Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman's exchange policy

Options
  • 03-02-2014 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just wondering does anyone know if I can return a HP Slate 7 Plus tablet and exchange it for a Nexus 7 in Harvey's

The tablet itself is fine, I've had it for 2 days now but its JUST short of what I'm looking for, I bought it on a bit of an impulse but would now like to change it for the nexus 7...

The chap that sold it to me in Harvey's did say that it was a 16GB tab when in fact its only 8!!!

Obviously I have used it but its in perfect condition & have the packaging and what not, should I be able to return that???

just looking for some quick info before I ring them ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Essentially it's a change of mind so no they won't exchange it. The only hope you'd have is if its written down somewhere that its a 16gb when it's only an 8gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

ken wrote: »
    Essentially it's a change of mind so no they won't exchange it. The only hope you'd have is if its written down somewhere that its a 16gb when it's only an 8gb.

I was looking at the sign where it was advertised and the 16 or 8 part of the GB was missing off the sign!!! So I asked the chap working there and he said it was 16 to me, obviously I can't prove that though.....

So you think they might not let me exchange no??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I was looking at the sign where it was advertised and the 16 or 8 part of the GB was missing off the sign!!! So I asked the chap working there and he said it was 16 to me, obviously I can't prove that though.....

So you think they might not let me exchange no??

it's really at their discretion. Strictly speaking it's not their fault that you purchased the wrong thing. Still, it might be worth chancing your arm, especially if the other unit is a bit more expensive

it's really at their discretion. Strictly speaking it's not their fault that you purchased the wrong thing. Still, it might be worth chancing your arm, especially if the other unit is a bit more expensive

Its double the price ;)

So....

Rang Harvey's this morn, they said no problem, I mentioned that the chap that sold it to me did say it was 16BG (which is the truth!!!!) and they said no prob, if I have the box and receipt then no issue

I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years & to be honest I've never had a problem with them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You see? A phone call to a retailer will usually answer these questions quicker than posting on a message board. I'm glad they agreed an exchange as I never rated their after sales so good on them!

Advertisement