Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else use recruitment websites

Options
  • 03-02-2014 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is using recruitment websites for their companies to recruit directly and what their experiences are like?

We use one of the big Irish ones and the quality of CVs coming in has me questioning what I am paying for. We are getting in alot of CVs from non EU nationals (mainly south american). We ask on our ads if they have a relevant qualification for our industry and experience of 2 years. Again the majority have neither but go on about how enthusiastic they are. We are not advertising any salary as its negotiable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Dunno what sector you are in but there was a good thread on the topic (IT) here recently http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88494610

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

neris wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else is using recruitment websites for their companies to recruit directly and what their experiences are like?

We use one of the big Irish ones and the quality of CVs coming in has me questioning what I am paying for. We are getting in alot of CVs from non EU nationals (mainly south american). We ask on our ads if they have a relevant qualification for our industry and experience of 2 years. Again the majority have neither but go on about how enthusiastic they are. We are not advertising any salary as its negotiable.

...and that's why we use an agency. I've used FAS website in the past but then had to take down ads and set up a new webmail account so our own email wasn't choked with 100's of useless CVs.

Advertisement