Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No
    brinty wrote: »
    Dunno why Vermaelen is not playing at Arsenal and seems to be on the way out

It's because Mert and Koscielny are the best CB pair in the EPL. Vermaelen is very overrated thanks to scoring a few goals in his first season. Arsenal were better with Djourou playing CB than they were with Vermaelen for about a season and a half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

just a quick question based on man city last night.... if you had the choice....

IMO

Hart - de gea.............de gea
    zabaleta-rafael...........zabaleta
    Evra-clichy................Evra
    Demachilis-rio............Rio
    Kompany-Vidic...........oooooooohhhhh tough one but I'll go vidic
    Navas-Mata...............Mata
    Toure-Who cares........Toure
    Fernandinho-fellaini....Fernandinho
    Kolorav-Januzaj.........januzaj
    RVP-Negrado.............RVP
    Rooney-Silva.............ROONEY

7 utd 4 city :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    bangkok wrote: »
    just a quick question based on man city last night.... if you had the choice....

IMO

Just an honest question.....but what age are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

My worry would be the fact our form is deteriorating over the last few weeks; we are getting worse, not better. So the idea we could somehow get past the quarters is one that doesn't even register for me. As much chance we will sign Messi and win the league...

What I'm sure most managers, be it our next opponents in the league, or the champions league especially, are worried about is when it finally snaps. The infamous "backlash". Oddly enough something the club has done down the years, hit a vein of poor form, bad result, then boom, Absolutely lash someone out of it.

Obviously this year has been pretty unprecedented in the length of bad form, or lack of any form, but you'd hope at some point something clicks, and we just give someone a lashing. Not in score line, just in a dominating performance.

If it was to happen, while it would be great at any stage, you'd nearly get sily and wish it to happen in a really tough tie in the Champions League :D

For the record, I'm very confident about the Olympiakos game regardless of league form. It will hopefully be an extract for the squad and team to remove the woes of premier league football and focus on one tie.

Great opportunity to get into the next round, should really take advantage.

Just an honest question.....but what age are you?

which players would you go for?? like I said in the beginning....IMO..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

No
    Kompany is the best defender in the league if not on the planet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

No
    Course we can dream but get your facts straight, Mata can't play CL and Januzaj is an 18 year old kid..
    You can't win anything with kids they said :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

IMO

U wot m8?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

No
    bullvine wrote: »
    Kompany is the best defender in the league if not on the planet..

And Negredo is on fire this season. Absolute tank of a man.

• Advertisement

U wot m8?

everyday of the week, evra is much more complete player, Didier Deschamps would agree with me on that as well... :)

No
    in fairness though Rio is better than Demechelis .......

No
    everyday of the week, evra is much more complete player, Didier Deschamps would agree with me on that as well... :)

Hard to argue with that :)

No
    which players would you go for?? like I said in the beginning....IMO..........

Well im not 10 so I wont be answering that but seriously what age are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

No
    bullvine wrote: »
    in fairness though Rio is better than Demechelis .......

I thought demichelis was actually solid enough last night and had no option but to take messi down. Even at that though he was clearly City's worst player.

Well im not 10 so I wont be answering that but seriously what age are you?

doesn't matter if im 5 or 55, I have an opinion on football.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

IMO

Hart - de gea.............de gea (Draw)
    zabaleta-rafael...........zabaleta (Zabaleta)
    Evra-clichy................Evra (Clichy, not even close this season tbh)
    Demachilis-rio............Rio (Rio)
    Kompany-Vidic...........oooooooohhhhh tough one but I'll go vidic (Well this is just wrong Kompany is up there with Silva as the best)
    Navas-Mata...............Mata (Mata)
    Toure-Who cares........Toure (Toure)
    Fernandinho-fellaini....Fernandinho (Fernandinho)
    Kolorav-Januzaj.........januzaj (Not sure why you didnt put Adnan against Silva so I will, Silva)
    RVP-Negrado.............RVP (RVP)
    Rooney-Silva.............ROONEY (He is really against Kun Aguero, so Kun Aguero)

So its more like 7.5 City, 3.5 united some off your choices are baffling

No
    doesn't matter if im 5 or 55, I have an opinion on football.......

So im guessing 15 or something, your "opinions" are typical of school ground "banter" Whats it been twice now you have tried asking us to get into a pointless debate over players or players turning manager :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No
    astonaidan wrote: »

He said it was based off last nights team.

thank you.

astonaidan wrote: »

also clichy over evra?? clichy has only played 12 games this season, evra has over 30 and is the current French left back

• Advertisement

Evra used to be miles ahead of him, no question, but Evra has dropped off so much this season people are asking for Buttner to start ahead of him.

Evra is living off his reputation and Deschamps picking doesn't mean a whole lot tbh.

Evra is a liability and has individually cost us, at a minimum, 4 points this season. Clichy is no world beater but I rather see him, Valencia, Lindegard or ever your nan play instead of Evra.

Cue Evra going into some great form. You'll all know who to thank when he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No

IMO

fckthat.jpg

anyone who wants buttner to play over evra.............:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    evra is still one of our main creator of chances....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No
    also clichy over evra?? clichy has only played 12 games this season, evra has over 30 and is the current French left back

Clichy's missus over Evra. Have you been paying attention?

Actually, never mind. I'll be on twitter until this all blows over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Its one of the most ridiculous comparisons I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Lads been think this one over for a few days
    What would ye think of picking up Vermaelen and C-Ashley this summer for the defence??
    Dunno why Vermaelen is not playing at Arsenal and seems to be on the way out
    C-Ashley available on a free
    Are they worth a cheeky bid/offer??

Just from an Arsenal perspective the reason he isn't playing is obviously because of Mertesacker and Koscielny but also because Vermaelen makes a lot of mistakes.

He is our Club captain and admire his blood and thunder style, goal scoring, etc but the reality is you first and foremost want your defenders to defend.

I think his goalscoring and last ditch tackles glossed over a lot of his frailties (was making those tackles due to his own mistakes most of the time).

Good player - glad we have him as backup but don't think he would be a significant upgrade on Evans, Smalling or Jones.

That said if you want to throw us another 20 million we'l have a think about it.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No

You haven't got a long lost brother called Man City 10 have you? :)

Both players aren't up to being first choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

He creates much more for the opposition than he does for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    thelad95 wrote: »
    I thought demichelis was actually solid enough last night and had no option but to take messi down.

Hijack: His biggest mistake was not taking Messi down straight away, the two paces taken then meant it was a penalty and red card instead of a freekick and red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Haha I have been involved and played football, still playing now for the last 20 years I think I know what I'm talking about

Quote of the century...Moyes is a premier league manager even he doesn't know what it's about, steady on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hijack: His biggest mistake was not taking Messi down straight away, the two paces taken then meant it was a penalty and red card instead of a freekick and red card.

He was getting sent off even of he takes him down right away, either way off and a free..... 40 minutes with 10 against 11. Or hope the player misses/scores and continue with 11.

Mind you he played well up to that.

Quote of the century...Moyes is a premier league manager even he doesn't know what it's about, steady on.

ridiculous statement, of course moyes knows what its about. didn't he manage a good everton team for 10 years in the prem league and highlighted straight away a need for a world class midfielder in the summer when he joined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    When is this mid term break over?

Never heard of that type of thing back in my day:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No
    Yous can be such a patronizing bunch of ****s in here at times ya know that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Dani Alves:pac::pac:

"I didn’t realise until about five years ago that Manchester had two teams. Of course Manchester United have been one of the most famous and successful clubs in Europe for many years – but I thought they were the only one."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Being the current french left back means nothing tbh, if there is one team talent isnt the main factor its France. RVP has played feck all this year but you still rated him higher than Negredo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

"playing for the last 20 years", there is no way a 25+ year old posts like that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No
    He was getting sent off even of he takes him down right away, either way off and a free..... 40 minutes with 10 against 11. Or hope the player misses/scores and continue with 11.

Mind you he played well up to that.

I said at the start of the game himself and Lescott were the weak links in that team and it showed. Hart is suspect as well. If any team puts pressure on those 3 they will make big mistakes.

Demichelis had a reasonable game but he's always liable to do something stupid. If you're going to take a man down as the last man it better be for a free kick and preferably late in the game otherwise it's not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

not one i fancy to score

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    not one i fancy to score

Sorry for the off topic, was just in this thread when the Arsenal got the penalty

Dunno what it is about Ozil, just never imagine him as a penalty taker, I see him as a little bit gutless even though thats a bit too strong for what I mean.

You could also see how uncomfortable he was going to take it, why do they let/make players who are not confident take penalties?

Huge moment

/off topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Want Arsenal to go through, if Bayern go out it's anyone's to win

Januzaj rejects chance to play for Kosovo. I wonder will he declare for England.

Ravel Morrison has gone to QPR on a 93 day loan deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Jan should know better and stay well clear of England

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Januzaj rejects chance to play for Kosovo. I wonder will he declare for England.

Ravel Morrison has gone to QPR on a 93 day loan deal.

He cant play for England!!! They have an agreement where none of the UK teams (Scotland/Wales/England) can't naturalise players. Same way Rangel couldn't play for Wales and Arteta and Almunia could never play for England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No

I expect him to play for Albania due to his Dad, but wouldn't be surprised to see him declare for Belgium as he spent most of his life there and had most of his footballing education there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

No
    Tony Mutha****ing Kroos
    ARsenal game.

Hows Bankok getting on? Ive been avoiding the thread during the midterm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Tony Mutha****ing Kroos
    ARsenal game.

Yeah - should be easy for us to buy him alright! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Phoenix wrote: »
    Would Januzaj get into Belgiums team for this coming WC?

I dont think he has done enough. I assume hes fighting with Mirallas who has been really good this season

Kroos bossing it tonight. There is an interesting theory about him floating around too

A summer move away from Bayern might seem more likely if true.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement