Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wearable sandwich board - permission required?

Options
  • 02-02-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if permission is required from your local council to advertise with those wearable sandwich board signs? I've a fairly new website and I think its a great way to get the name out there.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Moving or mobile advertising does not require any planning permission, so you are in the clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

Thanks Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

Somebody reading this will probably have a tax raising brainwave !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

You need permission for a sandwich board only if you're actually selling sandwiches from it. Change of use planning I believe, and also if more than (I think it's) one third of your business is takeaway food. However this would also require registration with your local HSE office and an inspection by an environmental health officer. Ensure that you have adequate washing facilities and that you / your employee is fully trained in HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points i.e. checking temperatures, cleaning schedules, checking delivery temperatures etc.).
    Somebody reading this will probably have a tax raising brainwave !!

And here it is. You will require full planning permission though if you intend to make the sandwich board a permanent fixture i.e. you intend to cement the guy carrying the board into the ground. This would of course make you liable for rates (possibly rent) and a licence of some description. These would be payable to the local council and unlikely ever benefit from a 15% discount (because one vote does not a councillor make - in theory anyway).

Hope this helps.

The OP is promoting a website!! Not sangwidges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

The OP is promoting a website!! Not sangwidges

aaah Peter, now you're just being sarcastic. ;)

DubTony wrote: »
    aaah Peter, now you're just being sarcastic. ;)

pot/kettle/black! rolleyes.png

Advertisement