Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

A point at the Emirates is all well in good if you haven't drawn to Fulham and lost to Stoke the games before.

It's ridiculous how bad Valencia, Cleverley and Evra are and they're starting for United in a big game

• WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Pathetic performance. No attacking intent, especially at the end there. An awful game too. Not much more that can be said.
    Eh Arsenal were just as cagey, in fact we had the better chances. A bit more conviction from RVP and we would have won it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Sh1te display again. Some real pathetic performances out there.

De Gea done very well the rest were poor. Rio was solid when he came on. Vidic was good at defending but was awful on the ball. Carrick and Cleverley way to negative. Mata and Valencia were poor. Mata isn't really suited to play on the left anyway as he isn't a winger. Rooney was poor and van Persie didn't offer a whole lot. Evra was terrible again and Smalling was just ok.

Really poor display. We need to be much better and I thought Moyes should of been much braver today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    30 sec left on the clock and Utd not winning. Unusual to see the team pass it around at the back and not try for the win. Draws are f all use if we are serious about chasing after 4th. Might be reasonably good pr to draw away at Arsenal but damn all use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

MOTD will be good later anyway. Can't wait to see Liverpool's 5 goals against Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Eh Arsenal were just as cagey, in fact we had the better chances. A bit more conviction from RVP and we would have won it

You can't blame him really, he gets about two passes per game, he's bound to be a little rusty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Horrible game of football. And Moyes will be delighted with the 'performance'.

Carrick receives the ball 1 metre outside the box, last 30s, nobody within 4 metres of him, rooney and rvp looking for through balls.. he immediately spins and passes it backwards.. should be ashamed of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No
    Awful game. Can't believe how poor Arsenal were. No surprises from Utd.

Won't find out if the "lose to Arsenal and Moyes gets sacked" rumour was true unfortunately. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

No
    Happy with result but performance and tactics bad again. Arsenal genuinely looked like a team that knew they needed a result after the weekend and still United played like they were happy with a draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,472 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

A point at the Emirates is all well in good if you haven't drawn to Fulham and lost to Stoke the games before.

It's ridiculous how bad Valencia, Cleverley and Evra are and they're starting for United in a big game

Cleverly would argue his genius with you, he's a great player in his eyes. All need to leave asap along with young nani and buttner to name but a few.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    Moyes will actually be delighted with that. That's the most depressing thing about tonight's result.

The last 30 seconds was pathetic, when have you ever seen a United team that was actually afraid to attack?

Piss off Moyes and take your dull, mind numbing, soul destroying football with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Shocking attacking display. Moyes really needs to sort out the formations and tactics to use with as much quality players on the pitch as possible. Cleverly was **** as usual. The rooney and van persie attack was the only bright attack of the game. Credit should go to the defence and de gea who really stood deep with the arsenal attack. Hopefully the defence display is more like that but main concern is the attack and as Moyes said you can't win games with just possession, you need the goals, and we only really had 2 chances both with van persie. Anyways, i'm happy with the one point after shocking displays against stoke and fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

No
    nullzero wrote: »
    Cleverly would argue his genius with you, he's a great player in his eyes. All need to leave asap along with young nani and buttner to name but a few.

Include Young in there too, if I can see he is deadweight then surely Moyes can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,472 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Include Young in there too, if I can see he is deadweight then surely Moyes can

I already did

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    yomtea98 wrote: »
    Yes a draw with Arsenal is shocking

They were ****e there for the taking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Red Crow wrote: »
    Sh1te display again. Some real pathetic performances out there.

De Gea done very well the rest were poor. Rio was solid when he came on. Vidic was good at defending but was awful on the ball. Carrick and Cleverley way to negative. Mata and Valencia were poor. Mata isn't really suited to play on the left anyway as he isn't a winger. Rooney was poor and van Persie didn't offer a whole lot. Evra was terrible again and Smalling was just ok.

Really poor display. We need to be much better and I thought Moyes should of been much braver today

Rooney, Mata, Valencia and cameos from Young and Januzaj were the only really bad players. Everyone else did what was needed but when the attackers are playing so crap what can they do extra? Where the holy fúcking fúck is Kagawa? Rooney was so crap today except that one ball for RvP. He'd have been far better out on the wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

nullzero wrote: »

Yeah, Nani's been invisible the last few months out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

No
    Pretty frustrating seeing us passing it backwards while on the break with less than 60 secs on the clock. Carrick, cleverley, and others, need to remember the club they are playing for.

Serious lack of attacking intent, more focused on the competent defending display than winning the game. Extremely poor play with the hoofball tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No
    Going from what Woodward said earlier today everyone at the club have accepted no CL football next year.

The one thing you would look from them is too be trying to push it as far as possible why the Mata/Adnan sub??? should of been Valencia all day long ffs just go for it lose 1-0 no shame you went for it got caught or win it and you would think it would boost the players confidence.

Another forgettable Moyes/United game goes by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

No
    Well, it wasn't as bad as the weekend I suppose. Kept it tight against one of the top teams, Moyes' strength. It was our creativity and general attack that left a lot to be desired.

I thought Cleverley did quite well tonight. Made some good interceptions and wasn't always terrified of running forwards. Even Valencia wasn't offensively bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

No
    Also listening to Michael Owen drone on for 90 mins makes me wanna shoot myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

No
    They were ****e there for the taking

And so were we, so a draw is fair

No
    Kagawa not even on the bench is just so ****ing depressing. Slowly being frozen out as is Nani. Meanwhile Valencia starts yet again and Mata gets hauled off before him.

It will be a great day for the club is Moyes is gone. Please please please be soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    Arsenal were poor. We weren't much better. That's it really.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Awful game. Having said that I thought Cleverley was slightly less poo than usual. I think Carrick has regressed a lot this season. He jogs around the pitch, rarely gets into space in useful areas and never takes the ball up the pitch. Long term I'd like to see Fellaini partnered with an indefatigable, dynamic box-to-box type who can pick a pass and put in a tackle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Liverpool 3-2. Last min peno.

Liam O wrote: »
    Where the holy fúcking fúck is Kagawa?

For his sake, hopefully in Germany organising a move back to Bundesligue. I'll be gutted to see him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

No
    Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah, Nani's been invisible the last few months out there.

:pac: he's been nearly as bad as Ronaldo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

VW 1 wrote: »
    Also listening to Michael Owen drone on for 90 mins makes me wanna shoot myself.

Actually switched off my BT sports to an internet stream. Owen's voice grinds me to no end! Granted I had to listen to Lee Dixon and his long winded stories..but I'd rather that than Micky O.

Boring match, Evra can't be arsed any more, Rafa has lost his bottle, Tom "Xavi" Clevs can go and shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Well that's 4th truly gone, 11 points off

• Advertisement

No
    And so were we, so a draw is fair

Not when we need a win more, we played for the draw, we never do that and now 3-2 pool bye bye champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Posted in the match thread,Carrick sat in so deep he was beside Vidic,Clev was 40 yards away and ended up deep to try to get the ball,a massive gap then to the attacking players.Dunno what kind of formation that became but it was so ineffective.

We ended up like this,

................DDG................

Smalling....Rio....Carrick...Vidic....Evra

.....................Cleverley................

Januzaj..........Rooney...........Young

....................RVP......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Actually switched off my BT sports to an internet stream. Owen's voice grinds me to no end! Granted I had to listen to Lee Dixon and his long winded stories..but I'd rather that than Micky O.

Boring match, Evra can't be arsed any more, Rafa has lost his bottle, Tom "Xavi" Clevs can go and shíte.
    The same Rafa that went full tilt into an aerial challenge against a player about a foot taller than him and won the ball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    Liverpool 3-2. Last min peno.

Up to us to halt their unstoppable march towards the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I just want this season to be over

:(

Late penalty for the other shower topped off the night

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Not going to deny RVP, Rooney were less than great, Januzaj and Mata were mostly anonymous...

...but then we never really looked hugely interested in attacking. Mostly in the second half, we just hoofed it up the field when we got it outside our box. There wasn't much interest from anyone anywhere on the field in terms of setting up attacking situations.

Both Moyes and the team were playing not to lose. They achieved what they set out. It's just a shame it was a small team mentality from a team that NEEDED to at least try and get something.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The last 30 seconds was pathetic, when have you ever seen a United team that was actually afraid to attack?

Possibly when 1 nil up in semi final of Champions Leauge, 1 minute to go, knowing they just need to keep possesion and they're through.

But Carrick turning away from the box in last 30s, when 0-0 against one of your biggest rivals and being 7th in the league??! What the f*ck has Moyes done to the mindset of the players!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Missed the game completely lads - electricity out all day here.... quick summary of the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

11 points to 4th........ if you didn't believe it before, its goodnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No
    As long as that **** is manager of the club things will never change.

Final attack the game and we ****ing held onto it and played it back that says everything.

So so sick of this he has made the club an absolute joke. We have some great players at that club and he's either wasting them or putting them in stupid situation s and tactics.

**** Moyes seriously I've no fate in him and have no respect for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I don't think that was overly terrible, like ok the game itself was dire, but the tactic was relevant sound in logic.

It's Arsenal away, who are title contenders, coming of the back of a 5-1 drubbing. It's good to assume there might have been a backlash. We looked to get them on the break, and defensively we were excellent. Vidic was excellent and definitly put things right after Fulham. Evra was decent going forward, but somewhat lacking in defence with Sagna and Rosicky getting alot of joy. Cleverly was in there to do what I said he might, he broke up alot of play, pressed high at times, and did some good defensive work. Tough in there against three though.

You know it's just a little slice of luck and things could be so different.

RVP sticks away one of his two sitters, and we have snatched a result away from home against title contenders.

I'm sure it will be sensationalist from some quarters that it was terrible, but while the general play was weak from both sides, the tactic seemed to be sound in logic

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Missed the game completely lads - electricity out all day here.... quick summary of the match?

rollingtumbleweed.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Shíte

No

Shoite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not going to deny RVP, Rooney were less than great, Januzaj and Mata were mostly anonymous...

...but then we never really looked hugely interested in attacking. Mostly in the second half, we just hoofed it up the field when we got it outside our box. There wasn't much interest from anyone anywhere on the field in terms of setting up attacking situations.

Both Moyes and the team were playing not to lose. They achieved what they set out. It's just a shame it was a small team mentality from a team that NEEDED to at least try and get something.

The comparison to non-league football wasn't too far off the mark,it was shocking watching us do that.We used to counter attack when in that position,now it's like a pub team just kicking the ball as far up the field as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭bassy

No

Yoda sh1te

No
    Draw is a great result.....yeh......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

rollingtumbleweed.gif
    That bad eh? ... Arsenal totally controlled the game or what? were we hanging on?

Final attack the game and we ****ing held onto it and played it back that says everything.

I can't get over that passage of play... whats the point in hanging on to a draw when desperate for a win and 7th in the league!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No
    Arsenal fans sure do like to boo

Result and performance was meh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement