Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Kroos bossing it tonight. There is an interesting theory about hi floating around too

A summer move away from Bayern might seem more likely if true.

He's looking for a new deal and has said this multiple times in the past couple of weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

This thread is for talk, gossip, and RUMOURS; no theories! :pac: That being said, spill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Not all that happy with Fletch being called up to Scotland squad. I get he will want to play for his country but he is still very much being nursed back into football

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Red Crow wrote: »
    He's looking for a new deal and has said this multiple times in the past couple of weeks

I'm aware of that, its related but not it.

Does everyone remember the Bayern mole earlier this season? In case you don't the story is this. Someone on the inside at Bayern was leaking information to German paper Bild. Apparently among the leaked material were things that only the players would have known, tactics, formations etc and Pep knew because it was also information he only told the players. Guardiola was furious.

Guardiola was reportedly so furious that it was rumored he said the mole once found would never play for Bayern as long as he was there again.

Initially is was considered Lahm was the mole. He has close links with Bild and they always wrote articles in his favour. Examples are the captaincy issue with Ballack or the captain selection at Bayern after Kahn's retirement.

Klinsmann was having none of it and made van Bommel captain, Lucio and Demichelis as vice-captains.

Its presumed to be a high profile German national player since there was also a mole in the German squad of 2012 at the Euros that year.

Now its believed that the mole is Kross, according to Bild and that Guardiola doesn't fancy him or Manzudkic. So why play Kroos so much? Well Schweinsteiger and Martinez were injured so Pep had little choice. I think they are still missing MF players tonight.

Its all involving Bild and they are fifty fifty when it comes to reliability but there could be something to it.

Bayern mole story
    http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/11/24/internacional/1385323558_736441.html

Euros 2012 mole
    http://www.stern.de/sport/fussball-em/em-2012/dfb-team/dfb-team-loews-jagd-nach-dem-maulwurf-1845338.html

Kroos mole story
    http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1720830/bayern-munich-mole-reveals-pep-guardiola-disciplining-toni-kroos-mario-mandzukic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

The kroos talk in here is embarassing. Please dont start it again.There isnt a hope in hell he would join Utd if IF he did leave Bayern. Wake up whoever thinks that.
    Laughable to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'm aware of that, its related but not it.

Does everyone remember the Bayern mole earlier this season? In case you don't the story is this. Someone on the inside at Bayern was leaking information to German paper Bild. Apparently among the leaked material were things that only the players would have known, tactics, formations etc and Pep knew because it was also information he only told the players. Guardiola was furious.

Guardiola was reportedly so furious that it was rumored he said the mole once found would never play for Bayern as long as he was there again.

Initially is was considered Lahm was the mole. He has close links with Bild and they always wrote articles in his favour. Examples are the captaincy issue with Ballack or the captain selection at Bayern after Kahn's retirement.

Klinsmann was having none of it and made van Bommel captain, Lucio and Demichelis as vice-captains.

Its presumed to be a high profile German national player since there was also a mole in the German squad of 2012 at the Euros that year.

Now its believed that the mole is Kross, according to Bild and that Guardiola doesn't fancy him or Manzudkic. So why play Kroos so much? Well Schweinsteiger and Martinez were injured so Pep had little choice. I think they are still missing MF players tonight.

Its all involving Bild and they are fifty fifty when it comes to reliability but there could be something to it.

Bayern mole story
    http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/11/24/internacional/1385323558_736441.html

Euros 2012 mole
    http://www.stern.de/sport/fussball-em/em-2012/dfb-team/dfb-team-loews-jagd-nach-dem-maulwurf-1845338.html

Kroos mole story
    http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1720830/bayern-munich-mole-reveals-pep-guardiola-disciplining-toni-kroos-mario-mandzukic

So what your saying is, noone knows who the mole is??

So what your saying is, noone knows who the mole is??

I'm reporting what is being said in the public forum. Like I said its an interesting theory floating around. I am claiming nothing.

What is for sure is that there was/is a mole. Guardiola would not have been happy and if the rumors of them going for Draxler as a replacement for Kross are true well who knows. I don't find the idea of Guardiola being very annoyed at Kross if he thinks he is the mole and even less impresses when he asked for a big wage hike that far fetched.

The sudden apperance of Moyes and Kross agent also. Who knows but I'm interested and claiming only that

Also, tonight

Sj2hXna.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

No
    Doesn't sound like this mole is the type of player any club should aspire to have in their team...

BKtje wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like this mole is the type of player any club should aspire to have in their team...

That is another issue. If any of this has holds water do we want a mole, albeit a very good mole, in our team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'm reporting what is being said in the public forum. Like I said its an interesting theory floating around. I am claiming nothing.

What is for sure is that there was/is a mole. Guardiola would not have been happy and if the rumors of them going for Draxler as a replacement for Kross are true well who knows. I don't find the idea of Guardiola being very annoyed at Kross if he thinks he is the mole and even less impresses when he asked for a big wage hike that far fetched.

The sudden apperance of Moyes and Kross agent also. Who knows but I'm interested and claiming only that

Also, tonight

Sj2hXna.png

Kroos is looking for more money, he has said as much. If he was the mole he wouldn't be near a pitch in Bayerns colours.

Moyes has been to loads of games since he got the United job!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    That is another issue. If any of this has holds water do we want a mole, albeit a very good mole, in our team?

Depends, are moles better than headless chickens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    ugh Moyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The kroos talk in here is embarassing. Please dont start it again.There isnt a hope in hell he would join Utd if IF he did leave Bayern. Wake up whoever thinks that.
    Laughable to be honest.

Ok then Mystic Meg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Also, tonight

Sj2hXna.png

Is whoever is sitting beside Moyes wearing a Man Utd jacket? No better evening wear :p

Lukker- wrote: »
    Is whoever is sitting beside Moyes wearing a Man Utd jacket? No better evening wear :p

Thats Steve Round our assistant manager afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Dont think he would leak much on us

CROSS, CROSS CROSS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

JnQnulc.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So....that Kroos fella.,..

Moyes will have left the Emirates tonight with no doubts, he will want Toni. Getting him is another matter entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No
    Kroos is looking for more money, he has said as much. If he was the mole he wouldn't be near a pitch in Bayerns colours.

Moyes has been to loads of games since he got the United job!!

i swear that's the only reason he took the job, free tickets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    TheDoc wrote: »
    So....that Kroos fella.,..

Bar few less full stops thats exactly what I was going to say here right now:pac:

Robson99 wrote: »
    Dont think he would leak much on us

KROSS, KROSS KROSS

FTFY

No
    Kroos is one of the best players I have ever seen. Be it on TV or live at a game.

Just different class. I could watch him all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No
    Another Kross fanboy here but harsh reality is we are unlikely to get him.

No
    dahat wrote: »
    Another Kross fanboy here but harsh reality is we are unlikely to get him.

0% imo.

No
    0% imo.

Agreed but we can still dream, a bit like fancying Rihanna while married!

• Advertisement

No
    dahat wrote: »
    Agreed but we can still dream, a bit like fancying Rihanna while married!

True.

Man I so love for him to sign. I have been wrong plenty of times, this would be one I be delighted to be wrong on more then rest combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We probably need to win the CL to convince Kroos to come to us and that's *if* he is leaving

The chances are just zero

No
    Kroos is after money, we can pay 220k week no problem.
    He has won everything with Bayern and maybe a new project could be sold to him but it will all come down to Moyes i think,he needs to sell himself to Kroos.

No
    If we were to get Kroos it would be the greatest stunt since the Great Train Robbery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Jaysus I'd almost feel guilty if we were to pull that one off.

Almost.

• Advertisement

Kroos is one of the best players I have ever seen. Be it on TV or live at a game.

Just different class. I could watch him all day.

I ****ing love the way his first instinct is to move forward, those twisted body passes he hits are unbelievable.

He also has an outragous understanding with Robben.

Makes playing midfield looks so effortless.

If we were to get Kroos it would be the greatest stunt since the Great Train Robbery.

I've my first baby on the way, due July.

If we sign Kroos by July, I'll name it Toni, boy or a girl.

YOU HEAR THAT WOODWARD!

Please note the likelyhood of me agreeing with my girlfriend we name our child Toni with an I, is less then the chance of us signing Kroos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

YOU HEAR THAT WOODWARD!

Please note the likelyhood of me agreeing with my girlfriend we name our child Toni with an I, is less then the chance of us signing Kroos.

Very good Doc..i likes it....

Kew you saying there's 0% chance makes me sad :(

Have your sources dried up post Fergie??

YOU HEAR THAT WOODWARD!

Somebody braver than me should top this for the cause

Streaking past the GPO or something :pac:

Somebody braver than me should top this for the cause

Streaking past the GPO or something :pac:

We sign Kroos i'll run Waterford to Cork and back...in the nip

Someone of ability and knowhow, get me Kroos' passing stats for tonight. Dont think I saw a pass go astray, I'd say his heatmap would look like Predator vision....

I can see the headlines tomorrow

"Bayern in Kroos control"

"Bayern Kroos passed Arsenal"

EDIT:
    Kroos completed 144 from 149 attempted passes, while Arsenal made 150 successful passes all evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No
    Someone of ability and knowhow, get me Kroos' passing stats for tonight. Dont think I saw a pass go astray, I'd say his heatmap would look like Predator vision....

