Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not too sure...

• 02-02-2014 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey all, first Post/Thread, so go easy on me.

My Dad just upgraded his Bill Pay iPhone 4S to an iPhone 5. I currently have an iPhone 4 and he said he could give me his 4S. I have Jail broken my iPhone 4 before, I'm with the 3 Network. My Dad is on Vodafone Bill Pay. Does Jailbreaking mean unlocking as well? Or do I have to go to those Chinamen on Moore Street and get them to do it? I'm pretty sure they're the same thing, and that there are tutorials on the interwebz.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP if your dad previously had the iphone 4s on contract with vodafone then get him toi contact vodafone and request that they unlock it. They will then process his request and he should receive a text within a few days of the request.

Once he gets the text to confirm the iphone is now ready to be unlocked you can just restore it on iphone and it will properly be unlocked. No need to pay to get it unlocked.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Jailbreak and unlock are not the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

Vodafone require you fill out an online request form for them to unlock your phone.

For existing Vodafone customers, they ask you to login to your My Vodafone account here, simply select NAC code and follow the instructions to complete the request form

You will need the following information
    •Account type
    •Phone type
    •Phone number
    •IMEI (simply type *#06# into your phone and hit call to find out your IMEI)
    •Email address
    •Reason for unlock code

Details for how long it will take can be found here.

Vodafone rules

Below are Vodafone’s rules. You can see if you're eligible to receive a NAC by logging into My Vodafone.

PrePay

You need to have topped up by at least €127 in the last 6 months to get an NAC code. See below for more info about more than one NAC.

•€127 for first NAC
    •€254 for second NAC
    •€381 for third NAC

Your phone needs to be bought from Vodafone retail outlet. NACs are unavailable if you have been disconnected/ported from Vodafone for more than 6 months. You can request no more than 3 NACs in a 12 month period.

Bill Pay
    •Your Vodafone account must be paid up to date.
    •Your phone needs to be bought from Vodafone retail outlet.
    •You must be connected to Billpay for at least 12 months or have spent €200 on your Billpay account.
    •NACs are unavailable if you have been disconnected/ported from Vodafone for more than 6 months.
    •You can request no more than 3 NACs in a 12 month period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Advertisement