Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car cover for outside?

Options
  • 02-02-2014 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi i have just started to store my car outside. With all the wet and windy weather we have atm in ireland , i was considering putting a cover on it . it would be started/driven a small bit each week but i would like to cover it whille its not being used. The car has a few paint chips still and a few tiny spec of rust( which most of them have been removed)

Is this a good idea or would it be doing more harm than good ?
    Opinions/facts on this matter?
    Also wat cover would you recomend ?
    #
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are you storing it in your driveway?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Clean car have a large selection of them.

Unless it's an old car I don't see the need for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Have a look on here for pricing.

http://www.carcoversireland.ie/

A good few people on BMW Driver have bought covers from them and I haven't heard any complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tommyspiggy

storage at back of house on gravel, not ideal i know but stuck for space completely , may move it onto concrete once i clear yard a bit . thanks for info every1

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tommyspiggy

its the year 2000, so quite old

• Advertisement
Advertisement