United fans ask "Who would be better?" I honestly think they'd do better if the players were left alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    I didnt no. But looking at those stats it looks like the only thing yous are doing wrong is not putting the ball in the onion sack.

It was just cross after cross. Keeper made 2-3 very good saves but it was not really a game you could say we deserved to score 4 or 5 goals either.

It was one of those games you have to watch to get what I mean proper.

No

David?

No
    120-150. I wouldn't object to the replacement of Valencia, Young and Nani either. Preferably with more versatile attacking midfielders for a 4-2-3-1 formation.

We already have Rooney, Kagawa, Mata and Januzaj who could play behind the striker. 1 more player for that role along the lines of Koke would do the trick.

1-2 Defensive midfielders. 1 world class, 1 young prospect.

2 quality center backs. 1 quality left back and someone who can play left or right back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Stats are misleading!

When United fans ask "Who would be better?" I honestly think they'd do better if the players were left alone.

Yeah, if they just decided amongst themselves in the dressing room. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No

Where did you read them?

From Whoscored.com

bc038353bf29c864bcfae8f9cfa3849e.png

Also seen a clip on BBC that had possession at 50/50 :eek:

66d4b4bf2edfd26cd802dca3fee41deb.png

No
    Ok lads I just seen the stats and thought the performance couldnt of been that bad. I hope yous make the top 4, always have respect for your club in that yous go about your business in a classy way and spend what your budget allows you to, unlike the Chelseas and Citys of this world who are practically buying there success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No
    portcrap wrote: »
    Great post. Well done. Hoping your team lose. Don't get how people like this call themselves supporters. Embarrassing really.

Im entitled to my opinion 4th place is gone now moyes is effectively turning a championship winning side into a poor mid table squad and in the process spending 50-60 million on his journey.... feillaini might work out as a good squad player for us but lets be honest he is no roy keane and we paid through the nose for him. Mata is a wonderful signing but with the way our team is setup he is gonna be wasted at united under moyes..

Its almost like moyes is thinking play it safe david it will eventually come good....

And seeing as a champions league spot is all but gone if we lose badly to arsenal moyes is under pressure to go which will be a good thing for manchester united.

Also you dont know me you dont know how i follow united... ill tell you my father followed united his father followed united and his father followed united so the team tracks through my family.... my family followed united at the time of munich they felt the pain and hurt.. they also followed united and went to see george best play who they all agree was united finest player... i seen cantona at his prime... i love manchester united i live and breathe manchester united but you show your intelligence and judge me for one single comment here...

I can deal with the hard times as my family seen with united for years but when a manager is hurting the club ill slate him.... look at what he has at his disposal??? He wouldnt manage to eat two burgers in burger king nevermind manage the best club in the world...

Lads respect...

UNITED.........

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement