Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Jesus! he's having a drink, a cocktail no less.

We should set fire to him, post haste.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

No
    Haven't seen youth team games at all this season but just watched some of Saidy Janko's performances. What an absolute powerhouse! and only 18 :eek:

If he continues on his current trajectory he should be going on tour in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

any second now......

What's any second now?????

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

No
    his tattoos are as bad as his performances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    TheTownie wrote: »
    Haven't seen youth team games at all this season but just watched some of Saidy Janko's performances. What an absolute powerhouse! and only 18 :eek:

If he continues on his current trajectory he should be going on tour in the summer.

or off to Juve

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Why would the players relaxing in warm weather bother anyone? That is why they are out there, train in warm weather and relax for rest of the day to recuperate

TheTownie wrote: »

Scholes had some praise for him earlier, saying he's first team material.

No
    brinty wrote: »
    What's any second now?????

This big news on twitter;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

No
    Haha Buttner drinking a cocktail, they clearly did not see his backflip from the diving board he put on instagram, landed onto his back, had to have stung like a bitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

This big news on twitter;)

I wonder what are the chances of it being a Vidic u-turn?

It's got to be a contract extension or back-room change for someone if this claim is serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    NUTZZ wrote: »
    Fullscreen-capture-150214-162259-6713798.jpg
    Trilla wrote: »
    294229.png

Buttner is a disgrace and it must be stopped.
    No more thumbs up, you look stupid

No
    I wonder what are the chances of it being a Vidic u-turn?

It's got to be a contract extension or back-room change for someone.

Dont think it will be anything major.

Your guess is as good as mine.

You could well be right about Vidic

Dont think it will be anything major.

Your guess is as good as mine.

You could well be right about Vidic

Twitter...sure any idiot with a bit of imagination can get a god rumour doing on that....

I suppose it'll be something already in the public domain..

Wonder if its a Bosman signing .. Fernando and Matuidi have been the names most commonly referenced..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No
    Twitter...sure any idiot with a bit of imagination can get a god rumour doing on that....

I suppose it'll be something already in the public domain..

Wonder if its a Bosman signing .. Fernando and Matuidi have been the names most commonly referenced..

This is all supposed to come from Duncan please click my sulia link castles yeah? It'll be nowt real or actually new. Hate that guy. Saw him tweet a link to a sulia post which has the opening para of, and link to, an article on the telegraph or whatever place was employing him. What a berk. Really annoyed me, that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Evra contract extension?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

No
    Patrice Evra wins Manchester United contract extension.oh lord

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Surely that's bollóx

Why is Moyes trying to sign every LB in existence if it's true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

better be bs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

No
    If true it truely shows he has some dirt on Moyes

Charlie Wyatt is saying Rooney has signed a new contract.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

No
    If that is true, which I doubt, then I don't really know what to say.

There is no way Evra should be getting a contract extension at United. No logic to it whatsoever. His negatives hugely out weigh any positives he's bringing to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Evra gets to choose whether to sign or not. There was a clause in his contract that said if he played 25 league games he gets the option of extending his deal by one year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Reports Rooney signed new contract.

No
    Paully D wrote: »
    Evra gets to choose whether to sign or not. There was a clause in his contract that said if he played 25 league games he gets the option of extending his deal by one year.

Ah, now that would be very different!

He should never have been afforded that opportunity though. Moyes should have replace him in January at the latest. A clear weak point of the team.

No
    Reading the piece, he claims that Evra will have the choice to sign a contract or leave on a free. That's obviously very different to him signing a new deal.

He'll probably be off IMO, don't think he's the type of person to stay at a club where he's not wanted anymore.

Patrice Evra has earned an extension to his contract at Manchester United and is now in a position to decide whether his future lies at the club next season. The France international has started 25 of United's 26 Premier League fixtures this campaign, triggering a clause in a deal he agreed with the club in February 2011.

Evra, who is one of the best paid players at Old Trafford on a basic salary of over £6million gross, has earned the option of an additional year's contract at United. The option is unilateral, entitling the five-times Premier League champion to leave the club on a free transfer should he elect to take up a more attractive offer elsewhere.

Quite simply this is NUTZZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Blatter wrote: »
    Reading the piece, he claims that Evra will have the choice to sign a contract or leave on a free. That's obviously very different to him signing a new deal.

He'll probably be off IMO, don't think he's the type of person to stay at a club where he's not wanted anymore.

Not wanted? He's probaly one of the the biggest personalitys in the dressing room, I'd gladly see him stay as back-up even pushed foward to lw on the odd occasion could be a big blow losing possibly Rio, Vidic and Evra all in the one summer.

Wayne Rooney to stay at Manchester United until 2018 in £70.2 million deal

Wayne Rooney, the Manchester United and England striker, is reported to have agreed a record £70.2 million deal that will keep him at the Barclays Premier League club until 2018.

The new contract agreed by the 28-year-old is the biggest in the history of the Premier League and will result in the striker receiving a weekly wage of £300,000, The Sun newspaper reported this morning.

The Times

• Advertisement

I'll say it once more with some feeling...

I'll say it once more with some feeling...

Just get your coat...:pac:

No
    bmcc10 wrote: »
    Not wanted? He's probaly one of the the biggest personalitys in the dressing room, I'd gladly see him stay as back-up even pushed foward to lw on the odd occasion could be a big blow losing possibly Rio, Vidic and Evra all in the one summer.

He's not good enough anymore and sets a bad example for others on the pitch with his half-hearted efforts. Him being off the wage bill will be a good thing for United.

That article is purely based on The Sun's report. Poor enough from The Times tbh, would expect better.

He's not good enough anymore and sets a bad example for others on the pitch with his half-hearted efforts. Him being off the wage bill will be a good thing for United.

That article is purely based on The Sun's report. Poor enough from The Times tbh, would expect better.

Eh is the sun not the tabloid version of the times????

Exactly what I thought myself, other sources are carrying the story too but they all just quote The Sun.

No
    Eh is the sun not the tabloid version of the times????

I'm not sure what you mean or what your point is?

• Advertisement

No

Its just taking Andersons wages and saving 20k if you wanna look on bright side.

I'm not sure what you mean or what your point is?

The Times has been a gutter tabloid without the red ink for a long time now.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Micheal Owen also dropping hints on Twitter that it is now official.

News of Rooneys new contract imminent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

The state the Utd squad is in now, Utd need players of Rooney's quality - questionable behaviour or not. They simple could not (and probably would not) replace him with someone of equal quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    They simple could not (and probably would not) replace him with someone of equal quality.
    £300k a week would turn a lot of heads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    £300k a week would turn a lot of heads.

My argument about Rooney has always been that with his wages, I think we'd easily get one player in to replace him, possibly even two.

People go on bout how we'll attract more talent this summer with the wages freed up from the likes of Evra, Vidic et al. 300k, plus whatever we could have got for Rooney, would have been a massive gamechanger on the transfer market. Especially when you consider we are talking about a player who is likely going to decline well before the end of the touted contract, and who, by all accounts, was only wanted by one other team...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No
    Moyes seems to be going all out on rooney and has done so since he got the job. I wonder if some of the squad resent this a little bit. I certainly wouldnt think he deserves that type of money. I wouldnt class him in the top 5 players in the league anymore.

Presuming Rvp is staying at Utd I fail to see how Mata and Rooney can both fit. Both have the creative streak and both excel as the link man between midfield and attack (Rooney of course can play the striker role and play it well). I just presumed when Mata was signed that Rooney would make way especially considering the wages he's on and the sell on value Utd would still receive for him.

I'd pick Rooney over Mata every day tbh if it came to the crunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Utd sold Ronaldo for 80m. Replaced him with Valencia. Rooney would be replaced by promoting a youth team player.

No
    The Times has been a gutter tabloid without the red ink for a long time now.

I disagree.

The Times aren't perfect but they usually adhere to a much higher standard of journalism than The Sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Unreal crazy money for Rooney. How can the club justify this for a player thats far from being one of the best players in the world?

Im not knocking Rooney, he's a great player but not one of the best and for that money it deserves to go to a player that is the best in the world tbh

If you judge him on this season, no way in hell does he deserve that 300k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Headshot wrote: »
    Unreal crazy money for Rooney. How can the club justify this for a player thats far from being one of the best players in the world?

Im not knocking Rooney, he's a great player but not one of the best and for that money it deserves to go to a player that is the best in the world tbh

If you judge him on this season, no way in hell does he deserve that 300k

Its down to his overall importance to the club though rather then just this season, that would be my take on it. I still dont believe 300k basic either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

No
    I am delighted that he has signed the new contract ! His importance to this club should not be underestimated.

To me this sends out a signal that even though this season has been tough and we wont be playing CL football next season that we will not lose our better players and will continue to sign world class talent !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

You can't just judge a player on this season.
    It would be equally foolish to judge him solely on 2009-10, his best season.

The fact is he IS one of the most important players in the club, and I'm bloody delighted that he's signed.

We will look back at Wayne Rooney's career in ten years time and say he was one of the best that ever played for us. Of that I have no doubt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

United are never going to say how much he earns. Rooney and his agents would want him to be known as a high earner to make him appear more prestigious and get more money from sponsors.

Take the reported wage with a pinch of salt. Look at Giggsy11 posts on the topic in the last thread showing one papers erratic reporting of his current contract.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement