Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pneumonia in dogs

• 02-02-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    Wonder if anyone has any experience of their dog getting through pneumonia?
    Mine has been diagnosed and she is home now on medication but her breathing is still very heavy. Just wondering how long it should take before that gets back to normal?
    Any advice would be great

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hi Marierich,
    Sorry to hear your dog isn't well :(
    What type of dog is it? How old is she? I'm assuming she's on antibiotics?
    And how long into the illness was she before she was diagnosed and started treatment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marierich

DBB wrote: »
    Hi Marierich,
    Sorry to hear your dog isn't well :(
    What type of dog is it? How old is she? I'm assuming she's on antibiotics?
    And how long into the illness was she before she was diagnosed and started treatment?

Hi, she's an 8 year old cocker spaniel. She was only sick a day and was diagnosed after blood tests and X-ray. Spent 2 nights in the vets. Poor thing :-(. She's been 1 day and a half on antibiotics now. She's eating , wagging her tail and moving around as normal just her breathing still heavy, I'm presuming that will take a few days to settle but just worried about her still,

Thanks

Advertisement