Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card for Lodgement Machine

Options
  • 03-02-2014 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, I don't have or want any cards on my BOI account, but I need a lodgement card to lodge to it - how do I order one of those? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi dwightschrute, 

Thanks for your post. 

If you are a business account holder, please call a Business Advisor in your branch who will offer assistance with your Lodgement Card request. You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here

If you are personal customer, you would need a standard ATM card or if you prefer a Visa Debit card to make lodgements. Your branch can also assist with this. 

Thanks

Billy 

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dwightschrute

Thanks - will I be charged any stamp duty on this card if I only use it to lodge to the account?

Hi dwightschrute,

Thanks for your post.

There is no annual Government Duty on a Business Lodgement Card as it not an ATM card.

There would be annual Government Duty on a standard ATM card on a personal account of €2.50.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Tow

Hi Billy,

AIB have no problem issuing lodgement only cards for personal accounts. Why can't BOI do the same?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Hi Tow, 

Many thanks for taking the time to post.

I'll pass on your suggestion to the relevant department for consideration in future developments. 

We appreciate the feedback. 

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 dwightschrute

But if I don't use the card in an ATM do I pay the stamp duty? It's a savings account I want to lodge cash to when I have some spare. I don't want ATM access. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

But if I don't use the card in an ATM do I pay the stamp duty? It's a savings account I want to lodge cash to when I have some spare. I don't want ATM access. 
    Hi dwightschrute,

If you hold a 'Demand Deposit Account' with us you can get an ATM card that can be used at our lodgement ATMs.  ATM cards that are used solely for Lodgements at our LATMs are liable to pay Government Stamp Duty of €2.50.   

This is the only savings account we have available where you can get an ATM card.

Many thanks

Seán   

Advertisement