Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eVod advice

Options
  • 03-02-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Just looking for a bit of advice regarding Kanger Kanger eVod clearomizer and an eGo-C Twist VV battery.

I had a bit of bubbling and gurgling from the eVod so I replaced the coil this morning. The replacement coils are Kanger products with 2.5 ohm resistance. Since I replaced the coil I can't get any hit from the device. It's basically like trying to smoke a straw!

I've tried cleaning the clearomizer and refilling with liquid but no luck.

I've tried setting the voltage of battery to different settings but again no luck with this.

Before I go off and order a new clearomizer does anyone have any advice or tips?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Is it firing at all? Check the head is screwed in properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭phone2000

I've taken it apart and refitted the coil but still nothing. It's firing a bit so I thought it might be blocked but after a clean it's still a weak vape.

I have another replacement coil on the way so I'll try that when it arrives. I'm hoping it's just a faulty coil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

phone2000 wrote: »
    I've taken it apart and refitted the coil but still nothing. It's firing a bit so I thought it might be blocked but after a clean it's still a weak vape.

I have another replacement coil on the way so I'll try that when it arrives. I'm hoping it's just a faulty coil!

It could be, you do get them but thankfully not that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Ideally you should have a number of replacement coils as backups on hand as spares. Spares for your spares, spares of everything.

Have you tried the head in another evod, on another battery?

It's usually trial by process of elimination that works best for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

This could be one of many things:

1. Check again that the voltage of the batt isn't too low or the battery is faulty/discharged (when you charge it, set the dial to 4.3)
    2. Since you get a vape but it's weak, make sure that the coil heads are wicking properly (if the liquid is VG only you'll need to remove the top filler silica wick)
    3. Build a cotton wick and microcoil and forget about these issues + save money by not needing to order new heads as often (I had 5 heads for more than 5 months now and threw 2 rubber grommets away because I messed up some coils at start but the rest of the coil is perfectly usable)

You can find tutorials all over the internet on how to make a cotton wick for a protank head (which is what you have in that eVod)

Also make sure that the eVod has more than 1 quarter of liquid inside - it'll gurgle if it's less (has something to do with the vacuum in the liquid chamber) and that you don't wiggle it too much around (while carrying it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭phone2000

Thanks for all the replies. I tried a new coil in the evod this evening and it's working again. I'm putting it down to a faulty coil as I tested the coil in a backup evod and it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Coils are hand made in production type lines in chinese factories. So it's possible for them to be faulty. I rebuild my evod and protank heads myself by hand and I tend to make a faulty one too once in a while and I have to take it apart and rebuild it again.

It's pretty easy to rebuild them but a bit fiddly. If you had some wick and wire at home it could come in handy if you ever needed a new coil stat, or if you fancied just messing around with rebuilding.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

I still have loads of 2mm silica, I'm going cotton all the way so if anyone around Dublin is still using silica wick, let me know and we can meet up for the freebie.

Advertisement