Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair Northface jacket?

Options
  • 03-02-2014 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭

:rolleyes: Made a nice right angle tear in the sleeve of my Northface jacket, is there any way of repairing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

:rolleyes: Made a nice right angle tear in the sleeve of my Northface jacket, is there any way of repairing this?

How big is it?
    I got a really good patch for something similar, but would only work on a reasonably small one.
    I went in from the inside and put the patch on the back, then re-stitched the lining etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes you can get GoreTex patches which only work well if it's a small tear. McNett is the maker, and I've got them in various outdoor shops here.

I did something similar to a GoreTex jacket several years ago and took it into Great Outdoors who sent it off to get repaired. Basically the affected area was cut out, a new patch sewn in and the back of it was retaped. Never had a problem since. I don't know if the sent it off to the manufacturer (SprayWay) or elsewhere.

There's a place in the UK called LSR or Lancashire Sports Repairs who are very good, and possibly that may have been here it was sent. They're repair agents in the UK for many manufacturers including NorthFace.

http://www.lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kuro2k

I've used tundra outdoor repairs in the UK but a quick google tells me they went out of business last july

Looks like www.scottishmountaingear.com/tundra have taken over, I've never used them but they might be able to repair the jacket for you

If the jacket is gortex I definitely wouldn't try a diy job, patches for sale in shops/ebay are a waste of time

http://www.gore-tex.co.uk/remote/Satellite/content/care/repair-information

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

Lancashire Sports Repairs always do a good job and are the reccomended repairer for several manufacturers including Mammut, North Face, Berghaus and Mountain Equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 amcguinn

I punctured Rab Event trousers with crampons about 5 years ago. Used McNett Goretex patches purchased from Great Outdoors and trousers are still perfect. Patch almost invisible and has never leaked, worth a go for a few euro. Maybe if on elbow where material is constantly bending it might not be so good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

It's a perfect right angle shape, about two inches long each arm, started to fray a little though.

Advertisement