Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

options on consolidation of loans

Options
  • 03-02-2014 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭

Currently I owe the bank 2800, UB credit card 2300 and MBNA credit card 3500.

After my mortgage, insurance, taxes and so on I have only 250 left weekly. Then bills and food have to come out

About 8 or 9 months ago , I went to the credit union and UB and got refused a loan for 10k. The idea was to consolidate those horrible creditcard debts. I have been late on some of my existing payments but only by a week in each case.

At the time I was only working for my company for 5 months. I am now in gainful employment 14 months.

The interest is choking me and I am going nowhere except on the fixed ulsterbank loan. Which has an end date. I pay off 170 per month

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get out of this hole I dug myself into.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

I would try the credit union again if I was you, they are your only chance of getting some sort of consolidation, however if you are still using the credit cards they may not be too keen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

As mentioned go to the CU again and explain the situation. Bring your statement to show the CU how much you owe exactly. You are in a better position now than you were before as in employment longer. Are you in a permanent position?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Yes very permanent.

I will go see them in the morning.

Advertisement