Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foods you love and hate at the same time

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Love cheese but the lactose intolerant in me doesn't =(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

this might sound like a mammys boy (I know this is for food only) but i can't enjoy tea unless she makes it
    I don't even like my own tea
    some how she makes it just right from those cheap aldi tea bags :L

also apples- love apples/ hate apple juice, apple pie etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I like raw almonds and smoked almonds... hate marzipan. Really goddamn hate the stuff. Just thinking about it makes me irrationally angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I hate onions with a passion. I mean I reeeeally F'N HATE THEM!! The mere sight and smell of them is enough to make me gang. The world would be a much much more happier place if they didn't exist for me. Im not a single bit picky when it comes to food. Id try anything but onions can go F themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

i like chocolate

but i don't like chocolate with bread( flour based products).
    chocolate cakes are out although biscuits are in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

HATE mushrooms.

Love mushroom soup. (and mushroom risotto with all the big bits of mushroom picked out)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Love spuds, love mayonnaise, love onions and love scallions. But potato salad makes me gag

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

killanena wrote: »
    Id try anything but onions can go F themselves.
    THis thread is meant to be about ones you love & also hate, you just said hate. My friend despises onions if you can see them at all, if liquidized, like into a curry, he has no issue.
    I like raw almonds and smoked almonds... hate marzipan. Really goddamn hate the stuff. Just thinking about it makes me irrationally angry.
    Has anybody made marzipan from scratch with just almonds & sugar (no essence) and find it nasty?

I have seen a few ingredients for various brands which showed no essence, but they might be able to legally omit it from lists if its in a very small amount -which may be more than enough to taste vile.
    rubadub wrote: »
    The almond chemical in the essence is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzaldehyde

Hate the stuff, love almonds though. I remember we always had "almond fingers" in the house and it used to piss me off that I hated these cakes with no other cakes about. I used to say they shouldn't be allowed call them almond fingers. Now I have the new name, Benzaldehyde Fingers, a horrible name that suits them perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

I like peanuts and I like chocolate, but I absolutely despise peanuts and chocolate together...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

I love pineapple as a fruit. But its reputation has been grievously damaged by it being added to curries, coleslaw, salads and other places where it just doesn't belong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 purmary

I also love potatoes but hate chips!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

dazberry wrote: »
    I like peanuts and I like chocolate, but I absolutely despise peanuts and chocolate together...

This reminded me - I love raisins and chocolate separately but I can't stand them when they're together. Yuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

This reminded me - I love raisins and chocolate separately but I can't stand them when they're together. Yuck.

Ohh yes! Or yoghurt raisins. What is that about? :confused:

Advertisement