Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flow direction - motorised valves

• 03-02-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello

I have three motorised valves in my heating system - two Sunvic valves controlling up- and downstairs heat zones, and a Honeywell valve on the hot water tank.

I have noticed that the flow through the motorised valves is the opposite direction to the arrows shown on the valves themselves - which I suspect is a result of feed and return being switched when the boiler was replaced.

The valves seem to be working fine, but I wondered if this was likely to lead to problems with the valves over time...

Any thoughts??

Thanks
    Damian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Damianpf

Bump! - can anyone help me with this please.

Thanks
    Damian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Most motorised valves do not mind what direction they are installed.
    Some, however, do because of the paddle valve inside. If it is reversed the flow to another zone can force the paddle open & the result would be unwanted heat in a zone whilst off.

For example, Sauter/EPH valves can do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Damianpf

Thanks for your help with this shane0007

Advertisement