Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Permits

Options
  • 03-02-2014 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

Anybody know anything about these?

I downloaded a form which says I need the following:
    1. Copy of current RENTAL/LEASE Agreement - Tenancy End Date must be on Agreement. Grand. Easy to get.

2. Copy of the VEHICLE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE / Log Book.
    Vehicle must be registered in the Applicants Name at the Address for which the Permit is applied for.
    This is a balls. My car is registered in my 'home home' address. Some hassle if I've to change this over.

3. Copy of recent HOUSEHOLD UTILITY BILL e.g. Gas, Esb, Ntl or Tv Licence How can I have a household bill if I'm just moving in?

ASnybody know how strict they are on all these. Would a letter from the landlord suffice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

looder wrote: »
    Anybody know anything about these?

I downloaded a form which says I need the following:
    1. Copy of current RENTAL/LEASE Agreement - Tenancy End Date must be on Agreement. Grand. Easy to get.

Vehicle must be registered in the Applicants Name at the Address for which the Permit is applied for. This is a balls. My car is registered in my 'home home' address. Some hassle if I've to change this over.

3. Copy of recent HOUSEHOLD UTILITY BILL e.g. Gas, Esb, Ntl or Tv Licence How can I have a household bill if I'm just moving in?

ASnybody know how strict they are on all these. Would a letter from the landlord suffice?

They are pretty strict, the vehicle registration can be sorted. If you go to the motor tax office and register a change of address keep the receipt showing this they will accept this as proof of the log book.

They possibly will accept the letter as I had a friend in exact same situation as yours and it was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Prepare to meet a wall of ignorance on this. I bought my first car 3 years ago and couldn't drive it as I was only learning at the time. Had it outside the door and brought everything down to get the permit. Had the logbook change form which I was going to post and was told they couldn't issue it. Asked what I was to do and was told to use a car park. Told her I couldn't drive and was told tough luck. Had to ask to speak to someone with common sense and eventually was given a temp permit until my log book came. Really depends who you deal with but call down in person. Log book is mandatory whatever about a utility bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

looder wrote: »
    Vehicle must be registered in the Applicants Name at the Address for which the Permit is applied for.
    This is a balls. My car is registered in my 'home home' address. Some hassle if I've to change this over?

Straight forward to do this. Vehicle reg cert has change of address option on it. Pop it in post and you will have it back at new address within a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭decimal

witless1 wrote: »
    Prepare to meet a wall of ignorance on this.

Glad I wasn't the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Most utility companies will send you a welcome letter when you sign up that will be accepted as proof of address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

It took 3 attempts to get mine.

They wouldnt accept the receipt I produced for the car because it was hand written.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

I can honestly say that i got a mortgage easier than i got a parking permit for the house i bought!!
    Corporation as a shower of beep’s

Advertisement