Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on getting a PC

• 02-02-2014 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys,

Was just wondering what do you think about http://www.custompc.ie/ for buying a PC from. I want a very powerful PC to do gaming and graphics programming as well as engine programming. I'm coding in C++ so i will be tackling the hardware. I have built PC's in the past but i'm not sure will i order my own parts from the likes of amazon or just buy it from this website?

Thanks.
    -Darren

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

It's literally the worst place you could get a machine from. Your best bet is to copy the first post on this thread, and fill it out, post it back here. Someone can spec a build for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Just had a look off their Intel i7 Haswell Ultimate Desktop for €2675 :eek:

No SSD unless you pay €169 extra for 128GB ? Are these guys having a laugh with that price. :eek:

Pretty much like for like on HWVS is €1800 with a copy of W7.

Do what Serephucus said and you will get a way better build.

Advertisement