Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PULSE records

• 02-02-2014 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hey,

Can anyone here tell me can a struck case be deleted off pulse under the data protection acts? Its for garda vetting, i had a case struck out by a DC judge. Due to the fact that it says in the Data protection Act that:"the data shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes"
    - section 2(1)(c)(iv) of the Act

Just to clarify i did not receive the Probation Act, my case was actually proved but struck out for my career sake. If there's a way to force it off id love to know. Interesting read also: http://www.dataprotection.ie/viewdoc.asp?Docid=179&Catid=45&StartDate=1+January+2009

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

neutralvu wrote: »
    Hey,

Can anyone here tell me can a struck case be deleted off pulse under the data protection acts? Its for garda vetting, i had a case struck out by a DC judge. Due to the fact that it says in the Data protection Act that:"the data shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes"
    - section 2(1)(c)(iv) of the Act

Just to clarify i did not receive the Probation Act, my case was actually proved but struck out for my career sake. If there's a way to force it off id love to know. Interesting read also: http://www.dataprotection.ie/viewdoc.asp?Docid=179&Catid=45&StartDate=1+January+2009

What was the case about, whatever crime or offence that was committed will more than likely stay on pulse. Not sure if the data protection act is relevant to people's history on pulse, more to do with credit card and personal info with business ect I think.

neutralvu wrote: »
    More than likely?

Tell us more and maybe we can tell you more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

thekopend wrote: »

Nosey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Nosey

How can you expect someone to know if you have a record on pulse if you don't tell us what happend, the seriousness of it would have a lot to do with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

If it's traffic related than you might have it deleted. Anything else is likely to stay on there. I think you have to write a letter to the local superintendent

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

And what exactly are you going to tell him. ............?? You are not qualified to advise him . Are you

My advice to this poster is to contact your local station and make enquiries as to you situation. Do not take any advice offered by unqualified individuals.

Nosey

Exactly

carzony wrote: »
    If it's traffic related than you might have it deleted. Anything else is likely to stay on there. I think you have to write a letter to the local superintendent

Good advice

Raider190 wrote: »
    And what exactly are you going to tell him. ............?? You are not qualified to advise him . Are you

My advice to this poster is to contact your local station and make enquiries as to you situation. Do not take any advice offered by unqualified individuals.

And how much experience have you with pulse?

• Advertisement

And how much experience have you with pulse?

A lot more than you . This poster was asking for advice and should be given good sound advice not be asked to post his private affairs by you

Raider190 wrote: »
    A lot more than you . This poster was asking for advice and should be given good sound advice not be asked to post his private affairs by you

Maybe you should be the only one allowed to respond on this because you are the only 'qualified' one here with 'good sound' advice. We should just stick to asking you questions, instead of trying to help answer them, you should start a thread 'ask raider 190' , f***ing tosser.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator comment:

Infracted for personal abuse.

No further referral or comment on this post, or on the infraction please.

Back on topic please and thanks.
    Maybe you should be the only one allowed to respond on this because you are the only 'qualified' one here with 'good sound' advice. We should just stick to asking you questions, instead of trying to help answer them, you should start a thread 'ask raider 190' , f***ing tosser.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

Excellent link should answer some questions on the matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

OP if I was in your boat I'd be making an application under the freedom of information act to establish exactly what info is held on you.

Here's info on how to do that.

If you feel any of it is incorrect or inaccurate you can make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner who will follow it up.

Here's info on how you do that.

These are your rights in relation to the Data Protection Act.

The closest thing I could find to your case is this case study from 1996.. It is different to your situation but the main point is that the information held on you is correct as far as we know. Writing to your local Super or contacting your local station isn't going to be of any benefit.

Hopefully some of this will be of benefit to you and please stick around Boards, not everyone wastes their energy having pointless arguments.

Bloodwing wrote: »
    OP if I was in your boat I'd be making an application under the freedom of information act to establish exactly what info is held on you.

Here's info on how to do that.

If you feel any of it is incorrect or inaccurate you can make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner who will follow it up.

Here's info on how you do that.

These are your rights in relation to the Data Protection Act.

The closest thing I could find to your case is this case study from 1996.. It is different to your situation but the main point is that the information held on you is correct as far as we know. Writing to your local Super or contacting your local station isn't going to be of any benefit.

Hopefully some of this will be of benefit to you and please stick around Boards, not everyone wastes their energy having pointless arguments.

Well upon reading it, can't see his record disappearing as if it never happened IMO

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

(Another) Moderator post:

OK, it's becoming clearer and clearer that some of you posters just have clashing personalities, and I have just had to delete another 10 posts that were way off topic, instigated by a 1 or 2 post wonder, and the ping/pong went from there.

Us Moderators take no pleasure or enjoyment in issuing formal profile Warnings or Infractions, and we're exercising great patience with some people who just can't help themselves and either get personal with someone they have decided they don't like, or go away off on a tangent and the original topic of the thread is nothing but a memory.

Our patience is wearing thin, and if it means dishing out Warnings, Infractions or Bans in order to be taken seriously, then that's what we'll reluctantly have to do.

So for the last time, and you know who you are: Get this thread back on-topic, resist the temptation to get a personal dig or snipe even if the opportunity to do so is wide open, and do NOT respond to personal abuse/digs etc. Hit the 'Report Post' button, and we'll take it from there.

Thank you for reading, and remember, you may not respond or comment on this post. Should you wish to do so, send me a PM instead.

The ES Moderating Team.

Advertisement