Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of large amounts of household rubbish

Options
  • 02-02-2014 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭

Have a load of household rubbish to get rid of, tenants left on Friday and approximately 20 black bags in the garden with about 10 bags of clothing.

What's to options for getting it removed? Man with a van, bribe the bin men, skip hire

Been renting out the house for about 10 years and got stiffed on the last months rent for the deposit. Decided over the past six months to sell the house too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Borderfox wrote: »
    Have a load of household rubbish to get rid of, tenants left on Friday and approximately 20 black bags in the garden with about 10 bags of clothing.

What's to options for getting it removed? Man with a van, bribe the bin men, skip hire

Been renting out the house for about 10 years and got stiffed on the last months rent for the deposit. Decided over the past six months to sell the house too.

Skip I would think, some areas have dumps where you can bring the stuff yourself, but as you are selling, you will probably have to clear out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Ended up getting Emerald Waste with an 18 cu/yd lorry and came with 2 guys to move to waste. We filled it to the brim and it cost €400

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If this was all the tenants crap- you are entitled to deduct this from their deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,861 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If this was all the tenants crap- you are entitled to deduct this from their deposit.

The deposit that the tenant decided to consider last months rent and hence is already fully gone, going on the opening post.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,968 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ended up getting Emerald Waste with an 18 cu/yd lorry and came with 2 guys to move to waste. We filled it to the brim and it cost €400

I'm in a similar boat.

But its not that urgent. Emerald Waste only have a mobile number?....

Are they legit?

• Advertisement

Yeah checked out their waste permit and you get a receipt with all the details of what waste and where it's going. Dave is the boss and so much less hassle. I was able to carry on cleaning out the kitchen while they emptied the shed.

On the upside I used cash 4 clothes.ie to get rid of the 120kg of clothes the tenants left (despite trying to contact them constantly for two weeks) the company came out to the house and took away all the clothes for 60c a kg

House will be ready to go on the market early next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,968 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Yeah checked out their waste permit and you get a receipt with all the details of what waste and where it's going. Dave is the boss and so much less hassle. I was able to carry on cleaning out the kitchen while they emptied the shed.

On the upside I used cash 4 clothes.ie to get rid of the 120kg of clothes the tenants left (despite trying to contact them constantly for two weeks) the company came out to the house and took away all the clothes for 60c a kg

House will be ready to go on the market early next week :)

thanks for the reassurance about them. Glad it all worked out for you. Did you have to load the truck, or did they help? I think I'd have to have everything out and ready for them. God only knows what I'll find!

I have to clear out my own shed/garage that has years of stuff from my parents and siblings. Yikes! I might find something valuable...as if.

Anyway, the family are happy for me to get rid, and will help with the cost too.

They load it up for you, the cleared out the shed for me. All the stuff was still in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They load it up for you, the cleared out the shed for me. All the stuff was still in it
    A small to medium sized skip would have been cheaper with a few quid thrown to a couple of the neighbourhood lads to load it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

And closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement