Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email requesting details

Options
  • 03-02-2014 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I am a boi customer, I just received an email saying I need to click on a link and enter some details to validate my account. When you click it you get a form where it asks for credit card and cvs number details etc, I know it's a pretty obvious scam but it's no harm for anyone with a boi account to be warned...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi xr2central, 

Many thanks for taking the time to post. 

We will never ask a customer to log on to 365 Online or key in sensitive banking details via an email link. 

If you still have the fraudulent email, can you please forward here for investigation? 

Information on staying secure online can be found here

Once again, thanks for posting. 

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

I just got what I assume is the same email. Haven't opened it, but looks like lots of capitals! I'll forward it on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

I just got what I assume is the same email. Haven't opened it, but looks like lots of capitals! I'll forward it on now.
    Hi hootietootie, 

Many thanks for letting us know. 

Please do forward the email and the Security Department will look into it. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement