Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

lordgoat wrote: »
    I think this is huge!! When's the last clean sheet? Been far too few of them.

End of the day, 4 points from Arsenal over a season is better than decent.

I agree a clean sheet was must. I just think we should expect more from a midfielder with Carricks experience than to see him turning back with 30 seconds left when we had a chance to launch another attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

No
    Absolutely pathetic, the manager of this club constantly blaming these results on "luck" nowadays. What a joke. Get him out for God sake. He's almost as outdated as Trapattoni!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    The luck of the irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Absolutely pathetic, the manager of this club constantly blaming these results on "luck" nowadays. What a joke. Get him out for God sake. He's almost as outdated as Trapattoni!

At least Trap showed some bit of fight and passion.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No
    Robson99 wrote: »
    Vidic is a center half and a very good one. Carrick is supposed to be a midfield player who creates things but he is a very average one

Well thanks to his lack of imagination he didn't lose the ball in the last minute of the game and cost us a goal. Pity that very good centre half didn't do the same a few days ago.

Not losing this game was more important than winning it. Moyes needs to pick his battles to get 3 points. Away to Arsenal should be well down the list after this season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    Get innnnnnnn Stevie :)

Wrong f ucking thread boy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

No
    Hopefully the ten day break will give Moyes and the team a chance to regroup and reassess what they're trying to do.

Or at least give all of us the chance disconnect from it all for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No
    TheDoc wrote: »
    I don't think that was overly terrible, like ok the game itself was dire, but the tactic was relevant sound in logic.

It's Arsenal away, who are title contenders, coming of the back of a 5-1 drubbing. It's good to assume there might have been a backlash. We looked to get them on the break, and defensively we were excellent. Vidic was excellent and definitly put things right after Fulham. Evra was decent going forward, but somewhat lacking in defence with Sagna and Rosicky getting alot of joy. Cleverly was in there to do what I said he might, he broke up alot of play, pressed high at times, and did some good defensive work. Tough in there against three though.

You know it's just a little slice of luck and things could be so different.

RVP sticks away one of his two sitters, and we have snatched a result away from home against title contenders.

I'm sure it will be sensationalist from some quarters that it was terrible, but while the general play was weak from both sides, the tactic seemed to be sound in logic

It's no wonder you are happy to give Moyes time when you act as if United are a mid-table quality team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The fight for 4th has been over since the Stoke game.

2 points from possible 9.

The worst part is actually that there has been no fight for 4th

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not losing this game was more important than winning it. Moyes needs to pick his battles to get 3 points. Away to Arsenal should be well down the list after this season so far.

Moyes doesn't have the luxury of picking his battles. We simply can't afford to play for draws.

I'd rather we try to win and lose, than play turgid football in an effort to get a draw.

• lordgoat wrote: »
    Well thanks to his lack of imagination he didn't lose the ball in the last minute of the game and cost us a goal. Pity that very good centre half didn't do the same a few days ago.

Spot on

• Pro. F wrote: »
    It's no wonder you are happy to give Moyes time when you act as if United are a mid-table quality team.
    Man utd V Arsenal

That was the fixture.

Regardless of Fergie in charge or Steve Staunton that's a decent result.

No
    Moyes doesn't have the luxury of picking his battles. We simply can't afford to play for draws.

I'd rather we try to win and lose, than play turgid football in an effort to get a draw.

You need to build confidence to be able to go for games. Had we lost tonight imagine how low the team would be? It was simply not worth risking anything that late on in the game. There were other subs he could have made to change it. Are you saying wouldn't take a craw at City/Liverpool right now?

This isn't the same team we are used to seeing. This is a much poorer version. In previous seasons i'd have been screaming for us to attack and i think the team would have but this year the belief is not there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

David Moyes has now won none of 49 PL away games at the 'Big Four' (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool & Man Utd) (W0 D19 L30)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

No
    At least Trap showed some bit of fight and passion.
    Indeed, Trap's biggest strength was his stubbornness and his unerring belief that his way was the best. Could also be argued that it was his biggest weakness. Moyes just looks lost, a goldfish in the Atlantic. His tactics are ridiculous and archaic and I don't think Everton ever played this badly under him. Has to go imo, he's had enough chances. Blaming luck is dire stuff.

• Advertisement

No
    zerks wrote: »
    David Moyes has now won none of 49 PL away games at the 'Big Four' (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool & Man Utd) (W0 D19 L30)

I think he's beaten Utd a few times away this season, and at OT now that i think of it...

No
    A lose or draw was pretty much same thing tonight.

We were set up not to lose when we should have been set up to try win the match.

If Moyes had balls he do decnt thing and walk. But he wont.

Woodward, Fergie, Gill whoever the hell is in charge need to just say enough is enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I think this is huge!! When's the last clean sheet? Been far too few of them.

End of the day, 4 points from Arsenal over a season is better than decent.

That just seems like you're grasping for positives tbh.
    On paper the 4 points is decent but having watched tonights game it was obvious Arsenal were there for the taking, but a combination of poor performances from players and tactical decisions from the manager that would make most scratch their head cost United any chance of a win.
    Evra, Valencia and Cleverly are awful week in week out now and need to be dropped.

No
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Man utd V Arsenal

That was the fixture.

In the context of where we are at currently it's a pointless result. Whatever outside chance for 4th got more distant. In terms of consolidating 7th however, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No
    Man utd V Arsenal

That was the fixture.

Please don't waste my time by engaging me with a stupid argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

And if Carrick didnt turn his arse to Adams free kick we might have got 3 points against Stoke

We had a chance to launch the last attack of the game and he chickened out of itIf he hasnt the guts to try and pick a pass to a team mate in front of him at that stage he shouldnt be playing simple as. Then again we all know that we need two middle of the park players as what we have isnt near good enough

Normally I'd be happy enough with a point at Arsenal but they were low on confidence and had we showed a bit of cohesive attacking play we'd have beaten them,Moyes set us up not to lose but couldn't see that the game was there to be won.Tactics never changed to adapt,that is the problem,too rigid in his thinking.

United have amassed 65 more points than Liverpool over the last two season.
    United have amassed 37 more points than Spurs over the last two seasons.

United are currently 11 points behind Liverpool
    8 points behind Spurs.

Same squad with the addition of a great young talent and now a £37.5 million playmaker.That's depressing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

If Moyes had balls he do decnt thing and walk. But he wont.
    Would you walk away from a six year contract? Anyway forgetting about the money for a second, surely it requires a bigger set of balls to stay and try your best to turn things around.

• jaykay74 wrote: »
    In the context of where we are at currently it's a pointless result. Whatever outside chance for 4th got more distant. In terms of consolidating 7th however, job done.
    4th was gone when Pool hammered Arsenal..nothing to state that there form was going to drastically dip and nothing to state that we were going to win our remaining 13 games. Lets be realistic here.

No
    Im confident we will finish in Top 9.

Cant see Swansea catching us now for tenth. 14 points ahead of them. Think they needed to win tonight.

Phew!!

• Pro. F wrote: »
    Please don't waste my time by engaging me with a stupid argument.

OK lets forget about the history of both clubs as if it never happened. Insult me instead. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Same squad with the addition of a great young talent and now a £37.5 million playmaker.That's depressing stuff.

The shocking thing is that its becoming clear that 37.5 million player wasn't bought to be a playmaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

De Gea made two brilliant saves tonight, we are very lucky to have him.

He will be the best Goalkeeper in the world in 3-5 years.

Cant see Swansea catching us now for tenth. 14 points ahead of them. Think they needed to win tonight.

Phew!!

At least Spurs hammering Newcastle will shut Pardew up with his talk of catching United.It pains me to think those things,worrying about the likes of Newcastle overtaking us.:(

No
    4th was gone when Pool hammered Arsenal..nothing to state that there form was going to drastically dip and nothing to state that we were going to win our remaining 13 games. Lets be realistic here.

So don't even go for it then I guess. Fair enough. Play out a draw. Job well done

• Advertisement

• jaykay74 wrote: »
    So don't even go for it then I guess. Fair enough. Play out a draw. Job well done
    Not saying we shouldn't just looking at Moyes and his mindset that's all dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No
    Wouldn't mind being set up not to be beat for 50/60mins but too be still set up like that come 90 mins just plain wrong imo.

Liverpool were drawing/losing I think when our game was 70/75mins he swaps Mata for Adnan. Did Moyes not realize this and if he didn't why not. Giving up with whimper is not the United way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No

Phew!!

Whats worse is that expectations now are so low that finishing top 4 next year is going to be our aim. It will be hailed as a success if we get 4th.

Irish94 wrote: »
    De Gea made two brilliant saves tonight, we are very lucky to have him.

I agree, De Gea was by far the only positive to come out from tonight. His second save where he held on while two Arsenal players were charging in showed real confidence.

• zerks wrote: »
    At least Spurs hammering Newcastle will shut Pardew up with his talk of catching United.It pains me to think those things,worrying about the likes of Newcastle overtaking us.:(
    Think he was looking at Utd and thought because we are vulnerable that he could come out with that Cocky statement.
    Up his hole :P

No
    OllieHolt22: When is a draw at Arsenal a bad result? When you're 11 points off 4th place

Heat maps here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/matchzone/index.html#s2013-c8-m695151

Look at Rooney & RVP's positioning,no wonder they rarely linked up playing so far apart.

Valencia's is shocking,a winger who spends so much time in the same place he'd burn a hole in the pitch.

Valencia's heat map :eek:!! Surely he's the least creative winger to ever play for united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

After tonight I think we'll end up 6th. Normally a draw away to Arsenal would be a good result but we really needed a win tonight and the team just wasn't set up to go for it. It was a terrible game and we were so poor going forward. I don't know why Mata is playing on the wing. If Moyes wants width then just play Januzaj or Young. Rooney and RVP just aren't linking that well and a centre midfield of Carrick and Cleverly just isn't good enough and will hardly strike fear into the opposition.

OK we kept a clean sheet but it felt like watching Ireland under Trap tonight. So boring, so average

No
    I would pay 1000 quid for Moyes to be gone in the morning.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No
    Yikes! Can only imagine how difficult that interview is to take. I'd be fuming if I was in your shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

GSPfan wrote: »
    Whats worse is that expectations now are so low that finishing top 4 next year is going to be our aim. It will be hailed as a success if we get 4th.

No it won't. That's ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

4th place was gone ages ago. I've been saying it for a while but we've no right to be included in the discussion for some time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    I would pay 1000 quid for Moyes to be gone in the morning.

Can we do a whip round? I can donate a few quid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    Still the fight for fourth is hardly over is it?

Only if its Arsenal you are talking about.
    Not losing this game was more important than winning it.
    It was simply not worth risking anything that late on in the game.

**** me, has Moyes scared mentality started leaking out of the dressing room and into the fans now as well?

In case you hadn't noticed we are floundering back in 7th place. What exactly do we have to lose anymore that means we shouldn't just go out and try to win a goddamn football match!

• Advertisement

No
    "The way my luck is going I was expecting them to score from a free kick they got" Dvid Moyes.

What type of stupid comment is this? Its not luck, its because we have set up so they can attack us.

No clue what he is talking about, none.

No
    Can we do a whip round? I can donate a few quid...

No problem:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

No
    "The way my luck is going I was expecting them to score from a free kick they got" Dvid Moyes.

What type of stupid comment is this? Its not luck, its because we have set up so they can attack us.

No clue what he is talking about, none.

True, he should stop talking about his bad luck.

You could be unlucky in a particular game, but he's mistaken to think every game is just bad luck against him.

League position doesn't lie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I assume that interviewer is a Utd fan.

pathetic questioning.

Arsenal fan, pissed off at Wenger for fearing yous tbh. If ever there was a time to have a go at yous. At the same time, could not believe how United were set up in the second half (missed the first). What's the point of that front 3 in that formation with those tactics?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement