Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacing electrical items

Options
  • 02-02-2014 7:11pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Okay, its got to a stage where my electrical items are beginning to need replacing.

I was wondering if its worth spending money on them or not.

So for the following items what do you reckon -cheap or quality?

Kettle
    Toaster
    Food Processor
    Coffee Maker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It depends on how much you use them. For me - kettle & toaster would be worth spending the extra few bob to get a long-lasting appliance. The other two - nah, hardly used in my kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,406 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think my kettle and toaster cost about $25 combined. I've had them over two years at this stage and not an issue at all.
    A friend recently moved into a new place and paid over $200 for the two.
    I thought she was crazy. The money can be spent far better elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'd spend the money on a decent foor processor.

I don't eat much toast, so a cheap toaster would do me, although we got a good one as a wedding present.

Kettle the same, I drink a lot of tea, but a cheap kettle boils the water as well as an expensive one. They usually last as long too.

Don't drink coffee, so have no need for a coffee maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

So have they packed up at the same time ? Or do you want a matching set... Which might cost you a bit ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I think I'm being swayed by advertising:eek:

I'd just love to have a coordinated set of something !

We've been in our house for over 10 yrs and have just replaced things as they've needed replacing.

But I always bought cheap - but wondered if it was worth paying for 'quality' items - such as Dualit etc...

• Advertisement
Advertisement