Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Danger781 wrote: »
    That's not cool.

Absolutely classless. No need to ridicule the man when he is struggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    And yet there are still people that say "moyes deserves time"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Moyes doesn't deserve time because City have a banner up about him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

No
    n32 wrote: »

well, it is sorta deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

And yet there are still people that say "moyes deserves time"
    Don't panic. I'm sure he'll be sacked in the morning once the Board see rival fans laughing at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    Moyes doesn't deserve time because City have a banner up about him?

No, because of all the other reasons that I have given for the past 6 months. But there are some that will feel sorry for him cause his mug is used in that fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

No
    ician wrote: »
    well, it is sorta deserved.

How is it any way deserved? Making a mockery of the man is completely out-of-line.

I'm all for a joke at our expense, but that's classless..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

No
    J. Marston wrote: »
    BflKKVACAAAsDOg.jpg:large

Guess we're officially a laughing stock.

I doubt the city fans are feelin too good right now either. Despite the scoreline, they were well beaten in their own back yard by Chelsea tonight.

Let's hope for a convincing performance against Fulham. We can't change how badly we've played so far but it's not beyond the realms of possibility for us to start improving some bit. We can't really play much worse than we have been.

Worst case scenario we might get some individual brilliance from RVP, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj to nick us a few points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

No, because of all the other reasons that I have given for the past 6 months. But there are some that will feel sorry for him cause his mug is used in that fashion.

Get a life people, united had their own disparaging banners up over the last few years about other teams, bite down hard and take it like a beatch :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Get a life people, united had their own disparaging banners up over the last few years about other teams, bite down hard and take it like a beatch :cool:

give an example ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Quandary wrote: »
    Best case scenario we might get some individual brilliance from RVP, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj to nick us a few points.

FYP :pac:

I don't even want to think about what the worst case scenario is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

How is it any way deserved? Making a mockery of the man is completely out-of-line.

I'm all for a joke at our expense, but that's classless..

Ah, come on now. It may seem churlish, but it's hardly out of line.
    Plenty of United fans (myself included) took the piss out of rival managers during bad spells eg Benitez, Mancini, Hughes, Hodgson.
    There's no point trying to claim the moral high-ground here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    No, he didn't.

First of all, he said the players who have been there 7 or 8 years may want a change of scenery. It was a sensationalist headline, but I doubt you even read the headline as your post was twice as sensationalist as said headline, so I really don't know what you were at with that post.

Oh for god's sake lighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Nobody here is putting the blame solely on the weather. However there is absolutely nobody out there that can tell me it didn't have a negative effect on the game as a whole.

Never said it didn't have an effect on the game.I mentioned how United beat Stoke in similar conditions in early December so putting it forward as an excuse doesn't wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Manchester-United-fans-di-001.jpg

Moaning about other fans putting up banners, Jesus Christ. It's part of football and City's banner is tame enough.

• Advertisement

No
    Manchester-United-fans-di-001.jpg

Moaning about other fans putting up banners, Jesus Christ. It's part of football and City's banner is tame enough.

I don't see how that's a direct insult to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

I don't see how that's a direct insult to anyone.
    It's still an insult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No

As opposed to? :confused:

No
    It's still an insult.

It's banter between clubs. Same with 90% of the banners around the stadium.

Making a mockery of a man can hardly be considered banter.

No
    It's banter between clubs. Same with 90% of the banners around the stadium.

Making a mockery of a man can hardly be considered banter.

It won't be there for long, like how long do you think it'll take the man too win a few titles?

• Advertisement

user2011 wrote: »
    As opposed to? :confused:

I dont see what your confused about!

No
    I dont see what your confused about!

Well the City fans are hardly going to try take piss when he is winning and doing well?

No
    It won't be there for long, like how long do you think it'll take the man too win a few titles?

If he continues with these tactics, I don't see him winning much for the remainder of his career.

The squad, the staff, the tactics, the attitude, all need to change if we want to compete next season.

No
    If he continues with these tactics, I don't see him winning much for the remainder of his career.

The squad, the staff, the tactics, the attitude, all need to change if we want to compete next season.

Exactly, football genius we have on our hands.

Well the City fans are hardly going to try take piss when he is winning and doing well?
    Completely missed my point . Off u go and join the kick a man while he s down brigade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

That's nothing, thousands of United fans at Old Trafford regularly sing Wenger pedophile chants.

Think Ferguson even pleaded with fans to stop.

No
    Completely missed my point . Off u go and join the kick a man while he s down brigade

It's rival fans what do you expect from them? Wear "we support Moyes" T-shirts and stuff.

That's nothing, thousands of United fans at Old Trafford regularly sing Wenger pedophile chants.

Think Ferguson even pleaded with fans to stop.

Did i justify the wenger chants?

It's rival fans what do you expect from them? Wear "we support Moyes" T-shirts and stuff.

Most opposition fans do :P

Did i justify the wenger chants?

Never said you did just pointing out United fans did much worse.

• Advertisement

No
    Most opposition fans do :P

Classless and so not cool

:p

Never said you did just pointing out United fans did much worse.

What im saying is that fans take it way too far trying to humiliate managers who are generally decent men who are in a severely pressurised job. They are under way more stress than players and dont deserve to be made fools of.

What im saying is that fans take it way too far trying to humiliate managers who are generally decent men who are in a severely pressurised job. They are under way more stress than players and dont deserve to be made fools of.

Were you on here outraged when Wenger was being called a pedophile by United fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

The away fans were singing fcuk off Mourinho a few weeks back at Stamford Bridge.Don't recall anyone getting wound up over that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

n32, you need to man the **** up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mr Alan wrote: »

Sexist

No

You know not all manager are shrinking violets right?

Moyes would over heard and seen a lot worse when he was Everton manager and panicking the fans the couple of times he had them down around the relegation places.

Mr Alan wrote: »

Dont think i do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

No
    Saw this on Redcafe, I couldn't help but laugh

BfliM4vCcAEy-Ul.jpg

• Advertisement

No
    Tom Thorpe returns to Manchester United after injury on Birmingham debut

tom-thorpe-manchester-united_3002210.jpg?20130912164826

Birmingham's on-loan defender Tom Thorpe has returned to parent club Manchester United for treatment after sustaining ankle ligament damage on his debut.

Thorpe arrived at St Andrew's on transfer deadline day on a deal until the end of the season and duly made his bow in Saturday's home clash against Derby.

However, the centre-back lasted just 15 minutes of the 3-3 draw before leaving the field on a stretcher, adding to Blues' defensive woes following the loan recalls of Kyle Bartley and Dan Burn.

It remains to be seen how long Thorpe, 21, will remain on the sidelines, although City will be kept updated on his progress.

Manager Lee Clark told the club's official website: "We're devastated for him.

"He's a terrific kid and we were absolutely delighted to get someone of his quality. Manchester United rate him so highly and he's been a brilliant lad."

Gotta feel for him having just joined the club. Poor lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    I see the U21's won 1 nil tonight,for those that watch them regularly,who would you say is ready to step up to the first team squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

No
    Massive weekend ahead.

Liverpool play arsenal and Everton play spurs.

I'm hoping arsenal win and Everton spurs draw. All utd have to do then is win:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

No
    Anderson just posted this on Instagram

Bflm7nTIcAAEO2A.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I see the U21's won 1 nil tonight,for those that watch them regularly,who would you say is ready to step up to the first team squad?

I watch them a bit and imo there isn't anyone standing out who is ready,anyone who is closer to a step up is out on loan.
    Good players but no one ready yet but I would have said the same this time last year about Adnan.

No

I like Klopp :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Andreas Pereira looks like a great prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Watching Hazard play this season is painful for a UTD fan. He is really good. It pains me to know he rejected us over Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Watching Hazard play this season is painful for a UTD fan. He is really good. It pains me to know he rejected us over Chelsea.

Fergie opted for Bebe over Hazard...

http://thebusbyway.com/2013/10/24/sir-alex-admits-error-in-judgement-saw-united-miss-out-on-hazard/

http://redmancunian.com/2013/07/18/what-united-fans-can-learn-from-the-failed-transfers-of-lucas-and-hazard/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I was referring to 2012 when UTD, Chelsea and City were all in for him and he had his pick of the clubs. Saying that your point still stands.

Fergie made some bizarre signings towards the end of his time at the helm. Bebe, Buttner, Young and Val replacing CR7. He also stayed inactive at times. Giggs and Scholes not getting replaced.

Nothing will take away from what he achieved but he could have made the team much much stronger over the past 3-4 years, yes we won trophies in those years but we played poor football and were given more than one lesson in Europe.

Moyes is dealing with the hangover and not dealing very well. Moyes may have had too much faith in the squad and UTDs reliance of width coming into the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    Young and Valencia weren't bizarre. Ones been below par consistently and the other had two decent spells of form, was a beast at times.

Buttner, meh squad backup fullback...Ritchie De laet style

Bebe, once off freaky thing!!! :-)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement