Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Moyes is on boards and has read Pro Fs post about playing wingers on their natural side to cross the ball in

We know where the blame lies if we lose

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No
    GSPfan wrote: »
    No.

Love you too.

Sure tell us again how if people talked to you a certain way in real life you'd be swinging digs. That was gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

No
    Pro. F wrote: »
    How about you mind your own business for once and stop making an issue about how other people discuss things on a discussion forum? You're a broken fúcking record at this stage.

You get really touchy sometimes. Its almost Valentines day. Want a hug?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How come Januzaj has been dropped so much though since Mata came in? Could he not play instead of Val?

Because he is playing his first season as first team player and needs to be minded, Moyes spoke about playing him more than he should be through necessity and to be fair he was actually right about that.

No
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    You get really touchy sometimes. Its almost Valentines day. Want a hug?

Everybody gets annoyed from time to time. When the same poster constantly moans about other people discussing things in the thread that annoyance is perfectly justified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

So much tension in here and we're not even at kick off yet. I shudder to think what it will be like at ten o'clock.

No
    Everybody gets annoyed from time to time. When the same poster constantly moans about other people discussing things in the thread that annoyance is perfectly justified.

We should all play some sort of online beat em up game or mortal kombat or something, Then when there's a disagreement the two posters have to throw down Mortal Kombat style. First one to preform a fatality is correct. Regardless of what point they were putting forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

No
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    We should all play some sort of online beat em up game or mortal kombat or something, Then when there's a disagreement the two posters have to throw down Mortal Kombat style. First one to preform a fatality is correct. Regardless of what point they were putting forward.

Tekken is far superior to Mortal Kombat

Everton game off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pub update

My United comrades have bailed due to traffic with the weather. In our possy of eight.

Me backing United.
    One Arsenal fan
    Six Liverpool fans

Kew, where you at brother, we need to combine forces!

• Advertisement

No
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    Tekken is far superior to Mortal Kombat

Nah man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No
    Street Fighter 4 AE is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

No
    v9mq.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I don't do the "find my older posts to show how I was right" cause I think it's a bit meh

But I think during my rants of today, I mentioned I wouldnt be shocked to see Tom Cleverly start.

Well.....what do you know...

Could be masterstroke by Moyes, "Go prove them wrong" or could be an backfire.

No
    Nuts102 wrote: »
    Yes it is not my job to fit the players in and i am posting suggestions because it is a forum where people discuss Man United. I care about the club and i am talking about ideas for the team with the players we have now.

You find it funny that fans got excited over Mata and RVP. I find it very strange that any fan would not want world class signings. You and i have no idea if these transfers are the reason we didn't sign players in other areas.

Of course I want world class signings. I have never indicated that I don't want world class signings. That doesn't mean that I will automatically be happy with every world class player that we sign.

Spending £78m plus wages on Kagawa, RvP and Mata is almost certainly not the only reason that we have not bought in other positions of need. But it is ludicrous to suggest that that type of outlay does not adversely affect our ability to sign players in other positions.

I think spending so much money to double and treble up on the same types of world class players was not best for the club. I argued that with many on here who thought that it was . Now, a while later, I see lots of fanciful formations full of compromises and flaws trying to fit in the over abundance of similar attacking players and still containing the flaws in the rest of the team and I say "I told you so".

Your response that it's not your job to make it work is irrelevant. It's not your job to make it work, but you would like to see the club making something work and you argue for what you think would work best all the time when you post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No
    Sure tell us again how if people talked to you a certain way in real life you'd be swinging digs. That was gas.

Stop flirting with me. Go back to Your Airbag. I'm married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Someone get Homer in boards will explode.

No
    Whats more cringe worthy then the bolded part is you thinking you have something to laugh about.

Your actually laughing that the signing of Mata and RVP like you have proven something? You haven't.

You say you knew RVP would score a lot of goals, like thats hard to predict but still say we would be better without him. No we wouldn't.

You said I have a shorterm view of Mata yet your willing to say he can't work the players up front after three games.

You say Rooney and RVP can work well together?

Your all over the place.

RVP has been out injured but has come back in and scored in a line up that included Mata and Rooney. Rooney has been out. Mata has already played the no 10 role. It makes sense to have him so if one of our strikers are out, as they have been plenty we can play him no 10 and Roo or RVP upfront.

Have RVP, Roo, Mata and Jan as an attacking four would work fine with them interchanging once we get quality LB/RB's in. Your view in incredibly shorterm.

People post formation suggestions all the time, with different players rotated. Your trying to make this sound like a problem so you can do your I told you so nonsense. A formation with RVP, roo and Mata is simple.

RVP and Rooney will bag plenty of goals, Mata and Jan will create loads. Your talking complete rubbish.

You are ignoring the detail of every point I have made, repeating the points you made and telling me I talk rubbish. I'm going to leave you to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No
    HOPEFULLY :rolleyes: Moyes has a bit more luck tonight with the things he is doing right. :(

After all that's been said and posted Mata has been very good at tracking back

• Advertisement

No

Samplol size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Don't be silly. You won't know for sure until he's played 300 games for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No
    Samplol size.

That's my line you ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

No
    ferdinand is on now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

No
    I reckon we can nick a goal to win 1-0

No
    I reckon we can nick a goal to win 1-0

Lads are just booting it now, no possession whatsover.

No
    januzaj on for mata

No
    Hasn't the balls to go for the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

playing like a relagation side..

No
    Lads are just booting it now, no possession whatsover.

Yeah looking like we're playing for a draw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Feel Moyes is happy with 0-0.

If we get the draw or nick the win, then tactically he's done well tonight.

If they win, then it will be another tactical disaster for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Utd doing a Fulham on arsenal

No
    He has to go, Arsenal are ****e and he wont go for the jugular, defensive minded, mid table minded, Everton minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Go on Fulham!

• Advertisement

No
    Liverpool losing 2-1 and Moyes going to be happy with a point

No
    that was the chance ****

No
    Utd doing a Fulham on arsenal

Get back under your bridge

No
    Valencia should have been off ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

user2011 wrote: »
    Liverpool losing 2-1 and Moyes going to be happy with a point

Exactly.. United should be desperate to get a win here....

... and ashley young has just hoofed it up the pitch as hard as he could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Outside of struggling for form united are carrying three complete passengers- Cleverly, Valencia and Evra have no business being in a united shirt anymore

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Ignoring form, 0-0 away to Arsenal was a good result.

But jesus, what a ****, negative match...

No
    Ughhhhhh passed it back on the attack, ****ing ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Well, that was dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    What a horrible, horrible game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

No
    He has to go, Arsenal are ****e and he wont go for the jugular, defensive minded, mid table minded, Everton minded.

Yes a draw with Arsenal is shocking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Brutal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭bedrock#1

Ughhhhhh passed it back on the attack, ****ing ****!

Moyes having an absolute canary in the dugout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

No
    Pathetic performance. No attacking intent, especially at the end there. An awful game too. Not much more that can be said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

In fairness to Moyes he was going mad near the end when we started passing back the way.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement