Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nescafe Alta Rica

• 02-02-2014 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Got this coffee today thinking it would be nicer than the original blend from nescafe as it is an extra euro or more in price- paid 5.15 in Super Valu for it.

Absolutely horrible stuff. I just threw it out there and feel ripped off.

Anyone else have bad experience with Nescafe? I just wonder what they are actually putting into these apparently 100% arabica bean coffees.

I know it's instant and I know the quality is poorer than stovetop coffee or fresh brews but I expected way better for 5 euro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Sorry to hear that you are dissapointed, but people don't spend hours, effort and money in order to buy good equipment (grinders, machines, special kettles), source freshly roasted beans ( ordered online or tracked down in local coffee shops) and then dial in the coffee with the perfect dosage (weighed to 0.1g) and exact grind, technique etc, just for the craic. It's because stuff like that Nescafe is utter sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Yep, but it's just handy to have instant coffee around for a quick cup!

I do have a nespresso machine and use the capsules to make coffees but sometimes run out of them.

I just can't see how Nescafe can produce this instant coffee and get away with charging over 5 euro a jar and that people actually pay that. This was a one-off for me. Presumably they have regular customers or it would be lower priced.

Advertisement