If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a 32 inch tv please!

Options
  • 02-02-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi, I'm lost when it comes to smart, saorview, free view etc etc!!!! Basically I need a 32 inch that I can watch rte, bbc, channel 4, and a few others ...but don't need loads of channels. A smart tv would be nice for movies but out of my price range I'd  say. If I go for one that is saorview and free view/freesat??? What do I get essentially - and do I need boxes, aerials etc to get it going on top of the price of tv. On the other hand if I go for a smart would I have access to the channels listed above???

I'm seeing prices from €199 (cello brand) upwards on powercity, but if you guys can explain to me what you have with a decent price I will gladly buy from you!!!!

Thanks
    Caroline

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 oatsareclass

Hi richersounds, do you guys still respond to posts on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi, I'm lost when it comes to smart, saorview, free view etc etc!!!! Basically I need a 32 inch that I can watch rte, bbc, channel 4, and a few others ...but don't need loads of channels. A smart tv would be nice for movies but out of my price range I'd  say. If I go for one that is saorview and free view/freesat??? What do I get essentially - and do I need boxes, aerials etc to get it going on top of the price of tv. On the other hand if I go for a smart would I have access to the channels listed above???

I'm seeing prices from €199 (cello brand) upwards on powercity, but if you guys can explain to me what you have with a decent price I will gladly buy from you!!!!

Thanks
    Caroline
    Hi Caroline, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The situation is that there are no 32" TV's with freesat and in most cases, a freesat box would be require if you wanted to get the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 channels in High definition. Any Saorview TV's will only pick up on the Irish channels unless you are really close to the boarder.

The smart side of things is a nice thing to have but it will not allow you any additional channels per say as the features tend to be additional features like netflix, facebook etc. 

The likes of BBC iplayer on a smart TV in the Republic, will not work as it can only be accessed from the UK.

There is one TV that has a satellite tuner although not classed as freesat, it will pick up UK channels. This assumes that the TV is connected directly to a dish and it would be wise to have an aerial connected also. This will provide the largest selection of channels.

It's an LG model called an LG 32LN540V and it's priced at £269.95 with delivery at £12.99. A 5 year warranty is available for £26.95 also.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/32ln540v/lg-32ln540v

I hope this helps but let me know if I've confused you further.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.