Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will getting a job berore I go to college dis summer stop me from getting a grant

Options
  • 03-02-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Im a mature student on social welfare hoping to go back to college this summer I was just wondering if I got a job for a few months will that go against me when I apply for a grant
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

The grant income assessment is made on your income for the last full tax year. So if you apply for a grant for Sept 2014 the income details being assessed will be from 2013 so taking a job for this summer wont count against you this year but it might next year. However SUSI will disregard up to €3900 holiday earnings as far as I know.

however if you are looking to get BTEA from social welfare for your course then taking a job could prevent that as you need to be getting a social welfare payment immediately before your course starts in Sept.

Advertisement