Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which mobile bb for online gaming on ps4

Options
  • 02-02-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Im looking at gettin a pay as you go broadband thingy to do me for a month before i head off to canada in a month.
    How much data is used for online gaming for the likes of bf4? Meteor are doing 7gb for €20 plus the cost of the dongle/router yoke
    Are there any better ways to get the internet quickly and are these mobile bb things any use for gaming?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

7ofBrian wrote: »
    Im looking at gettin a pay as you go broadband thingy to do me for a month before i head off to canada in a month.
    How much data is used for online gaming for the likes of bf4? Meteor are doing 7gb for €20 plus the cost of the dongle/router yoke
    Are there any better ways to get the internet quickly and are these mobile bb things any use for gaming?

their terrible for gaming, bad connections , always laggy
    really only used for internet surfing for the likes of facebook and hotmail etc...
    I wouldn't bother mate

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mobile broadband and online shooters don't work well together, you need decent ping times and usually mobile is rubbish. fixed line all the way. also 7gb is pathetic allowance, the ps4 will go through that in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    their terrible for gaming, bad connections , always laggy
    really only used for internet surfing for the likes of facebook and hotmail etc...
    I wouldn't bother mate

Have you ever used one? I would have thought the same before.

Your mileage will vary hugely based on loads of factors (reception, contention etc), but it is possible under the right circumstances that it will work for online gaming. In my last house while I had no other option for broadband I had meteor dongle (rolling contract, €20 for 20gb). I had a constant 2mb down, 1mb up and ping of about 75, which is ok for games. Now i never played anything too demanding (dota2 and monaco) but I was voice chatting too and it was fine.

Compared to the eircom that I have now, which is awful most of the time in the evenings. There has been times I couldnt even run a speed test as the page wouldnt load.

The eircom that is in my Mams house is great, it really all depends on the circumstances

EDIT: Saying that, the updates that are coming thick and fast for BF4 will be larger than your download allowance

Advertisement