Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

The only reason Phil Neville is a coach at United is because he is ex-United. If he was not ex-United, he would not currently be a coach at United.

Its strange how difficult this is for you.

you just said something different in that Moyes worked with him before? so ex-united isnt the ONLY reason? changing back again. well done.

headbuttng the keyboard and hoping it makes sense isnt workin for ya. try talking some sense. good lad

edit: not sure why im engaging with something beyond help....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We'll probably sign one big-ish name midfielder and the other two or three players will be the next level down.

I can't see United not spending 100m in the summer after finishing maybe 5th at best and the resources at the clubs disposal. This season will be a wakeup call to the people in charge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

We'll probably sign one big-ish name midfielder and the other two or three players will be the next level down.

I can't see United not spending 100m in the summer after finishing maybe 5th at best and the resources at the clubs disposal. This season will be a wakeup call to the people in charge.

Will you trust Moyes to spend it properly though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Lallana, Matudi, Contrao, Gundogan, Garay and Santon. These type of players are far more likely what we will attract.

If the rumours about about his illness are true it's time to forget about him. How would people feel about a move for Kovacic from Inter along with a more experienced CM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Will you trust Moyes to spend it properly though?

He has bought Mata and Fellaini so far and his history in the transfer market has far more goods than duds.

He tried to sign Fabregas and Bale, and he has identified our weak positions.

I've no problem with him spending the money if the club persist with him through the summer, he'll at least leave the team in very good shape if he's sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    What are the chances this will be our starting first 11 next season

Dea gea

New left back--Jones/evans-New Centre Back-New Left back

2 New Central Midfielders

New winger---Mata
    Januzai

Rooney

My picks would be

Dea Gea

Coleman
    Jones/evans--Hummels
    Shaw

Vidal----Strootman

Reus
    Mata
    Januzai

Rooney

Realistically its going to be this

Dea Gea

Rafael
    Jones/evans-New Centre Back-New left back

Carrick----New central Midfielder----

Mata
    Rooney
    Januzai

RVP

I can't shake the feeling RVP will be sold though
    De Gea

Rafael - Jones - Evans - Coentrao

Pogba - Verratti

Kagawa - Mata - Januzaj

Cavani

My Fifa team, it does the business. Just sell Van Persie and Rooney to fund it, simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    you just said something different in that Moyes worked with him before? so ex-united isnt the ONLY reason? changing back again. well done.

I tried to think of a way to phrase this simpler for you, but as it turns out it isn't actually possible to say it any clearer, so you are in trouble in guess.

Phil Neville would not be a Manchester United coach right now if he had not been a Manchester United player previously.

No
    He tried to sign Fabregas and Bale, and he has identified our weak positions.

Its amazing how often you hear this said in this thread.

The idea that anybody gets even slight praise for "identifying our weak positions" is insane to me. My sisters dog could identify our weak positions, and that same dog was every bit as successful as David Moyes in actually signing Fabregas and Bale last summer. Trying to sign somebody is not worthy of praise.

Phil Neville would not be a Manchester United coach right now if he had not been a Manchester United player previously.

Thats not what you said originally! Try again and this time really think, I mean really think. Take a look back at your post and think

Here I will even help ya you cheeky wee scamp

'two lads who only got the jobs because they are ex-players of the club.' is that you said. Note teh word only. Why not David May then? Why not Taibi? These are ex United players. Is it the ONLY reason? Have a think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Its amazing how often you hear this said in this thread.

The idea that anybody gets even slight praise for "identifying our weak positions" is insane to me. My sisters dog could identify our weak positions, and that same dog was every bit as successful as David Moyes in actually signing Fabregas and Bale last summer. Trying to sign somebody is not worthy of praise.

Yeah, I'd agree.

Also, being honest, I think it's a problem that he seemed to struggle identifying realistic targets. Everyone can see the problems at United, but two transfer windows gone, and we aren't better off hugely...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No
    I tried to think of a way to phrase this simpler for you, but as it turns out it isn't actually possible to say it any clearer, so you are in trouble in guess.

Thats not what you said originally! Try again and this time really think, I mean really think. Take a look back at your post and think

Does it really matter?

The fact remains neither of ye have the slightest idea if he's any good at his job or not.

keane2097 wrote: »
    The fact remains neither of ye have the slightest idea if he's any good at his job or not.

I completely agree with this. I just hate people making stupid comments with nothing to back it up. It's as if people know what happens everyday at United. The same thing last year with everyone ripping into Phelan and having knowledge of Rene when actually nobody has a notion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

For what its worth Phil Neville was coaching England u21s while still at Everton so his coaching stock has been on the up for a while.

If anything the fact he is ex United is just a convenience that fitted in with Moyes moving to United. If Moyes was still at Everton I'd bet Phil would be coaching there with him since Moyes knew his capabilities from working with him daily...the United link is a footnote IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I completely agree with this. I just hate people making stupid comments with nothing to back it up. It's as if people know what happens everyday at United. The same thing last year with everyone ripping into Phelan and having knowledge of Rene when actually nobody has a notion.

The same people who say Micky phelan wasn't good because he wore shorts in his interviews :pac:

No
    Does it really matter?

I know that our performances have been horrendous all season, and when that happens the coaches deserve scrutiny.

No
    The same people who say Micky phelan wasn't good because he wore shorts in his interviews :pac:

Where is Mike Phelan these days?

Popping up in recent weeks on Sky and Setanta as a pundit. Saying he is happy with the current break he has from football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

You're the expert, you tell me.

No matter the answer you'll change the topic and talk about something else.

Its easy to score a goal when you keep moving the posts :)

There's a welbeck joke here somewhere

• Advertisement

No
    You're the expert, you tell me.

No matter the answer you'll change the topic and talk about something else.

You sound bitter about something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No
    I know that our performances have been horrendous all season, and when that happens the coaches deserve scrutiny.

As long as we're willing to accept that our scrutiny is approximately 98% worthless due to total lack of any worthwhile information.

No
    As long as we're willing to accept that our scrutiny is approximately 98% worthless due to total lack of any worthwhile information.

My scrutiny is approximately 100% worthless due to being on a small message board, but I'll give my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

No

Have actually been impressed by his knowledge. Seems quite level headed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Have actually been impressed by his knowledge. Seems quite level headed.

Iz e gotz that intelligentz tho init?

If PSG make a big move for Pogba then I think Verratti or one or two others could be on the block for an offer. I know Matuidi looks like leaving and he would be a good addition to the squad even if he's not the main option going forward. There's a lot to be said for just hovering around the Madrids, Barcas, Bayerns and the nouveau riche clubs and hoovering up their surpluses when they buy too much like they've been doing for years imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

No
    150m at least.

well thats the reality of the ****ing situation, isn't it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Duncan Castles has tweeted saying he'll have some unexpected United news later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No
    zerks wrote: »

Attached to a Suila link,click n he collects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

No

our new tyre partner signed for six years instead of five, or something to that effect no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    crosses fingers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Moyes Out.

http://ansonmills.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/fingers-crossed.gif?w=615

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Attached to a Suila link,click n he collects

I'll just wait until it's posted elsewhere,ain't nobody gettin' paid tonight.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Paul Scholes is coming out of retirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Fanny Brioscaí

I hate that. Just say what you have now.

He has habit of rewriting old stories and changing a few lines here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Being realistic its probably to do with Rooney

No
    Any reason I should believe he has more itk news than, say, FakeAgent3546?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

The last time Castles done this it was a link to the 5 more Mata's story on Sulia.

Don't even bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

No
    Any reason I should believe he has more itk news than, say, FakeAgent3546?

Not really.

Judging by Castles previous pieces, It'll probably be a story with some vague angle that'll mean it can never really be disproved.

He writes for Goal.com, definitely legit:pac:

Ah sure,we'll see what he has to say shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I know im late but a lot of love there. You guys.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Meulensteen back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

That would certainly be 'unexpected'!

No
    any second now......

No
    Lets be honest, if it was anything "big", it would have been picked up by multiple people and sources.

It frustrates me when people post A random twitter user with a click-bait tweet. I get this is a rumours thread, but I wish we could agree on some "Double confirmation" thing. :o

Lets be honest, if it was anything "big", it would have been picked up by multiple people and sources.

It frustrates me when people post A random twitter user with a click-bait tweet. I get this is a rumours thread, but I wish we could agree on some "Double confirmation" thing. :o

If there's ever any big news on a Saturday night,there's an embargo until after 10.30pm.

No
    If there's ever any big news on a Saturday night,there's an embargo until after 10.30pm.

Yeah, but wouldn't more journalists be hinting at it too?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No
    Good piece in the guardian about Ravel for anyone interested. Daniel Taylor again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No
    Just read it there,shocking stuff from the agent and his other clients if true.Does show how shady football can get behind closed doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    havin the craic in dubai, our heroes

294229.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Trilla wrote: »
    havin the craic in dubai, our heroes

Following on from that;
    Manchester United defender Alex Buttner has risked angering his club's fans by posing for a picture of him with a cocktail on a beach while on a warm weather training break in Dubai.

With the Reds languishing on seventh place in the Premier League and already out of the FA Cup, boss David Moyes whisked them away from stormy Manchester so they can regroup for the final stages of the season.

No doubt fans were hoping that the squad would be working hard to right the wrongs of the campaign so far, but from the look of Buttner's picture, there was a fair bit of relaxation going on.

Of course there is no suggestion that the picture is representative of the trip as a whole, but it is bound to raise hackles of United fans at home.

Fullscreen-capture-150214-162259-6713798.jpg

• Advertisement

No
    Sure he might as well, not like Moyes is going to give him a game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement