Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    Cabaye is not world class, but he is much better than your assessment. Even if he was a squad player, you need squad players like him if you ever hope to compete with your noisy neighbours. Signing Kroos and Vidal won't help you, when your backup midfield is utter dross, which it is.
    I never gave an assessment of Cabaye when you accused me of talking nonsense. I think he's a good player. All I said was I believe United are after better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Cabaye is not world class, but he is much better than your assessment. Even if he was a squad player, you need squad players like him if you ever hope to compete with your noisy neighbours. Signing Kroos and Vidal won't help you, when your backup midfield is utter dross, which it is.

lol. Yes, Carrick and Fellaini are utter dross. Also, £25M for a squad player. No thank you.

No
    Also, is this the same noisy neighbours that have Javi Garcia and Jack Rodwell as backup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    the worry is that Carrick is not getting any younger too.

this midfield needs shake and a half.

also why is Kroos been mentioned? do people think we will get him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

No
    the worry is that Carrick is not getting any younger too.

this midfield needs shake and a half.

also why is Kroos been mentioned? do people think we will get him?

I highly doubt it - if we dont get CL football we'll be going after the likes of Lee Cattermole or Glenn Whelan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

FutureGuy wrote: »
    lol. Yes, Carrick and Fellaini are utter dross. Also, £25M for a squad player. No thank you.

Carrick is a has been. And you spent that sum on Sir Permsalot. Crap squads need serious investment to challenge the big boys. Deal with it.

No
    Well I guess there's someone else not worth bothering with...

No
    kstand wrote: »
    I highly doubt it - if we dont get CL football we'll be going after the likes of Lee Cattermole or Glenn Whelan.

I think we can still get quality in but without CL the likes of Kroos will be non runner even though I think its non runner now.

we need 5 players in summer 2 CM, LB, RB and CB.

Carrick is a has been. And you spent that sum on Sir Permsalot. Crap squads need serious investment to challenge the big boys. Deal with it.

Yeah, I think I'm going to refrain from attempting to engage in intelligent debate with anyone who refers to a Premiership player as Sir Permsalot.

Sir Permsalot. Jesus Christ. I know you're probably still very annoyed by how Sunderland completely took ye apart - perhaps your time might be better spent in the NUFC thread evaluating that result?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Suppose its a blessing to have Fulham next. One of the worse teams in the PL, surely its 3 points in the bag

No
    and we may need striker if Chico leaves.

going to be interesting summer.

No
    Headshot wrote: »
    Suppose its a blessing to have Fulham next. One of the worse teams in the PL, surely its 3 points in the bag

we could be playing Shelbourne at weekend and I be worried.

if we can't beat Fulham though.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    And you spent that sum on Sir Permsalot.

wtf are you on about :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

No
    I worry we will be here after the next window going "No, we don't need to sign anyone cause we will get world class players in the January window"....

We won't be saying that, but Moyes probably will be if he's even still around.

On Cabaye, I do think he'd have been a good signing, exactly what is needed, a centre mid who's a bit mobile.
    However, once PSG were interested it was never gonna happen for football, money and Newcastle preferring to sell abroad reasons.

If we had not signed anybody in January, and kept losing like we are, I'd be wanting Moyes sacked for inaction as much as incompetance.

However with Mata signed, maybe, just maybe he has a plan and will get his own players in the summer, and ship out some under performers.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Anderson said in his press conference for Fiorentina that "lots of players want out of United, especially Nani". Take from that what you will

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »

I think this game is coming at an absolutely perfect time tbh. They've shipped 25 goals in the last 8 games.

What I wouldn't give for a solid 3-0 by playing some football on the ground. We are capable of it.

No
    Anderson said in his press conference for Fiorentina that "lots of players want out of United, especially Nani". Take from that what you will

I think its clear United and Nani are done. As for some others without naming names its a bit pointless exercise to just guess and speculate but I'm sure there are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

No

Is that true?
    It's a pretty dumb thing to say, especially as Anderson is still a United player.

