Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG Smart TV UK apps

• 03-02-2014 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I have an LG smart TV and I want to use the UK apps on it. To get these I set the TV to my country "UK" and enable premium content.
    When the TV restarts NoW TV, Demand 5 etc are in the apps section but after about 20 seconds the TV switches back to IRL.
    I am using overplay on my Vodafone router for BBC iplayer and ITV and Netflix.
    Does anyone know if its possible to set the TV to stay on UK settings.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭AndersKP

Hi Brian,

Strange that the TV reverted back automatically.

Assuming you've changed the DNS value in the TV menu to the one Overplay supplied?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

I have an LG TV and use Now TV no problem. I just switched the country. What TV model is it and I can check my settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Easy Rider wrote: »
    I have an LG TV and use Now TV no problem. I just switched the country. What TV model is it and I can check my settings.

64HnxY.jpg

This is from the menu. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

AndersKP wrote: »
    Hi Brian,

Strange that the TV reverted back automatically.

Assuming you've changed the DNS value in the TV menu to the one Overplay supplied?

I have overplay set on my router. The TV won't let me change the DNS settings. We are watching Netflix USA but we can also get iplayer on various devices so the router DNS is working correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

Have an LG smart TV and from what I remember I had to set the country setting in two separate places for to to work (LG smart store and also in basic TV settings). I also put in an NI postcode.
    Not sure if that helps you much, I'll check exact details when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ovidiumuntean

Go to settings on tv, then go to Option , then scroll down and go to Smart TV Setting and enter manual the Country you want the premium apps

Advertisement