Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC specs

Options
  • 02-02-2014 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

My friend at work has his pc for sale and he sent me the specs and as my pc knowledge is somewhat limited I'm looking for advice on if it's a good one to buy:

CPU Intel i7 @ 2.67 ghz quad ore
    Ram 6gb ddr3 ram
    Graphics 1gb Radeon 6850
    HD 120gb ssd 650 gb hdd
    Blu ray burner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

My friend at work has his pc for sale and he sent me the specs and as my pc knowledge is somewhat limited I'm looking for advice on if it's a good one to buy:

CPU Intel i7 @ 2.67 ghz quad ore
    Ram 6gb ddr3 ram
    Graphics 1gb Radeon 6850
    HD 120gb ssd 650 gb hdd
    Blu ray burner
    Yes it's an excellent PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭BANNERMAN98

Cool thank you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

how much is he charging

which i7 has it

He half mentioned €600 and I'm not sure what I 7 it has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Christy92

That's an excellent setup! But be wary that if your going to be using it for gaming the graphics card might need to be upgraded soon-ish depending on how smooth you like to play newer games!

• Advertisement

I will be using to watch downloaded blu ray movies and play football manger on it

Aw well then you'll be fine, football manager is really low specs! I've a graphics card similar enough in power to that I'll get a few years out of it because I'm not a graphics junkie! A class PC though!

Thanks for the advice, I will tell him I will take it

how much is he charging

which i7 has it

Forgive the question but are there different i7's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Forgive the question but are there different i7's ?

Yes, with hugely varying performance. Without the exact model number it's hard to tell.
    Since it's 2.76GHz, it could be an i7-920, which was one of the first i7's to come out back in 2008. The performance of that particular CPU, although no slouch, could be outclassed by newer i3's, and is only worth about €50 on it's own.

Then again it could be a more modern one, but it's impossible to tell without details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Its a pretty bad PC for the price! Its the i7 920 model. It has old sockets as so processor cant really be updated. I definitly wouldnt buy it. Graphics card is fairly out of date as well. Graphics card below would be more than double the strength and the processor stronger stronger

Item|Price
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 760, 2GB DDR5|€212.09
    AMD FX-6300 Prozessor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+|€99.09
    ASRock 960GC-GS FX, Sockel AM3+, mATX|€41.59
    8GB G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€65.21
    Super Flower Amazon 80Plus Bronze Netzteil - 450 Watt|€45.56
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€51.44
    BitFenix Merc Alpha|€34.21
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€568.18

He's also getting a 120gb SSD with a BluRay player and said himself one of his main reasons for getting it is to watch blu ray movies, so it'd cost a bit more than 568 to assemble himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Christy92 wrote: »
    He's also getting a 120gb SSD with a BluRay player and said himself one of his main reasons for getting it is to watch blu ray movies, so it'd cost a bit more than 568 to assemble himself

Old sockets, bad graphics card, Old Ram. If he wants a 120GB SSD and a Blueray player it would bring the build the 700 which would be more ideal.

Advertisement