Stil though, if it reduces his chances of coming back it can only be a good thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No

Not surprised at all, performance wise its clear that a lot of the players are simply not behind the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/02/03/anderson-manchester-united-players-want-out_n_4716173.html

Don`t really believe anything you read anyway . I can`t play the video does he say it in that?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

but didn't Nani just sign a new contract? - not as if he had a gun to his head :confused:

Agueroooo wrote: »
    but didn't Nani just sign a new contract? - not as if he had a gun to his head :confused:

Benefited both club and player. He wont go on a free this summer and Nani probably got a bump in his wages. Nani has been injured all seaon so its not like he could be unhappy at being dropped and getting enough game time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think we can still get quality in but without CL the likes of Kroos will be non runner even though I think its non runner now.

we need 5 players in summer 2 CM, LB, RB and CB.

Was interesting to see in Allianz over the weekend, there is two very distinctive halls that contain the current squad pictures on walls. It's where the press go for after match meals and where VIPs walk through.

Thiago was heavily featured along with the other obvious faces. Not one picture of Kroos. I asked the guide about it and she said that was odd, she didn't notice he wasn't on that wall.

I just don't get it, genuinely don't. Even in the club shop there was every jersey to buy with print from the rail, bar about five you had to go over and get specially made, one of which was Kroos.

A rack of ****e t-shirts with the players faces on them, two you had to specially order, Kroos and Badstuber.

Where he sits in the dressing room....

Maybe its that typically fanboism where I feel he's AMAZING and perhaps he is not to the neutral, but thought it was strikingly peculiar that he features little around the place, for someone who so obviously one of their core players

No
    "I'm sure that lots of people want out, especially people like myself and Nani"

That's all he said. Nothing about a load of players saying they wanted to leave.

"I'm sure that lots of people want out, especially people like myself and Nani"

That's all he said. Nothing about a load of players wanting to leave.

"Lots of people want out" who do you think he is talking about? Philip Neville & the coaching staff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

No
    I looked at that Anderson interview and what he said has been taken out of context by the media (if the translator in the video was accurate).

He said:

"I'm sure that lots of players want out, especially people like myself and Nani, who have been in Manchester for seven or eight years. Manchester United is a huge club a club that does everything for its players but sometimes a footballer wants to leave just to experience a different way to play football, to learn something as well."

Now that is a very different context as opposed to how it will be spun.

No
    "Lots of people want out" who do you think he is talking about? Philip Neville & the coaching staff?
    He didn't say "lots of people want out"
    "I'm sure" his opinion or guesswork.
    It would be interesting to know what he was replying to for better context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Benefited both club and player. He wont go on a free this summer and Nani probably got a bump in his wages. Nani has been injured all seaon so its not like he could be unhappy at being dropped and getting enough game time

When he was fit Valencia and Young were clearly preferred to him, even after the demolition at City which Valencia holds a large portion of blame for. I don't have a clue why nobody in the coaching team can see how bad Valencia is and not see how good Kagawa is. The difference in quality is so evident just watching them receive a ball. If a Rooney-Mata-Kagawa behind RVP formation is not at least attempted before Kagawa's turfed out in the Summer I'll be very disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

No
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hold on now.

I've never made excuses for our current midfield. However, I do have faith in a combination of Carrick and Fellaini for the rest of the season and I do think it will significantly improve the central midfield area. I presume that, since you say the midfield is not going to improve, you have written of Fellaini aleady? After a handful of games?

Do you not think that will be very immobile midfield? Neither can exactly be considered pacey.

I'd like to see the combo in action all the same but just worried that both together won't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Have you considered a career in journalism?

