Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

F*cking ****e, last 30 seconds had the ball and couldn't move it forward. F*ck off to Dubai and give me a break from this torture.

Can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching them.

Oh and the Pool have won :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No
    TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm sure it will be sensationalist from some quarters that it was terrible, but while the general play was weak from both sides, the tactic seemed to be sound in logic

Ah here you can't have it both ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Giruilla wrote: »
    Possibly when 1 nil up in semi final of Champions Leauge, 1 minute to go, knowing they just need to keep possesion and they're through.

But Carrick turning away from the box in last 30s, when 0-0 against one of your biggest rivals and being 7th in the league??! What the f*ck has Moyes done to the mindset of the players!!

Moyes was going mad at the players for that. But yeah surely that's his mindset at play...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    irishfeen wrote: »
    That bad eh? ... Arsenal totally controlled the game or what? were we hanging on?

Both teams had a few chances, and the game might have gone 3-3.

But realistically, both teams seemed utterly content with a 0-0 draw, neither properly pushed on. On our front, we went in looking to not lose and showed Arsenal a tonne more respect than they probably deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Time for a joke

If united win the CL will they qualify for CL next season and deny the team who finishes 4th. Just like Chelsea in 2012

No
    That bad eh? ... Arsenal totally controlled the game or what? were we hanging on?

Draw was a fair result. Arsenal were really poor too. Last three minutes of the game consisted of Arsenal knocking around the back and then when Utd got possession, broke to about 30 yards out and then started playing it backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

But Carrick turning away from the box in last 30s, when 0-0 against one of your biggest rivals and being 7th in the league??! What the f*ck has Moyes done to the mindset of the players!!

You cant blame Moyes for Carrick turning away and not attacking. You could even see he was urging him to go forward.
    Cleverly and Valencia will no doubt be the scapegoats on here again but IMO Carrick was worse than both of them. He was absolute muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

As long as that **** is manager of the club things will never change.

Final attack the game and we ****ing held onto it and played it back that says everything.

So so sick of this he has made the club an absolute joke. We have some great players at that club and he's either wasting them or putting them in stupid situation s and tactics.

**** Moyes seriously I've no fate in him and have no respect for him.

Very clearly showed him roaring out of frustration during that last attack when the boys went backwards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Moyes: Pleased with point, would have liked 3. Did some good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Both teams had a few chances, and the game might have gone 3-3.

But realistically, both teams seemed utterly content with a 0-0 draw, neither properly pushed on. On our front, we went in looking to not lose and showed Arsenal a tonne more respect than they probably deserved.
    I suppose at least we didn't loose...Crystal Palace, West Brom and Liverpool are now must wins - anything less and even 5th place will be under serious threat.

• Advertisement

No
    Very clearly showed him roaring out of frustration during that last attack when the boys went backwards...

Tbh, the 93rd minute was too late for him to be getting angry about our lack of attacking....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Liam O wrote: »
    Moyes was going mad at the players for that.

I didn't see that.. but glad to hear that at least. Still can't believe carrick did that... what was he thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Dirt, muck, and sh1t. I'm taking a break from here for a while. Talking and reading about united makes me angry these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No
    Robson99 wrote: »
    You cant blame Moyes for Carrick turning away and not attacking. You could even see he was urging him to go forward.
    Cleverly and Valencia will no doubt be the scapegoats on here again but IMO Carrick was worse than both of them. He was absolute muck

There is nothing positive about the way that team is set up from back to front it's as if we're battling from start to just maintain what we have.

I honestly can't remember last time I enjoyed watching United play. This ain't Manchester United ffs it's horrible.

What exactly did Carrick do lads?

It has nothing to do with Moyes roaring him forward at that moment.. its about the mindset the team is in under his management to do that in the last minute.

Would never see that under 'throw the kitchen sink at them' Ferguson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No

But who has them playing that way? They didn't pick it up off the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A barber's performance,short back & sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

No
    One chance was it?

Go way Moyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

No
    Eh Moyes was screaming at them to go forward at the end there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

zerks wrote: »

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Anyone who says Cleverley played badly tonight hasn't a clue, he did well contributed a lot breaking up arsenal attacks.

Rooney and as usual Valencia had a poor game, there was one moment when he got free in loads of space down the right wing and guess what he did...crossed the ball straight to the foot of the first arsenal defender, really pathetic.
    Evra also who has truly given up playing for United therefore should be sitting in the stand for the remainder of his time at United, a defensive liability if ever i saw one.

One thing is very clear Moyes has no real imagination when it comes to formations or tactics so we won't be playing a passing game anytime soon. Difficult to see how he can improve his own sub standard tactics. Even with the best players in the world we will struggle to win games under these instructions. It's the tactics of a mediocre team.

From the BBC score updates Mata played very poorly??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

No

He's playing on the left tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    Can people stop posting "go on Fulham" and such posts during games!

Put the mockers on big shhhtyle!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No
    Man Utd at Arsenal used be one of those matches in the season you'd have marked as a big red letter game. Don't want to miss this one. That was two traumatised teams praying to not get beaten.

No

What he did do he did mostly well, just wasn't in the game much.

Still utterly baffling to take him off before Valencia.

It really was a low quality game. Sort of expect that from Utd now but I couldn't believe how much a Arsenal gave the ball away and how toothless they were.

The lack of real conviction from both teams was really poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

What hes good at. Weer on the attack and he gets the ball with no one near him and goes backwards with it. Shocking from a professional footballer on 50 or 60k a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

IvySlayer wrote: »
    He's playing on the left tbf

That's where he has played for a lot of his career.

• As long as that **** is manager of the club things will never change.

Final attack the game and we ****ing held onto it and played it back that says everything.

So so sick of this he has made the club an absolute joke. We have some great players at that club and he's either wasting them or putting them in stupid situation s and tactics.

**** Moyes seriously I've no fate in him and have no respect for him.
    I don't think you were wathcing BT Sports. Moyes was livid at Carrick for not playing it forward, they even zoomed in on his face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    zerks wrote: »

Robbed it and posted it on fb :D Thanks Zerks

Our recent philosophy:

1. Buy world class number 10's; play them on the left wing.
    2. ????
    3. Profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No
    Robbed it and posted it on fb :D Thanks Zerks

Like whore :P

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

That was a game between 2 sides that are not good enough, Arsenal like us will win nothing this season but they will have Champions League football next season.

Now that top 4 is gone and our remaining 12 games are nothing more that playing for pride, how do you want the top 4 to end up?

How id like it:
    Chelsea
    Man City
    Arsenal
    Spurs

How it will:
    Man City
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Arsenal

Anyone who says Cleverley played badly tonight hasn't a clue, he did well contributed a lot breaking up arsenal attacks.

Cleverly played like a journeyman, made a few tackles, showed some encouraging efforts to go forward more than usual. But his positional play and distribution were the same level of awfulness they have been all season. His own players looked at him and choose to hoof the ball on numerous occasions tonight. He's so far from Untied quality its a joke.
    Rooney had a poor game,

Fed of scraps, but was one of the only players trying a leg all game. Set up the best chance of the game with an exquisite ball.

I'm beginning to think Moyes negativity is lowering fans standards as well when they praise Cleverly and have a go at Rooney after a game as awful as that.

No
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I don't think you were wathcing BT Sports. Moyes was livid at Carrick for not playing it forward, they even zoomed in on his face.

It's nice that we can ignore the first 92 minutes and 30 seconds and judge Moyes based on his reactions to the final 30 seconds...

Jaysus it almost sounds as if sitting in a candle lit room depressed off my head was a blessing in disguise :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No
    What hes good at. Weer on the attack and he gets the ball with no one near him and goes backwards with it. Shocking from a professional footballer on 50 or 60k a week

I hate this ****e. We are less than a minute from taking a point off Arsenal away. We've had pretty much one chance in 45 mins of football and all of a sudden we are going to score?? I was delighted we managed to see out a game and not concede. When was the last clean sheet lads? It was more important to not lose that game than anything else. 4 points off Arsenal. Pity we didn't manage that or half that at some of the teams below us.

What an awful sub to bring on Janz, completely anonymous and absolutely terrible when we didn't have the ball. Not the game to bring him on. Especially when the way we were set up meant he wasn't ever going to get the ball in a useful position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Carrick was given a role tonight of protecting the back four in which he done ok. Carrick is a far better footballer than people give him credit for. Against Fulham he was told to play further forward and he scored and pinged passes none of our other midfielders could dream of.

• It's nice that we can ignore the first 92 minutes and 30 seconds and judge Moyes based on his reactions to the final 30 seconds...
    So you saying that Moyes gave Carrick specific directions not to pass it forward in the dying seconds of the match and he just decided to have a seizure for no reason :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

No

He wasn't quite anonymous but his few good moments came when he drifted into the hole off the wing.

But he was stuck out near the wing most of the game. Makes sense....

Moyes is delusional though. Still talking in the past tense.

"If there is one team in history who could finish well (and make CL) it's Manchester United".

Football doesn't work on history under a different manager.

He also reckons "we played well". That's worrying. Again calls into question what he views as playing well. Both teams were muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Unlucky lads.
    Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I am pleased, but I wanted all three points. Arsenal are having a great season, so it is not a bad draw for us.

"The way my luck was going I expected Mesut Ozil to score with a free-kick at the end. I am quite pleased with a lot of things we did.

"Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand were very good. They showed all their experience.

"I do not like talking about luck. But you hope it turns around.

"The last couple of games we have had Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie back. The record with the two of them has been very good.

"We have a lot of catching up to do. We have to win games and keep plugging away."

Unlucky that he's the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No
    Cleverley reminds me alot of Denilson, the Brazilian Arsenal shipped out a couple of seasons ago. Game itself was poor, if there was any lingering hope we'd snatch fourth its gone tonight with Liverpool winning. Summer can't come fast enough. Season over and it's not even mid February yet.

Moyes sounds like a degenerate gambler at this stage talking about luck this and luck that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No
    The way my luck was going I expected Mesut Ozil to score with a free-kick at the end. I am quite pleased with a lot of things we did.

Jaysus that's incredible! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Who's this Luck dude that Moyes keeps goin on about? Is he injured?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No
    Cleverly played like a journeyman, made a few tackles, showed some encouraging efforts to go forward more than usual. But his positional play and distribution were the same level of awfulness they have been all season. His own players looked at him and choose to hoof the ball on numerous occasions tonight. He's so far from Untied quality its a joke.

Fed of scraps, but was one of the only players trying a leg all game. Set up the best chance of the game with an exquisite ball.

I'm beginning to think Moyes negativity is lowering fans standards as well when they praise Cleverly and have a go at Rooney after a game as awful as that.

Cleverly and Carricks positioning tonight was actually very very good. When were the caught out? Worked well without the ball as a duo. Not saying he had a great game, but to say he was poor positionally is incorrect imo.

Rooney wasn't great tonight, he seems to have lost some of his drive, but that could be due to being a bit wrecked. Great ball to RVP but he gave it away a fair few times too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    lordgoat wrote: »
    I hate this ****e. We are less than a minute from taking a point off Arsenal away. We've had pretty much one chance in 45 mins of football and all of a sudden we are going to score?? I was delighted we managed to see out a game and not concede. When was the last clean sheet lads? It was more important to not lose that game than anything else. 4 points off Arsenal. Pity we didn't manage that or half that at some of the teams below us

Disagree to an extent. Would possibly have been the last chance to attack in the game and it would have been just as easy to square it or knock it fwd than to pass it back.

lordgoat wrote: »
    What an awful sub to bring on Janz, completely anonymous and absolutely terrible when we didn't have the ball. Not the game to bring him on. Especially when the way we were set up meant he wasn't ever going to get the ball in a useful position.

Agree. Was not the game or the time for him to be used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No
    Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I am pleased, but I wanted all three points. Arsenal are having a great season, so it is not a bad draw for us.

"The way my luck was going I expected Mesut Ozil to score with a free-kick at the end. I am quite pleased with a lot of things we did.

"Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand were very good. They showed all their experience.

"I do not like talking about luck. But you hope it turns around.

"The last couple of games we have had Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie back. The record with the two of them has been very good.

"We have a lot of catching up to do. We have to win games and keep plugging away."

He really sounds like a man worthy of the job as United manager doesn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

• Advertisement

No
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So you saying that Moyes gave Carrick specific directions not to pass it forward in the dying seconds of the match and he just decided to have a seizure for no reason :confused:

Nice, put words in my mouth :rolleyes:

I think Moyes told the players that they were not to lose the match, and also that they were not to do anything that would risk giving Arsenal a way back in. For the majority of the second half, Moyes seemed content with our lack of pushing forward. Our main attacking outlet was to hoof the ball up from our box and see if our players got on the end of it.

So after instructing the players to play that way for the previous half hour...he's shocked when they continue to play that way for the final 30 seconds?

Moyes played for the draw. 30 seconds from the end isn't the time to start throwing a strop about settling for the draw. If he wanted that goal so badly, why wasn't he getting that angry far, far earlier in the game, and sorting out our tactics to be more aggressive?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement