Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No
    Username
    Pro. F
    The_Kew_Tour
    kryogen
    Paul Tergat
    Will I Amnt
    Mitch Connor
    keps
    Art Deko
    Mikeyt086
    dirtyghettokid
    kerry4sam
    Four from the photography forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    You're easily distracted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    You're easily distracted...
    You're f**king miserable.

No
    That should get ya a few likes from the usual suspects anyway.

(And also, I'm far from miserable, I'm a hoot. I was just having some fun by saying that. People need to stop hating on people because they disagree with their opinions")

No
    That should get ya a few likes from the usual suspects anyway.
    Why do you bother?

No
    Why do you bother?

Why do I bother with what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

adox wrote: »
    Four from the photography forum!

I love your three failed attempts at trying to save your Love Match results as a picture and then the old 'Google how to take a screenshot'...:pac:

EDIT: See you did a sneaky ninja edit ha!

No
    Why do I bother with what?
    This thread. Seems everything in it annoys you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Sadly, your right. While they may sack managers too quickly, you can bet your house they wouldn't have let a manager under-preform to the level Moyes has. In fact, I struggle to think of many of the bigger teams in Europe who'd be happy to let him keep taking us down the path he is right now...

I bet a lot of people don't realise Newcastle Utd, yes Newcastle, finished above Chelsea in the league 2 years ago. This is man utd we are talking about, have dominated the premier league era, have been one of the most fearsome teams in Europe. I guarantee Man Utd will be challenging for the title next season. And for people throwing around names like Michael Laudrup and I seen here before the Southampton manager to manage Man utd well... I don't know what to think!!

• Advertisement

No

Not at all. I'm not easily annoyed tbh.

No I dont believe you. The next exciting event at Manchester Utd will be when Moyes is gone.

were you not excited when moyes signed Mata??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

It can be lonely under the bridge I'm sure, especially on a day like today.

No
    Not at all. I'm not easily annoyed tbh.
    Cool, just don't expect everybody to be in the same form as you. Nothing wrong with a lighthearted distraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Boys from this thread creeping into my list for the first time, although mainly because the airsoft forum died a horrible, horrible death. I havn't "liked" a post around that forum in years, and havnt posted in there in about 2. Guess it goes to show how active it was :O

Username
    gerrowadat
    Blay
    MerryDespot
    Puding
    Lemming
    moggser
    ericzeking
    Bombleswizzum
    The_Kew_Tour
    J.D.R
    Mikeyt086

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,508 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Was a sports function last night with Brian Cody, Jack O'Shea, Sean O'Brien and Brian Kerr as the special guests, and Kerr told the room a story about getting Keane back to play for Ireland.

I think he said they were playing France away in a qualifier and in the training session before they travelled to Paris he organised a Dubs v Culchies five a side. Robbie Keane, Duffer, Richard Dunne and a couple of others versus Roy, Gary Doherty, Kevin Kilbane, Clinton Morrison.....the Dubs destroyed them but Kerr said that he could see a vein growing in Roy's neck each passing minute. His assistant manager called a halt with the game at 5-0.

Anyway, they flew into Paris for the match preparations and just as Kerr was picking two teams for another five-a-side, Keane walks up to him, fit to amend the wrongs, and says "Same teams as yesterday". Kerr responded with "ah no, we want some lads fit for tomorrow" :D

My god, I united miss that man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

No
    ShamoBuc
    Daemos
    Mars Bar
    KERSPLAT!
    GavRedKing
    Cass
    brummytom
    Nuri Sahin
    Grid.
    Le Requin
    baz2009

Looks like I haven't made it onto anyones list

1069.gif

No
    Cool, just don't expect everybody to be in the same form as you. Nothing wrong with a lighthearted distraction.

Not at all. But look at Sherlock Watson above there, who seems to love following me around this thread with abuse, just because he doesn't agree with my opinions. It's a bit sad tbh.

Anyway I did that valentine's test and the results weren't very favourable. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    bangkok wrote: »
    I guarantee Man Utd will be challenging for the title next season.

Oh dear. Theres some famous last words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

No
    Oh dear. Theres some famous last words.

Where on earth is he getting the optimism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No
    As I said, lordgoat by a mile - luv ya big guy.

293977.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Not at all. But look at Sherlock Watson above there, who seems to love following me around this thread with abuse, just because he doesn't agree with my opinions. It's a bit sad tbh.

Anyway I did that valentine's test and the results weren't very favourable. :-)

Ha you're extremely self absorbed if you think I'm following you.

You happen to post a lot of moronic shít in a thread I read a lot, if I was following you, I'd be posting in other threads, duh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No
    I ****ing despise Brian Kerr. You paid money to listen to him?

some unreal negativity in this forum about Man Utd. 1 season in what 20 seasons that united have been below average. United fans have been spoilt over the years. lot of people here throwing their toys out of the pram. BELIEVE. I would love nothing more than Liverpool to finish 4th in the league and Man Utd to win the champions league scoring a last minute winner against Bayern Munich in the final all over again..... would actually be priceless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,508 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

BloodBath wrote: »
    I ****ing despise Brian Kerr. You paid money to listen to him?

Well the attraction was Cody, O'Shea and O'Brien. But Kerr stole the show. He was genuinely hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

No
    Username
    Headshot
    LuckyLloyd
    Boggles
    Dave!
    Pro. F
    Mitch Connor
    kryogen
    Mikeyt086
    jesus_thats_gre
    Xavi6
    Will I Amnt

A few Liverpool, city fans there, and posters who haven't been around for years.

No
    Each to their own I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

No
    1 season in what 20 seasons that united have been below average.

I'm not about to start living in the past (one step closer to saying "next year is our year").

The problem is we are seeing nothing to suggest we are improving. What makes you think we will be better next year? OK, so we all expected a blip this year, but where we are with a champions squad is not even close to a blip, its a huge drop.

Julez wrote: »
    I'm not about to start living in the past (one step closer to saying "next year is our year").

The problem is we are seeing nothing to suggest we are improving. What makes you think we will be better next year? OK, so we all expected a blip this year, but where we are with a champions squad is not even close to a blip, its a huge drop.

it was only a champions squad because fergie was a genius who could make players play above their level consistently. Look at the start Moyes had first 5 league games included Chelsea, City, Liverpool compare that to what arsenal have had, a few wins for them and confidence was high, Utd would have been in the same boat if they had an easy start. Arsenal are 2nd in the league, United took 4 points off them could easily have taken 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

bren2001 wrote: »
    I agree he should not be used in the CL but saying he has been poor for most of the season, well, if I can just borrow a quote from you:

He drives the ball down a lot of blind alleys and is not quite up to the pace a lot of the time. He has a drive about him which looks great but the final ball is often not there from him. He was lost the couple of times he played in the 10. I said he wasn't ready earlier in the season and he promptly scored 2 goals to shut me up but bar that game and a few small things in a couple more I can't remember much to justify all the adulation. He's a decent young player with a potentially great upside but to be playing him in such big games with better more experienced players is a bad move imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

For what it's worth...

Username Compatibility
    master-t
    TheDoc
    DM-ICE
    arodabomb
    Your Airbag
    Mitch Connor
    Maximus Alexander
    kryogen
    GavRedKing
    Bombleswizzum
    v3ttel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭bren2001

Liam O wrote: »
    He drives the ball down a lot of blind alleys and is not quite up to the pace a lot of the time. He has a drive about him which looks great but the final ball is often not there from him. He was lost the couple of times he played in the 10. I said he wasn't ready earlier in the season and he promptly scored 2 goals to shut me up but bar that game and a few small things in a couple more I can't remember much to justify all the adulation. He's a decent young player with a potentially great upside but to be playing him in such big games with better more experienced players is a bad move imo.

I agree with everything you said. I would be happy for him to sit on the bench for the rest of the season and got 10-15 minutes every few weeks. He has been overused by Moyes. He was awful at 10.

All I disagree with is that you view him as being poor. Relative to the rest of the United players (and in particular, wingers) he has been one of our better players. For an 18 year old he has been excellent. He is over hyped but has bags of potential. He needs to go off and work with the coaches, bulk up and hopefully he can have more of an impact next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Has anyone got the Walrus as their love?

Just on Brian Kerr...I don't mind him at all, he has a serious depth of knowledge, whenever I hear him co-commentate he'd always have these nuggets of information about some obscure left back playing with one of the lesser teams. He goes into more detail in his analysis than alot of them too.

As an Ireland manager though he was a bit meh...too negative

No
    It's the accent that does it for me. He tends to ramble and cut into other peoples comments/conversations as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    some unreal negativity in this forum about Man Utd. 1 season in what 20 seasons that united have been below average. United fans have been spoilt over the years. lot of people here throwing their toys out of the pram. BELIEVE.

You know what, you've convinced me. Come on everyone, let's all hold hands and...

head-in-sand_21.jpg

Its easy to be negative, hard to be supportive, David Moyes I BELIEVE.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Its easy to be negative, hard to be supportive, David Moyes I BELIEVE.

Even easier to stick to nice soundbytes, easier again to ignore facts and reality and dream...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    moyes out

Even easier to stick to nice soundbytes, easier again to ignore facts and reality and dream...

Lucky your not an arsenal fan.....

http://arsenaltrophyclock.net/

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    Look at the start Moyes had first 5 league games included Chelsea, City, Liverpool compare that to what arsenal have had, a few wins for them and confidence was high, Utd would have been in the same boat if they had an easy start.

There you have it folks, the reason we can't beat Stoke or Fulham is because we didn't have an easy start.

Really dreading the release of next years fixtures now, if we have City in our first five games our season will be over! (Again):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Trilla wrote: »
    moyes out

4 more years!!

No
    were you not excited when moyes signed Mata??

"The next exciting event at Manchester Utd" is future tense not past tense.

There you have it folks, the reason we can't beat Stoke or Fulham is because we didn't have an easy start.

Really dreading the release of next years fixtures now, if we have City in our first five games our season will be over! (Again):pac:

its a lot easier to play football when confidence is high.... a few easy games at the start of the season would have done nicely. its why most manager prefer an easier start to a hard one....

"The next exciting event at Manchester Utd" is future tense not past tense.

id say if United paraded Toni Kroos and Edinson Cavani in the summer you would still not be happy

• Advertisement

No
    id say if United paraded Toni Kroos and Edinson Cavani in the summer you would still not be happy

You say a lot of outlandish stuff on here.

Welcome to the forum Bangkok!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

IvySlayer wrote: »

Looks like I haven't made it onto anyones list

1069.gif

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."

- Oscar Wilde

No

If it meant not getting 1-2 Defensive midfielders, a left and right back and 1-2 center backs then no. We don't need Cavani or Kroos really. It's hard enough to get 2 good strikers in Rooney and RVP into the team without adding a third.

Would be happy to see Kroos though providing the defence is sorted as well.

BloodBath wrote: »
    If it meant not getting 1-2 Defensive midfielders, a left and right back and 1-2 center backs then no. We don't need Cavani or Kroos really. It's hard enough to get 2 good strikers in Rooney and RVP into the team without adding a third.

Would be happy to see Kroos though providing the defence is sorted as well.

Happy to see Kroos?? he would be an unbelievable signing, the next Bastian Schweinsteiger and would dominate centre midfield for Utd for years to come, with Carrick/fellaini beside him. Phil Jones will get a run next season centre half and Johnny evans and smalling are more than capable centre halfs. Not as if there are world class centre halfs around any more in the mould of a rio or vida to buy. all you have to look at is Barcelona or real Madrid centre back to know what im talking about. it will be a shoot out for luke shaw between utd and Chelsea but 25m I would rather Chelsea have him. Moyes might go for coleman in the summer as rafaels attacking contribution, crosses etc are quiet poor. Coentrão might replace evra but im not sure if he is up to the job

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement