Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No
    Is there a serious candidate to take the Manchester United managers job?

If Moyes was sacked in the Summer who would be the guy?

And don't say he won't be sacked, or Jose should have got it cause that's avoiding the question.

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

No
    GSPfan wrote: »

And don't say he won't be sacked, or Jose should have got it cause that's avoiding the question.

Who?

As I said above, Mauricio Pochettino would be my ideal candidate.

He's a young manager with an average team playing very good football.

Only downside is the lack of experience with top level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

No

Who?

Jose should have got the job, anyway Moyes won't be sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Moyes wont be sacked in the summer so its pointless even speculating about it. Hes in the job long term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pochettino? LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Danger781 wrote: »

He doesn't have an average team at all, they've spent a lot of cash and have quite a few very good players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Liam O wrote: »
    Pochettino? LOL.

As opposed to the loltasic Moyes? But yeh you're right albeit without the lol, If in the massive off chance our long ball king is sacked I would be looking at a very experienced successful manager, nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

No
    Frank DeBoer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    ffs some of ye have the worse standards in managers.

No
    Headshot wrote: »

Who would you pick?

• Advertisement

No
    Headshot wrote: »

I'd be interested to know who you would like? I don't read everyones comments so not sure if you've said in the past.

Realistic prospects of course. Jose and Pep are both out of the question for now.

No
    Klopp could come if Dortmund keep losing players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No
    Nothing more annoying than laughing (or the even cringier "lol"ing) at a suggestion someone has made and then not suggesting an alternative. Just being a dick imo. Seen a stupid amount of it in here lately.

No
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Nothing more annoying than laughing (or the even cringier "lol"ing) at a suggestion someone has made and then not suggesting an alternative. Just being a dick imo. Seen a stupid amount of it in here lately.

Spot on. Lots of Sack Moyes comments but not many solutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I would like Guus Hiddink, although he is quite paly with Roman.

Failing that.....I honestly don't know, could Louis van Gaal be gotten.......for the right cash.

Seems he was on the radar once before.

The Dutch national team failed to qualify for the World Cup Finals, and subsequently Van Gaal stepped down as manager on 31 January 2002 to be replaced by Dick Advocaat. After this, speculation began that Van Gaal would succeed Alex Ferguson at Manchester United once Ferguson claimed he would retire that year. According to Van Gaal, Ferguson decided against retiring and the deal fell through.[7][8] He returned to Barcelona for a short spell, but left the job halfway during the season when Barcelona was just three points away from the relegation zone to be replaced by Radomir Antić.[6][9]

No
    Not sure how anyone can Lol at Pochettino(Southampton players seem to love him and he has developed a certain style) or DeBoer(3 titles in a row in Holland), considering what has happened with Moyes

No

Failing that.....I honestly don't know, could Louis van Gaal be gotten.......for the right cash.

Van Gaal would be my outside choice have to say, or Hitzfeld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

No
    I'd love to see pep manage us at some stage although it will probably never happen, the way he sets out his teams to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Who should we buy if aliens land next week and wanted to pump €1bn into the club? Almost as productive and only slightly less realistic than a new manager arriving in the next 18 months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    bullvine wrote: »
    Who would you pick?

hi-res-185490420-borussia-dortmund-coach-jurgen-klopp-faces-the-media_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=434&q=85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

No

]

I think Hiddink has already been confirmed as taking over the Dutch national job after the World Cup, i.e. replacing Van Gaal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No
    Spot on. Lots of Sack Moyes comments but not many solutions.

I particularly disliked the reaction that guy got when he made a post about who to bring in and who to sell on. He must have spent a decent amount of time thinking actively about solutions to the squad, granted his figures were a bit ambitious, but there was a very snobby response that would put people of posting in here.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

has Moyes been sacked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

And not one of the managers named could turn our season around with the players available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement

Who should we buy if aliens land next week and wanted to pump €1bn into the club? Almost as productive and only slightly less realistic than a new manager arriving in the next 18 months.

That's not true at all, you're basing this on having a successful manager at the club for 26 years, while fergie was here he ultimately surpassed every business target needed to hit and generated wealth for the club beyond what could only have been dreamed of.

With a new manager in charge he will be given time, but you need to remember that while we have an ethos in place at the club that ethos is there because we were successful, there is only so much a club can dwindle before stakeholders and shareholders start to get involved, and believe me ultimately money talks.

United have a huge debt, not as big as it once was but it needs to be paid, the only way of paying this is to sustain success, the success of qualifying for the champions league was paying our debt off, but it was also enabling us to gain massive financial sponsorship deals. When you're not as successful as you once were rivals come in and pick up what you've dropped.

Money talks, and believe me the Glazers will act if they have to foot the bill for Moyes negligence out of their own pocket. To think otherwise is just bad businessman ship

Agueroooo wrote: »
    has Moyes been sacked?

Why come in posting to try and get a rise, I don't report but I'm making exceptions this thread for people trying to derail it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No

bullvine wrote: »
    Not sure how anyone can Lol at Pochettino

The problem with these types of posts is that if the question is asked again in six months people will just suggest whomever the next flavour of the month is. Pochettino is in favour right now based on not very much. If Ole does well with Cardiff then for some reason he will be favourite for the job. Some other young manager will have some small success and then he will be the name people are suggesting as a top top manager.

Flavour of the month managers come and go. AVB for example. Owen Coyle was once the next big thing. Phil Brown was popular for winning promotion. Throwing out names of who could be the next manager is next to useless because usually internet supporters just put forward whoever is currently doing well and that is a horrible way to pick a new manager.

For all Moyes has been rubbish so far, he was infinitely better qualified for the job than somebody like Pochettino.

Why come in posting to try and get a rise, I don't report but I'm making exceptions this thread for people trying to derail it.

lol report?..fire away.

Nah just came in and seen discussions, pics and suggestions for Moyes replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No

I thought it was tongue in cheek at all the talk of replacement managers.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »

Just setting themselves up for failure, whoever is in charge of PR for the club needs to be shot.

Some hilarious tweets, particularly the match fixing scandal.

lol report?..fire away.

Nah just came in and seen discussions, pics and suggestions for Moyes replacement.

Baloney, you're constantly doing it, underhanded comments always looking to stir the pot.
    Your username whilst not even being a Man United support posting on the Man United forum speaks volumes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just setting themselves up for failure, whoever is in charge of PR for the club needs to be shot.

Some hilarious tweets, particularly the match fixing scandal.

In fairness lol'd at a few of them, "If you put your jersey on backwards would it make you pass the ball forwards".

"If you had to choose between having Cleverley as a midfield partner or being stabbed in the leg, how many stabs would you take"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Baloney, you're constantly doing it, underhanded comments always looking to stir the pot.
    Your username whilst not even being a Man United support posting on the Man United forum speaks volumes.

hes also not even a city fan :P

Your username whilst not even being a Man United support posting on the Man United forum speaks volumes for me.

Ahh jeez this crap again...
    you're constantly doing it, underhanded comments always looking to stir the pot.

go for it post some of these upsetting posts you speak of sensei

Here is my posting history to make it easier for you:
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=598933&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=*%3A*&forum=151

If my username upsets you then that is your problem not mine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    Anyone else find the official club website annoying?

Mata's blog this week

http://blogs.grada360.com/juanmata/en/2014/02/03/ocho-dias-muy-intensos/

sReq | uTeK Bored-cute-big-smiley-animated-066.gif

Didnt think so.

next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    My choices of managers would be Conte, Simeone and Klopp. Now they are a proper choice for a manager

Each have amazing C.V for their current respective team and a trophy haul to prove it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Agueroooo, sReq | uTeK, stop it.

• Advertisement

No
    Pallister the latest to come out and support Moyes... God Help Us All!

No
    Liam O wrote: »
    Pochettino? LOL.

Yes. What do you have against him?
    Montroseee wrote: »
    He doesn't have an average team at all, they've spent a lot of cash and have quite a few very good players.

Okay maybe 'average' isn't the right word to use but they've put in some performances above and beyond the level you'd expect from that squad. Well, at least in my opinion anyway.

Good choice but I don't think he'd be willing to leave the Netherlands position. He seems quite happy there.
    The problem with these types of posts is that if the question is asked again in six months people will just suggest whomever the next flavour of the month is. Pochettino is in favour right now based on not very much.

For all Moyes has been rubbish so far, he was infinitely better qualified for the job than somebody like Pochettino.

Fair points, but I think I'll still be mentioning Pochettino in a few months. There's something about him and his style of play that is very appealing. So essentially unless the sheit hits the fan and his career takes a turn for the worst, I'll still be mentioning him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

zerks wrote: »

I must admit, I did laugh at this one :o

#AskCarrick If you had to choose between having Cleverley as a midfield partner or being stabbed in the leg, how many stabs would you take?—

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

Anyone else find the official club website annoying?

Yeah the official website is very annoying, loads of real problems/bugs with it.

And little annoying things too, for example when they do a european blog, they seperate it into multiple pages, and the newest post is on the first page, it`s like reading backwards.

No
    http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/United-Today/United-Today/2014/Feb/Official-blog-manchester-united-today-3-february-to-7-february-2014.aspx?

^ Based on this interview with our very own Ashley Young it's clear Moyes has told him to run to the byline, cross it into the box, and just hope that someone gets on the end of it.
    "On numerous occasions we got to the byline, got the ball in the box, and it just wouldn't go in.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

"On numerous occasions we got to the byline, got the ball in the box, and it just wouldn't go in.."

It would usually be at that point, Ashley, that you try something else. What is it they say about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    has Moyes been sacked?

www.google.com ,knock yourself out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Telling Ashely Young, a winger, to get down the line and cross the ball isn't really a wtf call tbh

Mata obvious wasn't told the same because he drifted inside most of the game but it just leaves no balance in the team when one side is trying to play crosses and the other wants to come in field and make things happen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

No
    It would usually be at that point, Ashley, that you try something else. What is it they say about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

thats the thing, they dont seem to be allowed to do anything different.

every match seems to be predictable micromangement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Telling Ashely Young, a winger, to get down the line and cross the ball isn't really a wtf call tbh

Mata obvious wasn't told the same because he drifted inside most of the game but it just leaves no balance in the team when one side is trying to play crosses and the other wants to come in field and make things happen

Of course it's a wtf call if he's not allowed to do anything other than the thing which hasn't worked all season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement