Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical Waste Disposal - Locations required?

Options
  • 03-02-2014 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

I have about 5 old tvs that I need to get rid of, plus surplus old mobiles and old house phones, a broken microwave and toaster amongst a few other bits.

Does anyone know where I can dispose of these? Somewhere free of charge would be ideal but if not somewhere near Sligo town. I'd rather do it myself than have them picked up by load/weight or anything.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Greenstar's facility in Deepwater quay will take them, think it's just a flat rate for the carload, around €4/5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

ectoraige wrote: »
    Greenstar's facility in Deepwater quay will take them, think it's just a flat rate for the carload, around €4/5.

Great thanks. I thought they were just a landfill type thing, I didn't think I'd be able to dump old tv's down there but that's great. I can fill the car up so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Any electrical items can be disposed of at the Greenstar civic amenity site in Deepwater Quay for free, that's what the WEEE charge on new electrical appliances is for.

http://www.sligococo.ie/Services/Environment/Recycling/CivicAmenitySites/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

rizzodun wrote: »
    Any electrical items can be disposed of at the Greenstar civic amenity site in Deepwater Quay for free, that's what the WEEE charge on new electrical appliances is for.

http://www.sligococo.ie/Services/Environment/Recycling/CivicAmenitySites/

I'd thought it was a fee per car, didn't realise that was only for the household recyclables.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I'd thought it was a fee per car, didn't realise that was only for the household recyclables.

Well just make sure you don't get charged for disposing of electrics, you wouldn't like to be charged twice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 phillo65

Go in the first gate where the cans,plastic etc. recycling is not the second gate where they weigh the car.Been in a few times and it is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

phillo65 wrote: »
    Go in the first gate where the cans,plastic etc. recycling is not the second gate where they weigh the car.Been in a few times and it is free.

Great thank you.

Advertisement