• Advertisement

No
    Some people just can't wait to twist the knife in before engaging their brains or even bothering to get the full story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Why do people find it hard to believe that Anderson said exactly what players are feeling?
    Its hardly a shock to me to hear that. I wouldnt be surprised to hear lots of players want out... Rio,evra,nani,rooney,rvp,zaha,kagawa.
    Wouldnt shock me.
    Struggle for 4th isnt very appealing.

Liam O wrote: »
    Have you considered a career in journalism?

He said lots of people like myself & Nani want out. He could be talking about the tea lady or the kit man but i doubt it. There is players there who are unhappy, its the same at every club. If you are a player who is not playing then your not going to be very happy. Zaha was clearly upset at not getting games, i would doubt that Chico is happy and Kagawa wont be estatic about playing a bit part this season.

Is there mutiny at the club? No. has Moyes lost the dressing room? No. but you are going to have unhappy players at a club if they are not playing

No
    He said lots of people like myself & Nani want out. He could be talking about the tea lady or the kit man but i doubt it. There is players there who are unhappy, its the same at every club. If you are a player who is not playing then your not going to be very happy. Zaha was clearly upset at not getting games, i would doubt that Chico is happy and Kagawa wont be estatic about playing a bit part this season.

Is there mutiny at the club? No. has Moyes lost the dressing room? No. but you are going to have unhappy players at a club if they are not playing

Read the quotes below from Anderson. Then read your post above about Kagawa Chico etc. You seem to stray from Andersons opinion to your vague theories between sentence one and the rest :pac:

Nothing wrong with vague theories obviously but try not to confuse them with what Ando said...

"I'm sure that lots of players want out, especially people like myself and Nani, who have been in Manchester for seven or eight years. Manchester United is a huge club a club that does everything for its players but sometimes a footballer wants to leave just to experience a different way to play football, to learn something as well."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nani will be gone in the Summer,Juve are still talking about him.If it leads to us getting the likes of Vidal so be it,it's not as if he's getting his game time here - I doubt he's as injured as we are led to believe.Moyes just prefers workmanlike performances from our wingers instead of unpredictability.Maybe if he kept trying to break the fullbacks ankles with the ball for 90 minutes ala Valencia he'd be playing.

Fletcher,Mata,Januzaj will have to play against Fulham.

Mata,Rooney,Januzaj can all interchange during the game,if they are allowed to.Fletcher will add a bit of nous in midfield and actually move around the pitch unlike Cleverley.As poor as Fulham are,I think they'll cope quite well with the get wide,lump it in football we play.Mata & Januzaj can move the ball with quality centrally or drop out wide when space is needed.

It's odd how Moyes actually had Everton playing some decent incisive football last season but has United playing almost the opposite now,is it fear that is causing this brand of negative play or as I mentioned earlier the fact that certain players simply don't trust him & aren't busting a gut.For all his shouting on the line,how many times have you seen a player respond to him,it's as if he's just ignored.
    IF & I mean IF we manage to get these top drawer signings in the Summer,who's to say they won't look at the coaching style and think "this isn't what I signed up for".Fergie gave him his blessing but I think that's also a curse,was it the fact that Everton had stability for over a decade under Moyes that blinded Fergie's judgement slightly and he ignored the elephant in the room which was the lack of trophies.
    Ferguson came to United with a pedigree of winning stuff and a drive to excel,he simply didn't tolerate "sure that'll do".There are so many others around the world that have the same qualifications we could have gotten,I have always reserved judgement on Moyes but if this trend continues I can't see him lasting to next season,at best he'll make it to Xmas.You wouldn't have seen as many scouts at a jamboree as what we had all over Europe in the months before the January window & we signed just one player and let 2 go who'd surely might have been better served being given some game time here.

Nani will be gone in the Summer,Juve are still talking about him.If it leads to us getting the likes of Vidal so be it,it's not as if he's getting his game time here - I doubt he's as injured as we are led to believe.Moyes just prefers workmanlike performances from our wingers instead of unpredictability.Maybe if he kept trying to break the fullbacks ankles with the ball for 90 minutes ala Valencia he'd be playing.

