Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A quickish pork stew recipe

Options
  • 03-02-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

I dont have time in the evenings to cook a stew the way i nornally would on a saturday or sunday, usually over 2 or so hours.

Is there a quick stew recipe using pork chops (too dry??) anyone has i can do in 30 mins to an an hour?

Tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

I use my pressure cooker for things like that, it's quick, easy and allows you to use your normal recipes - you just sit down to dinner sooner!

I know a lot of people are afraid of them but once you get used to them and don't go off shopping while it's on, there shouldn't be any problems. They're also fantastic for things like ox tongue which take hours otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

May be a casserole-type dish with layers of sliced spud, onions & apple - topped with the pork chops. You could use chicken stock or cider for the liquid & also add some thyme, parsley & a couple of bay leaves.

An hour might be pushing it though. Pop in a preheated oven with the lid on for an hour or so, then remove the lid & cook for a further 15-20 minutes to get some colour on the chops.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Cheers.
    Change of plan i've decided not to rush it as i guess i'll have the guts of 2 hours to prepare it.

I've got some nice chunks of pork leg. And the usual stew ingredients.

However should i use cider or wine or just stock?

Advertisement