Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay Get it fast

Options
  • 02-02-2014 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Hi

At the moment I am currently running a small eBay business and I'm looking to expand.I plan do do this by selling consumer electronic accessories.

I list on eBay UK and I was wondering is it wise to offer 'Get it fast' on my listings :confused:

I'm a premium eBay seller and silver power seller so I ship same day before 3PM .I ship using An post standard post and it usually takes 2-4 days for the items to reach my buyers .Get it fast or 'Fast and free' is advertised as "Items showing "eBay FAST & FREE" have an estimated delivery time of 3 working days or less.Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods." To have 'Get it fast' on my listings I have to change my item location to UK so I input "Ireland,United Kingdom"

At the moment my buyers are extremely satisfied with the postage times.

Would people be dis-satisfied if their item comes 1-2 days later than advertised? (Note:I offer free postage so that might ease some annoyance :D )

Does anyone on this forum use 'Get it fast'.If so does it work for you or is it a pain with feedback and DSR's?

All comments appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I use eBay a bit for thing like accessories and that but have bought laptops and phones there in the past. I've never even heard of this and it wouldn't really affect my purchasing decision unless I was buying from someone in Asia. When buying from someone in Ireland I just assume the delivery will be relatively quick and I've never been disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

nanook5 wrote: »
    Hi

Would people be dis-satisfied if their item comes 1-2 days later than advertised? (Note:I offer free postage so that might ease some annoyance :D )

All comments appreciated :)

T answer this - i would be very p%&#ed off if delivery was not as advertised and would reflect that in your rating. Don't offer what you can't provide especially in the online sales arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

ifah wrote: »
    T answer this - i would be very p%&#ed off if delivery was not as advertised and would reflect that in your rating. Don't offer what you can't provide especially in the online sales arena.

I see where your coming from but I am currently providing delivery to UK within 3 days of dispatch.

Other people may be more tolerant with regards to postage times than you.I personally think that if my delivery came 1 day after advertised,I wouldn't mind too much.

I'm going to just try it out and see how it goes . If I receive negative feedback as a result,I'll have to revert back to my old Postage policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

so why bother posting the question on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

I see where your coming from but I am currently providing delivery to UK within 3 days of dispatch.

Other people may be more tolerant with regards to postage times than you.I personally think that if my delivery came 1 day after advertised,I wouldn't mind too much.

I'm going to just try it out and see how it goes . If I receive negative feedback as a result,I'll have to revert back to my old Postage policy

I would advise you don't promise what you can't deliver. And as for free delivery - I always assume I've been hit with delivery within the price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

so why bother posting the question on here?

Because he wants feedback, which he is fully entitled too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

It doesn't matter what you want or would accept. It matters what your customers want and accept.
    Take Amazon UK as an example. Everything I've ever ordered from them has been delivered either on the expected day or sooner. Everything. Every time. Without fail.

The rule is simple.

Under-promise and over-deliver. Give the customer more or better service than they expect or are used to, and you've a better chance of keeping them. However if you over-promise and under-deliver they'll be gone faster than you can say "How much is registered post to Scunthorpe?"

Advertisement