Mata,Rooney,Januzaj can all interchange during the game,if they are allowed to.Fletcher will add a bit of nous in midfield and actually move around the pitch unlike Cleverley.As poor as Fulham are,I think they'll cope quite well with the get wide,lump it in football we play.Mata & Januzaj can move the ball with quality centrally or drop out wide when space is needed.We need to be more incisive with the ball on the ground.

It's odd how Moyes actually had Everton playing some decent incisive football last season but has United playing almost the opposite now,is it fear that is causing this brand of negative play or as I mentioned earlier the fact that certain players simply don't trust him & aren't busting a gut.For all his shouting on the line,how many times have you seen a player respond to him,it's as if he's just ignored.
    IF & I mean IF we manage to get these top drawer signings in the Summer,who's to say they won't look at the coaching style and think "this isn't what I signed up for".Fergie gave him his blessing but I think that's also a curse,was it the fact that Everton had stability for over a decade under Moyes that blinded Fergie's judgement slightly and he ignored the elephant in the room which was the lack of trophies.
    Ferguson came to United with a pedigree of winning stuff and a drive to excel,he simply didn't tolerate "sure that'll do".There are so many others around the world that have the same qualifications we could have gotten,I have always reserved judgement on Moyes but if this trend continues I can't see him lasting to next season,at best he'll make it to Xmas.You wouldn't have seen as many scouts at a jamboree as what we had all over Europe in the months before the January window & we signed just one player and let 2 go who'd surely might have been better served being given some game time here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    zerks wrote: »

Mata,Rooney,Januzaj can all interchange during the game,if they are allowed to.Fletcher will add a bit of nous in midfield and actually move around the pitch unlike Cleverley.

These last two games have shown that we can't rely on Fletcher as a consistent midfield option. Its clearly a holdover from his condition, but when Moyes is moving Rooney into midfield rather than bring Fletcher on then something is clearly wrong there.

You cannot prepare for Premier league foot ball matches with a midfielder that at any point might not be able to participate.

Take from this what you will:

article-2424247-1BE3F76F000005DC-770_634x399.jpg

These last two games have shown that we can't rely on Fletcher as a consistent midfield option. Its clearly a holdover from his condition, but when Moyes is moving Rooney into midfield rather than bring Fletcher on then something is clearly wrong there.

You cannot prepare for Premier league foot ball matches with a midfielder that at any point might not be able to participate.

We played Saturday with one who didn't participate.He was on the field but as usual did fuck all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I take nothing from that.

Nothing.

I take nothing from that.

You don't get the "no value in the market" vibe from it?

The words eight week panic are laughable,in the Summer we had an 8 hour panic & over paid on Fellaini.The club has had scouts scouring Europe so this 8 week panic thing is bull.Players were there and imo could have been bought.How long does it take to spot quality?
    As I said before,I'll reserve judgement but if we see a hames made of things this Summer then my mind will change and incompetence on the part of the club will be my thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

source for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

No
    The real reason Denver Broncos lost the Superbowl last night

RGDATA! wrote: »
    source for that?

His press conference on youtube & Fiorentina's official website

• Advertisement

No
    His press conference on youtube & Fiorentina's official website

You shouldn't use quotation marks when you are paraphrasing what the speaker has said.

No
    I still Mauricio Pochettino would be a better choice than Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

No
    Danger781 wrote: »
    I still Mauricio Pochettino would be a better choice than Moyes.

I agree and to think we turned down jose

No
    jebus84 wrote: »
    I agree and to think we turned down jose

Jose is quite low on my list of preferred managers. He will bring success no doubt, but the cost of that success is what worries. To be clear I'm not talking financial cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

No
    John NOT Terry @BigJohnTerry
    Follow
    #AskCarrick Did Tom Cleverley win a competition on the back of a box of corn flakes to play with the United team?
    12:19 PM - 3 Feb 2014

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement