Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fulham seem to be taking a lot of joy out of belittling Utd's tactics. If they concentrated on their own failings they mightened be in the mess they're in.

In fairness, they're not belittling us. Burn and Rene are completely right imo.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Ouch! That and Rene yesterday really shows how bad or one dimensional we are.

I don't think I speak out of turn when I say how weird it was to watch.

Utd did fine in the build up play, but when the ball was passed to a player out wide in the final 3rd it was either pumped into the box, or a quick one-two to the byline, and then pump it in.

repeat, repeat, repeat - It was like a training drill for defenders with Utd being the offensive players.

I don't think there is much to be done to turn it around if i am honest, especially when you have players like Mata, Rooney, RVP in the team.

Its that phase of play in the final 3rd that needs addressing.
    Instead of players looking to switch the ball, or aim/hoof for a player standing static in the box, it just needs to be recycled to Mata, kept on the deck with Rooney and RVP playing either left or right of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No
    It's not as if United even have a target man. Rooney, Van Persie, Januzaj, they're all going to come off second best to a big defender like Burn. Fulham couldn't believe their luck yesterday, United played like Stoke under Tony Pulis without the players to pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

No
    When players make errors its the players fault. The manager doesn't tell them to switch off or give it a go if you like. They train and prepare all week, do you honestly believe Moyes is able to predict these errors.

DDG spilling the ball late to Sunderland cost us a cup final. Rio, Evra and Vidic have all cost us points. We have let in four very late costly goals from individual errors.

We had a game against Everton where Welbeck headed over the bar from an open goal.

We have had a fair amount of bad luck but Moyes is not the only person that needs to be looked at.

With Fergie players still made horrendous errors, but the impact of the errors was a whole lot less because the team was scoring a lot more goals and therefore winning more games.

Moyes talks about the Man Utd DNA and that's the way it's always been - make life difficult for ourselves but come out on top through good attacking play.

But with him every error is that much more costly because of the overall cr*p his team is producing.

It's not as if United even have a target man. Rooney, Van Persie, Januzaj, they're all going to come off second best to a big defender like Burn. Fulham couldn't believe their luck yesterday, United played like Stoke under Tony Pulis without the players to pull it off.

As crude as this comment is, it's not far off the mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Think it was Kew yesterday said his uncle was at the match and heard whispers of Moyes getting the boot if we lose to Arsenal, any posters here at the match or friends/family there that might have heard the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

ericzeking wrote: »
    The stuff that floats about my head at times...

Since the universal opinion seems to be that Evra needs immediate replacing, here's a Wild notion....could we convert someone into a left back? How about Cleverley...remember that season Flamini played left back for Arsenal, he was immense and the following year he went on to play exceptionally in the middle of the park to get the move to Milan.

Would playing regularly in a position with less responsibility bring TC23 on? Has the engine to get up and down, can be agressive and can cross a ball....

Mad...I know

IF we had to resort to making someone into a make-shift left back, I'd rather it be Evans, leaving Jones, Smalling Vidic and Rio for the centre. Can't see Evra being dropped though (as much as he needs to be)

I might be wrong, but didn't Cleverly start his career as a full back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

FutureGuy wrote: »
    In fairness, they're not belittling us. Burn and Rene are completely right imo.

How would people react if Utd had of beat them well and Moyes was scoffing at their tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Lads Moyes is probably just upset because Fellaini wasn't fit to play, otherwise he would have scored from some of those crosses! That's the real reason he was bought!

Last night was just depressing. The common saying "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" comes to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Average-Ro wrote: »
    IF we had to resort to making someone into a make-shift left back, I'd rather it be Evans, leaving Jones, Smalling Vidic and Rio for the centre. Can't see Evra being dropped though (as much as he needs to be)

I might be wrong, but didn't Cleverly start his career as a full back?

Kind of rings a bell alright, may even have been a left back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No
    Those who are saying that we had to play it wide all the time because of the 4-6-0 formation Fulham were deploying are completely wrong.

If anything you have to use your superior technical ability in order to play sharp little passes around the center of the pitch in the final third before trying to exploit spaces between defenders. It keeps a team honest and stretches them. You'd find then that if the ball goes wide that there's more space for wingers to cross or run into rather than lump ball after ball into a box of static players.

Fulham knew what we were going to do and must have been laughing after the game. I know I would if I was playing a junior league game against a side that was last years champions who just whipped ball after ball into the box rather than give it to the feet of their three best attacking players.

And there were times that Rooney and Mata were available between 2-3 Fulham defenders but rather than giving it to them, our midfielders are instructed to just pass it out wide at every opportunity. Carrick and Fletcher played more flat passes out wide than a rugby team. If you're trying to knock down a steel door and banging your head against it isn't working, then you need to try using another method or you'll just fall into unconsciousness.

Time to stick a fork in this failed effort. It's done. Problem is that Fergie won't admit defeat on the matter and will no doubt regale the Glaziers with the story of his miraculous comeback from the edges of unemployment to turn things around after a number of years and how Moyes will do the same. Except he won't. And we'll be stuck in a lurch with him for quite some time. Hard work and dedication can only get you so far unless you can match it with ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

As ****e as the tactics are/were- It must be hard for Moyes in so far as there are a group of players in the squad moving on or coming to the end, senior players at that, others threatening to leave etc etc - There is no way these players are giving 100%- this seeps through to the rest of the team, add in injuries and an average midfield... If the club hired him thinking he is the right man, they have to give him time to bring in players, players that want to play for him, and to build his own team. Mata was a good start, a decent CM and CB and being able to get Januzaj on the field at the same time as Mata and you will see a different Utd next season. I guess the question is whether Moyes can, or will, develop a system that will allow Mata, Januzaj, Rooney and Van Persie on the field at the same time seeing as he does like players out wide and getting to the by-line...But he at least has to be given the chance to clear out the dead wood. Guys saying this team walked the league last year and should be good enough this year etc are not taking into account the factors that held other teams back last year and what I pointed out at the start of the post about player commitment- In the modern internet age there is an amount of hyperbole, but utd fans for years were banging on about the 'utd way' and from the rantings of the last month or two from utd fans shows them up for being as fickle as any other club and the utd way seems to be only back slapping rhetoric when things are good...... As a Liverpool fan I never really pop into other team pages, but just wanted to see what was being said in here. Going forward, Utd would be as well off playing youngsters now in the league and staying away from the Europa league next season and putting their all into the CL, tho I don't think they have a hope of winning it. I just look what Rodgers has done with Liverpool this year, with an above average team but a team all singing from the same hymn sheet, and there is no reason Moyes cant have a resurgent season next year. Anyway, I'll milk a few cheap laughs while I can, god knows I have been on the other end for long enough, but football changes quickly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No
    Still think Rooney is a disaster at 10. Did I see somewhere that he passed the ball to van Persie once in 90 minutes of utterly dominant soccer yesterday?

That's laughably awful from your #10.

United have played exclusively badly with Rooney playing at #10 all season, with only Rooney himself actually benefiting from it. The only decent periods of play from United I can remember all season came with Kagawa playing at #10 the odd time, the difference on those occasions was glaring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Forgetting everything else in order to be a 6 year old for a second: It's pretty cool that there were 6 attacking players on the pitch for a while last night in Rooney, RVP, Chicharito, Januzaj, Valencia and Mata. Resulted in two goals, just a shame that the knock on effect of that was conceding one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Think it was Kew yesterday said his uncle was at the match and heard whispers of Moyes getting the boot if we lose to Arsenal, any posters here at the match or friends/family there that might have heard the same?

ONly place I've heard it is on Twitter, and it stems from those rubbish fake Asian/Indonesian football agent accounts.

One such instance was a guy who is a self proclaimed die hard United fan, who has alot of followers from what appear to be his "ITK" from being around Old Trafford alot. he was peddling that if United don't get a result against Arsenal he is gone.
    When I dug a little, found him questioning a "Superduper football agent" who claimed that the United Board are having a meeting with Moyes today, and that if he fails against Arsenal he will be gone. His question being "o wow, didn't hear that, that can't be good for Moyes".

Pulled him up over it and I got labelled a mug and a clown in an overly aggressive way.

Can't see anything reliable from any reliable source, I can see plenty of posts from guys who attend OT frequently, but have been swayed by these rubbish agent accounts. (Two of which DM'd me with thanks saying they didn't realise they were blokes in Asia)

Alot of outlets are going to try get out ahead of this, and if someonething does happen pull the "you heard it here first exclusively" and all that rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

No
    Forgetting everything else in order to be a 6 year old for a second: It's pretty cool that there were 6 attacking players on the pitch for a while last night in Rooney, RVP, Chicharito, Januzaj, Valencia and Mata. Resulted in two goals, just a shame that the knock on effect of that was conceding one.

That only happened because we were desperately chasing the game. Its the only time Moyes tries to change anything.

The thing I hated the most about yesterday was we were 100% reliant on crosses, yet most of the time there was only 1 player in the box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

KH25 wrote: »
    That only happened because we were desperately chasing the game. Its the only time Moyes tries to change anything.

The thing I hated the most about yesterday was we were 100% reliant on crosses, yet most of the time there was only 1 player in the box!

Oh I know why it happened. But as I said, forgetting about everything else it makes the 6 year old inside me go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

No
    I hate to say this but we need to look to Chelsea and start to realize football has moved on. Chelsea got rid of Avb, Scolari, Di Matteo all at the right time before it was too late.

We can't look at a single performance or moment from this season to see that we are making any progress. There's not even a single moment on the pitch were we can say that we can see what Moyes is trying to do.

No
    Oh I know why it happened. But as I said, forgetting about everything else it makes the 6 year old inside me go :D

Its dream stuff alright :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Yes I do, what did he achieve in your opinion exactly? Smoke and mirrors and palsy with the FA. Achieved F all in Italy, his only success was in Scandanavia, and even then he was not liked, he is an arrogant, classless little man. He was completely out of his depth with Liverpool. I am sure he has already wrote a book of excuses for Brazil in the summer.
    His list of excuses are endless, at least Moyes is fronting up, whereas Hodgson always sets his sights low.

I do not see the same with Moyes just yet, give him time and I think he will get it right. Can he make the step up to build a PL winning team, that remains to be seen, but I have no doubt that with investment in the summer, Utd will challenge next season.

Next season. Reminds me of another set of supporters. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No
    keane2097 wrote: »
    Still think Rooney is a disaster at 10. Did I see somewhere that he passed the ball to van Persie once in 90 minutes of utterly dominant soccer yesterday?

That's laughably awful from your #10.

United have played exclusively badly with Rooney playing at #10 all season, with only Rooney himself actually benefiting from it. The only decent periods of play from United I can remember all season came with Kagawa playing at #10 the odd time, the difference on those occasions was glaring.

That would be my opinion too. Football has changed you need someone with a more subtle touch than rooney in that role oscar, coutinho, silva, ozil . Mata/kagawa need to play there or else utd will continue doing what they have been doing for as long as I can remember getting the ball wide. The champions league winning team of tevez, ronaldo, rooney etc being the exception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Warning long read but good from Sky sports website.

Another week and another crisis at Manchester United. The draw at home to Fulham made it four points in their last four Premier League matches - only the three teams currently in the relegation zone have taken fewer. When you consider that those four games actually included fixtures against the current bottom two, that's pretty alarming stuff.
    Sunday was supposed to be the catalyst for improvement. Fulham were the sitting duck, having lost their last three fixtures to Swansea, Southampton and Sheffield United without registering a goal, bottom of the league and with 17 defeats in 24 matches this season. Instead, United found another new way to shoot themselves in the foot and implode into utter mediocrity.

Phelan on United draw

Before the game, David Moyes used his programme notes to bemoan his luck with injuries, referring specifically to the absence of Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney for large periods of the season, but such words should fall on deaf ears. Whilst Rooney and RVP have 34 PL appearances between them, Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge have just three more, and the Liverpool strike pair have started nine matches as a partnership compared to ten for United's front two. City too have been forced to deal with the absence of Sergio Aguero at a time when they need him most. It all feels like empty words.
    In fact, offering excuses for underperformance is becoming the hallmark of Moyes' tenure at Old Trafford, with injuries simply the latest in a long line. Before the season began the fixtures were blamed, with the manager's bizarre "I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag" rant.
    Then Alex Ferguson received the flak. Moyes had been left with a shell of a squad, a car with no engine, a roast dinner with no meat, and other such weak analogies. The defence was ageing, the midfield was aged and the wingers were inconsistent. The only reason that United won the title last season was because their rivals were so poor, we were told, completely ignoring the fact that Manchester City have actually only picked up one point more than at this stage last year, whilst United have 21 fewer. "Fortunately, he's left me a really strong team, which I think gives me a great chance of retaining the title," were Moyes' words last August.

Blame game

Finally came the referees. Speaking after the Capital One Cup semi-final first leg defeat to Sunderland, Manchester United's third consecutive defeat for the first time since 2001, Moyes branded Andre Marriner and his officials "terrible". "We're having to play them as well as the opposition at the moment. We're actually beginning to laugh at them, that's the thing." It landed him an FA charge.
    Well David, here are some home truths. Even accounting for all of your reasons, you're doing a rotten job of managing Manchester United, the Premier League champions. You have been in the job for only eight months and yet have already equalled Manchester United's record number of losses in a Premier League season. Your team, which was good enough to win the title last year, is now nine points off a Champions League place, and nearer to Crystal Palace than Chelsea.

Moyes: We deserved more

The truth is that, on almost every level, Moyes is failing to get the team to perform to the required level. In the broadest terms, the remit of a football manager is to get as many players as possible playing to the height of their potential. The greatest (and that evidently includes Ferguson) take this further, actually making the team greater than the sum of its parts.
    Moyes is a long way from the former, simpler goal. It could be argued that Rooney is the only one performing at a higher level than last season, and even he is far from his peak form. Almost every other player without exception is performing at a lower level than they did even 10 months previously. Rafael may have last month issued the stock quote expected of a player in such a situation ("I don't know why everyone is looking at the manager. It is the players who have to do the job on the pitch"), but this falls on deaf ears. The regression of individual players may be seen as an anomaly, but when 12 or 14 professional footballers suddenly begin to struggle almost en masse, the buck stops with the manager.
    The nagging question is whether Moyes is the man to overhaul the squad and turn things around. Currently, the answer to that looms startlingly clear to all but a loyal band of Moyes supporters, a large proportion of whom are presumably simply refusing to believe that things can get any worse. But worse they are getting. A comfortable defeat against Arsenal on Wednesday and the case for the prosecution is coming close to resting its case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Was out for the game yesturday having dinner , I think there's nothing more that can be said at this point that hasn't all ready been discussed in great detail. It's a horrible time to be a fan right now , I looked around yesturday as Fulham equalised and everyone in the place bar the Man U fans was just laughing , that's what we have become this season a laughing stock to every other fan in the country.

82 crosses , no goals from them. When that stat popped up I thought the computer had gone crazy with mistakes. I have been one to say Moyes needs time etc etc but his tactics just aren't working, I don't think he's the man for Utd. They should have done everything to get Klopp IMO, he fits the bill for a long term successfull manager in the Utd mould.

As was said in an interview before the game, Moyes isn't really a talker , he is way out of his debt and the players are not responding to him. Ferguson would have dropped half of that squadand fielded the youth team if they played like that under him, there would be boots flying , heads torn off and they would respond.

What's the craic with Nani now, is he injured or just off 'enjoying' his new contract?

How would people react if Utd had of beat them well and Moyes was scoffing at their tactics.

Theoretically speaking, had Moyes scoffed at a Fulham side attempting to do nothing but cross balls hoping for any scraps, I'd have called him an arrogant d!ck.

Let's face it, had Fulham decided to to that, then we would have had to ask - what else were Fulham going to do against us? They would have known they were massive underdogs and were going to be played off the park by the likes of Rooney, Mata, RVP etc so they decided to try and get at us from crosses in th ehopes that they just might nick a goal. It would be classed as one dimensional but it might get them a point against a vastly superior side. They would be lauded for it.

But WE were the favourites, WE were the ones with the world class players, WE were the ones with the technical ability. And yet we were the ones that resorted to one-dimensional hoof ball and crosses into two strikers who are better with their feet than their heads. Not to mention the 6'7" defender taking care of most crosses that happened to be actually on target.

So let Fulham have their moment and let us focus on what's wrong at our club - and I don't think we will run out of relevant topics to discuss any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No
    Depressing Monday.

I hope we finish 7th this year. If that doesn't get him the sack I don't know what will.

RVP

---Rooney---Mata--

Young
    Januzaj

Carrick

Buttner--Vidic--Smalling--Rafael

DDG

Thoughts on this for Arsenal? Carrick sitting deep as usual, Young and Jan operating somewhat with width when we have the ball, narrow without, Mata and Rooney through the middle operating just behind an up top RVP.

• A pretty pointless read.
    Why?

Because he is speaking from the heart? At least he sounds determined to keep putting in the effort regardless of mangements instruction.
    He is employed by the club so he's not going to be critical of the tactics publicly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    Next season. Reminds me of another set of supporters. ;)
    Maybe it's because he is part of that other set of supporters???

No
    TheDoc wrote: »
    RVP

Rooney Mata

Young Januzaj

Carrick

Buttner Vidic Smalling Rafael

DDG

**Boards acting the dick and stacking text to the left**

Thoughts on this for Arsenal? Carrick sitting deep as usual, Young and Jan operating somewhat with width when we have the ball, narrow without, Mata and Rooney through the middle operating just behind an up top RVP.

I don't think it would work. Arsenal have a far superior midfield to ours. We'll need to pack it IMO. 4-5-1 or similar I think. Can't see Jan starting either.

I think it will be something like

DDG
    Raf Evans Vidic Evra
    Valencia Carrick Young
    Rooney Mata
    RVP

With Rooney dropping into CM when we are on the defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No
    Mata wrote:
    A million thanks. Have a nice week.
    Hug,
    Juan

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No
    RVP

Rooney Mata

Young Januzaj

Carrick

Buttner Vidic Smalling Rafael

DDG

**Boards acting the dick and stacking text to the left**

None of it matters, our manager doesn't want this. He wants crosses. We'd be murdered with just Carrick in front of the backs.

No
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Why?

Because he is speaking from the heart? At least he sounds determined to keep putting in the effort regardless of mangements instruction.
    He is employed by the club so he's not going to be critical of the tactics publicly.

Because he's hardly going to speak the truth is he? ;(as you said)

I don't think it would work. Arsenal have a far superior midfield to ours. We'll need to pack it IMO. 4-5-1 or similar I think. Can't see Jan starting either.

DDG
    Raf Evans Vidic Evra
    Valencia Carrick Young
    Rooney Mata
    RVP

The only issue I had with it, that Arsenal midfield is umph. Their fullbacks leave a lot to be desired though. I wonder if the crossing plan will get knocked on the head, get our wingers beatings defenders then coming inside. I'd rate Jan as our best possible success against some pretty meh fullbacks. Sagna is always suspect to a lapse, and isn't their other fullback out injured again ( having an absolute brainfart forgetting his name, not Jenkins, other English guy, pretty decent all rounder)

I've no issue with us playing outwide, but would like to see the wingers cut in and setup a low flight ball into RVP, Rooney or Mata, or play neat little 1-2's.

Fascinated to see what he does, 4-5-1 is a possibility alright. But feel it will mean sacrificing someone like Mata.

At this point I'd be happy with a brave formation and personal pick, and just go for it. I know the attacking hasn't been coherent but ****it at this stage might aswell throw caution to the wind.

If Moyes puts out a mouth watering team on paper with formation, plays good football and beats Arsenal, he nearly immediately wins a lot of people back onside.

• Because he's hardly going to speak the truth is he? ;(as you said)
    And jeopardise his 1 month career at Cld Trafford and alienate his squad mates already??

He's clearly trying to give his readers and team members a moral lift so fair play. Negativity from a new player is not going to help the situation any further.

No
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    And jeaperdise his 1 month career at Cld Trafford and alienate his squad mates already??

He's clearly trying to give his readers and team members a moral lift so fair play. Negativity from a new player is not going to help the situation any further.

yeah yeah

But that's exactly why it's pointless. He's essentially making excuses and talking rubbish. Not what the club needs right now. I didn't say that I expect him to be honest, I'm just saying that what he is saying is not worth reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

No

Just as well no other teams will have tall centre backs, such as Arsenal the next day........oh, hang on

• Advertisement

Just as well no other teams will have tall centre backs, such as Arsenal the next day........oh, hang on

It's not the tall one I'm interested in, it's the other one, whose criminally underrated, but still suspect to having a clanger every now and again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

No
    It's not the tall one I'm interested in, it's the other one, whose criminally underrated, but still suspect to having a clanger every now and again

We have been "burned" by tall centre backs in the recent past

• yeah yeah

But that's exactly why it's pointless. He's essentially making excuses and talking rubbish. Not what the club needs right now. I didn't say that I expect him to be honest, I'm just saying that what he is saying is not worth reading.
    In my opinion I don't believe it's pointless and I have already stated why I think so, but I think we can agree to disagree.

yeah yeah

Jesus Christ what do you expect.

The three week old singing slating his new boss and team mates?

Are you new to the world of football?

Come on now, get a grip. The brand new signing isn't going to slate his new team mates, manager or coach.

Leave that to the frustrated players like Chico, who clearly wants to get something of his chest. Dead set for the door come the summer at this stage.

No
    The only issue I had with it, that Arsenal midfield is umph. Their fullbacks leave a lot to be desired though. I wonder if the crossing plan will get knocked on the head, get our wingers beatings defenders then coming inside. I'd rate Jan as our best possible success against some pretty meh fullbacks. Sagna is always suspect to a lapse, and isn't their other fullback out injured again ( having an absolute brainfart forgetting his name, not Jenkins, other English guy, pretty decent all rounder)

I've no issue with us playing outwide, but would like to see the wingers cut in and setup a low flight ball into RVP, Rooney or Mata, or play neat little 1-2's.

Fascinated to see what he does, 4-5-1 is a possibility alright. But feel it will mean sacrificing someone like Mata.

At this point I'd be happy with a brave formation and personal pick, and just go for it. I know the attacking hasn't been coherent but ****it at this stage might aswell throw caution to the wind.

If Moyes puts out a mouth watering team on paper with formation, plays good football and beats Arsenal, he nearly immediately wins a lot of people back onside.

Gibbs? I think he's back. Fairly certain he came on as a sub against Liverpool.

I can't see Moyes dropping Mata, Rooney or RVP to be honest. I just don't know how to really fit in all 3 and combat that Arsenal midfield.

Gibbs? I think he's back. Fairly certain he came on as a sub against Liverpool.

I can't see Moyes dropping Mata, Rooney or RVP to be honest. I just don't know how to really fit in all 3 and combat that Arsenal midfield.

GIBBS that's it, was having a pure brainfart there. I rate him a lot, good player, both defensively and in attack, pity he is so suspect to injury.

Wouldn't be daft to have Janners run at him all day, only back from injury as well might struggle. (If Gibbs even starts)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭bren2001

Jesus Christ what do you expect.

The three week old singing slating his new boss and team mates?

Are you new to the world of football?

Come on now, get a grip. The brand new signing isn't going to slate his new team mates, manager or coach.

Leave that to the frustrated players like Chico, who clearly wants to get something of his chest. Dead set for the door come the summer at this stage.

Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

DDG
    Raf Evans Vidic Evra
    Valencia Carrick Young
    Rooney Mata
    RVP

Arsenal also have a vastly superior midfield to Liverpool, how did that work for them????

Liverpool, have one tactic, Defender to midfield, to forwards, none of this wing ****, they literally get it to couthino (sp) or Gerrard whos acting as a quarter back spraying balls and they get it to the front four as quickly as possible and there front four play the ball on the ground with pace and tear **** up, I don't know why Moyes just doesn't copy liverpool and abandon this wing ****, we'd be 2nd or 3rd in the league by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Anyone think we have a chance against Arsenal? - I might be slightly mad but I think we could turn them over... its just that type of season.

• irishfeen wrote: »
    Anyone think we have a chance against Arsenal? - I might be slightly mad but I think we could turn them over... its just that type of season.
    Arsenal are just as vunerable as us at the moment. I see it played out like a cup final.

No
    Arsenal also have a vastly superior midfield to Liverpool, how did that work for them????

Liverpool, have one tactic, Defender to midfield, to forwards, none of this wing ****, they literally get it to couthino (sp) or Gerrard whos acting as a quarter back spraying balls and they get it to the front four as quickly as possible and there front four play the ball on the ground with pace and tear **** up, I don't know why Moyes just doesn't copy liverpool and abandon this wing ****, we'd be 2nd or 3rd in the league by now.

Point taken. But both have a better midfield than us at least on current form. Liverpool also have the benefit of Suarez being in the form of his life and linking excellently with Sturridge. Id love to see us play with pace but I just can't see it happening on Wednesday. The game plan all season seems to have been to hold possession but it is rarely moved quickly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement