Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overclocking an FX-6300 on a gigabyte board

• 02-02-2014 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

I've looked everywhere and I haven't found an understandable guide.. Is it as simple as increasing the multiplier from 17.5 to whatever you want?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

OOOPS! See you already have a post here:(

I cant really help you with overclocking the FX-6300 as ive never done it,there is loads of people here with that cpu though so ask in the main forum off topic can anybody link you a few guides here.

Also you can just google/youtube it and sift through the results and get an idea of where to start. First stop should be an aftermarket cpu cooler if you havent got one and optimise your fan set up in the case. Having good cooling performance helps a lot with overclocking.

What gpu have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭justjustin

Seaaan wrote: »
    I've looked everywhere and I haven't found an understandable guide.. Is it as simple as increasing the multiplier from 17.5 to whatever you want?

Really? There's lots of great info out there but it can be a lot to digest at once.

THIS could be a good place to start.

Read through that and you will get familiar with the different settings and how they can affect each other. If you follow it and do as the guide suggests you will learn quite a bit. There are a few more threads like that on OCN, some focus more on HTT/NB/HT and the effects they can have, etc. A wealth of info out there but get to grips with the basics and the rest will come.

Out of curiosity, what board do you have? Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

justjustin wrote: »
    Really? There's lots of great info out there but it can be a lot to digest at once.

THIS could be a good place to start.

Read through that and you will get familiar with the different settings and how they can affect each other. If you follow it and do as the guide suggests you will learn quite a bit. There are a few more threads like that on OCN, some focus more on HTT/NB/HT and the effects they can have, etc. A wealth of info out there but get to grips with the basics and the rest will come.

Out of curiosity, what board do you have? Good luck :)

970A-Ud3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

You can certainly try going through the bios settings and adjusting multiplier - however, you also need to be able to determine if it will be stable at that multiplier, heat dispense on full load etc

Justjustin's link covers it in full detail on how to go about this - in great detail.

Also, I would recommend running Prime95 every change you do - i.e bumping it from 3.5 to 3.6ghz - Just to make sure all cores are stable at that setting and run Core Temp in the background to ensure the CPU isnt going past the 60 Degree mark on full load.

Advertisement