Already done.

Bg3wqmBCQAAeskQ.jpg

147 completed from 152
    97% completion

102 of these passes were forward, just 19 backwards.

On a side note Lahm had more passes than the whole Arsenal team and a better completion percentage

BBC saying he had something like 127 touches and 96.7% completion rate...
    Sign him up now...
    £40/50 m just bucking well pay it and be dome with it

EDIT:

Sorry Doc
    Direct from BBC
    For those of you who like a stat, Toni Kroos's display in midfield is worth a look.

He attempted 152 passes tonight, 127 of which were in Arsenal's half, and he completed 96.7% of them. Not too shabby.

Arsenal's most prolific passer was Jack Wilshere, who was successful with 66.7% of his 30 passes.

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Sorry Doc
    Direct from BBC
    For those of you who like a stat, Toni Kroos's display in midfield is worth a look.

He attempted 152 passes tonight, 127 of which were in Arsenal's half, and he completed 96.7% of them. Not too shabby.

Arsenal's most prolific passer was Jack Wilshere, who was successful with 66.7% of his 30 passes.

Thanks for clarification. I check game stats from Squawka Football. Got recommended to me while back as the most accurate place to check.

@Squawka 1h
    Arsenal completed just 150 passes tonight. Toni Kroos completed 144 all on his own. pic.twitter.com/oiGFm42rL0

Thanks for clarification. I check game stats from Squawka Football. Got recommended to me while back as the most accurate place to check.

@Squawka 1h
    Arsenal completed just 150 passes tonight. Toni Kroos completed 144 all on his own. pic.twitter.com/oiGFm42rL0

They only remaining questions surely is
    can he Kroos the ball ???

Facepalm and gets coat :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Kinda pisses me off seeing Moyes scouting, gives me an awful feeling for next season :(

No
    brinty wrote: »
    Very good Doc..i likes it....

Kew you saying there's 0% chance makes me sad :(

Have your sources dried up post Fergie??

A little bit lad.

My gut feeling is on Kroos. I just cant for life of me see him coming.

Signing Mata, RVP, Veron, Cantona, Keane and Cole were the signings that made me most happiest at those times.

To sign Kroos would beat all of them. Fabregas was maybe my favouite player(CM anyway) outside United for few years, but this lad is better.

I remember watching him in the U17 World Cup around 2007(I think). They played England in QF and the chap was on a different planet to rest of the players on both teams.

Always looked out for him since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Don't do it Kew.
    It'll crush you when he signs his new contract.... :)

A little bit lad.

My gut feeling is on Kroos. I just cant for life of me see him coming.

Signing Mata, RVP, Veron, Cantona, Keane and Cole were the signings that made me most happiest at those times.

To sign Kroos would beat all of them. Fabregas was maybe my favouite player(CM anyway) outside United for few years, but this lad is better.

I remember watching him in the U17 World Cup around 2007(I think). They played England in QF and the chap was on a different planet to rest of the players on both teams.

Always looked out for him since.

Yea he's been a one to watch since that time but really has come into his own in the last 18 months to become a dominant player...would break the bank for him but don't see it happening unless Bayern get Draxler and Goetze and theres another German who its a known secret they have signed for next season...

If we couldn't get Kroos cheeky bid for Schweni, he'd be brilliant too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I predicted Euro 2012 to be the competition Toni Kroos really announced himself on the big stage, he has been a disappointment to me in taking this long to really garner the attention his talent deserves :P

No
    Al Capwned wrote: »
    Don't do it Kew.
    It'll crush you when he signs his new contract.... :)

Dont worry Al.

I know hand on heart he aint coming.

Still love players that make the game look simple.

Paul Scholes, Pirlo, Fabregas when at Arsenal and now Kroos.

I cant for the life of me remember where I read it, but remember about two years ago reading someone with high standing saying Kroos had the ability to change the idea of a midfielder, that every so often a player comes along that completely changes the benchmark for a position. Started keeping rough tabs since then.

I'd say it was about start of last season when I started watching Bundesliga regularly, I got my man crush.

Funny enough use to watch Bayern alot cause I thought Schweinsteiger was amazing, thought he was playing of the tournament in South AFrica, then started to see more of Kroos and the way he twists his body in alot of instances to hit a pass, just fascinated me.

• Advertisement

I think we are going to see a massive growth of "Kroos Hipsters" after tonight :D

Few of my mates giving it loads on Kakao tonight. When I asked on the Allianz arena tour few weeks back "Why are there no pictures of Toni Kroos around the stadium, yet plenty of Thiago" got heckled to **** :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement