Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Raw 3-2-14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

That was one of the closest near falls in quite some time! Also Road Dogg fairly fcuked up there, Cody hit the mat with nothing breaking his fall really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Be amazed if Cody isn't hurt after that. Bad landing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Road Dogg could've done a little better on that.

Still cool though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder what the odds are that DX holding all the titles come Wrestlemaina if the are going into the Hall of Fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Yeah, Road Dogg didn't/couldn't take much of that dive, it would've messed him up had he tried.

A wild Zack Ryder appeared.

There is definitely something going on. Zigglers promo on Friday, Miz there. There is some storyline going on, maybe Ziggler and Miz forming a tag team or something? Or maybe it's just a dig at Punk

Andddddd time for a bathroom break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

EMMA!!!!!

• Advertisement

I love Emma! I am so happy I didn't tak a bathroom

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I love Emma! I am so happy I didn't tak a bathroom

Was a short one! That music is so damn hypnotic :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

That music.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DeclansKidney

JBL throwing his pen. AMAZING!

Nice pop there for Sheamo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Emma is only lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

BfmP6csIUAAgB0t.jpg

Good match there between Sheamus and Axel, I actually enjoyed Axel for once

Del Rio is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Aand here comes the backing track...

I am absolutely loving this feud. They are both great in the ring (Rowan aside for now) and fantastic at promos. It's going to elevate The Wyatt's and hopefully shoot Reigns to super-stardom.

• Advertisement

Wyatt/Shield interactions have been great tonight.

Wonder if the commentators can resist any jabs about Punk towards AJ.

AJ Lee should replace King on commentary, a lot funnier!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Bray wyatt is awesome. I am really excited for this feud. I have noticed both bray and dean ambrose are excellent at portraying their own particular brands of madness in the ring as well as out of it and I think the storytelling in their matches will be fantastic.

Hahaha Cole selling like a champ!

RKO coming soon, you can just see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

That was a good match, ****ty ending though.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Bryan winning clean was unexpected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

When Corporate Kane does his taunt,spreadsheets should shoot out of the ringposts instead of fire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Morto for Cody:

8qOIVwe.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

Ridiculously happy Emma transitioned to Raw unchanged.

Cheer for heeeer. *shakes fist at crowd*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

loved the Boo-tista sign in the crowd.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Shame I spotted Kane's pyro set up when Bryan was celebrating. Meant I knew what was coming :(

Anyway, thought it was a very smartly booked Raw. Randy changing his usual pitch and pace in his promo so the crowd's Punk chants got drowned out, announcing Bryan would be in the main event straight off, ad breaks placed intelligently at points crowds are most likely to boo, a fast and heavy first hour with a lot of crowd favorites, Batista's promo being cut short.

It shows when WWE want to book a fan-friendly show, for the most part, they can. It's a shame about the ending, but it's obviously setting up a larger picture. Half expected Punk to make the save though near the end, and think that it probably brought more attention to Punk's absence than anything else.

Meanwhile, Miz's mini-angle was interesting and will be interesting to see where it goes. Emma....I don't watch NXT so I don't quite "get" it yet. I don't like how now, newly turned Monster Heels aren't actually getting to be...ya know, monsters? (Clay a few weeks back, Titus tonight, who struggled to put away Zack Ryder?).

But overall not a bad Raw. Wouldn't mind if WWE booked shows like this a bit more often...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

J. Marston wrote: »
    A wild Zack Ryder appeared.

The wild Zack Ryder has fainted. Titus O'Neill has gained 2 XP points.

I know they wont but I would love to see the CM Punk chants die out.

He quit! If he was sacked unfairly or something I would agree with the chants but he quit because he wasn't getting his way. I'm probably in the minority but I hope he isn't brought back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

He quit! If he was sacked unfairly or something I would agree with the chants but he quit because he wasn't getting his way. I'm probably in the minority but I hope he isn't brought back.

It'll probably depend on the city it's in tbh, smarky towns will chant for him, the quieter ones probably won't once the whole thing dies down.

He quit cause he wasn't happy with creative. Personally, I am all for hijacking shows in objection of the creative direction and hoping WWE actually take notice. Crowds get snarky cause they are not entertained, so the best way to stop those chants are to entertain them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

If you don't like the direction that the company is taking then don't spend your money on tickets to their shows.If enough people did that instead of chanting for a lad who sulked home to his mansion because he didn't get his way, WWE might actually give a sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭colmufc

If you don't like the direction that the company is taking then don't spend your money on tickets to their shows.If enough people did that instead of chanting for a lad who sulked home to his mansion because he didn't get his way, WWE might actually give a sh!te.

The shows in the states are sold 4-6 months in advance so if you bought your ticket before you hot pissed with creative why would you not go and let your feeling be know

I was thinking this recently, but over the last few weeks, I've found myself turning to disagreeing with it.

The sad fact is that even if I stopped supporting WWE, it's a machine that will keep on going and making money. Not watching, not going to events, not buying shows isn't going to make a difference unless a solid 75% of the fanbase all agree to do such a boycott at once, and that won't happen.

At this stage, the only way to get it across to WWE that there's a creative wall between what fans want and what fans are getting is to be vocal about it at shows. It's hardly a surprise that the YES chants died down quickly last night when they positioned Bryan in the main event. The Punk chants might have been contained had they angled it in some way. The crowd reactions are about the only way to get a change to come in WWE right now. And ultimately, if people do pay for their ticket and then find they are not being entertained, I think they should get vocal about it and let WWE know.

• Advertisement

He quit cause he wasn't happy with creative. Personally, I am all for hijacking shows in objection of the creative direction and hoping WWE actually take notice. Crowds get snarky cause they are not entertained, so the best way to stop those chants are to entertain them.

I'm sure hundreds of wrestlers have been unhappy with creative over the years. No excuse to get up and leave. Its his job. Maybe if he put any effort in to his work in the last year he might have gotten his main even at WM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Loved this reference from the DVDR forum
    To be honest, I viewed the crowd's reaction to Emma as the whole dancing thing being exposed for the bush-league gimmick it is. Like when Dancin' Homer went to Capital City.

7f05_020.jpg
    WUvvrlG.gif
    35aukv6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

I dont fully agree with the hi jacking of shows but it is ten times more entertaining then the entire crowd sitting on their hands for the entire show, which happens far too often now-a-days.

I dont fully agree with the hi jacking of shows but it is ten times more entertaining then the entire crowd sitting on their hands for the entire show, which happens far too often now-a-days.

Cheer for who you want I say. Crowds are right to express their disinterest or unhappiness, it's about time tbh. Boring crowds can ruin good matches, hot crowds can elevate average ones. remember that match between Orton and Sheamus on the post Mania Raw last year, solid enough match made hilarious and memorable by the crowd chanting for everyone from Bryan to JBL to Randy Savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I was thinking this recently, but over the last few weeks, I've found myself turning to disagreeing with it.

The sad fact is that even if I stopped supporting WWE, it's a machine that will keep on going and making money. Not watching, not going to events, not buying shows isn't going to make a difference unless a solid 75% of the fanbase all agree to do such a boycott at once, and that won't happen.

At this stage, the only way to get it across to WWE that there's a creative wall between what fans want and what fans are getting is to be vocal about it at shows. It's hardly a surprise that the YES chants died down quickly last night when they positioned Bryan in the main event. The Punk chants might have been contained had they angled it in some way. The crowd reactions are about the only way to get a change to come in WWE right now. And ultimately, if people do pay for their ticket and then find they are not being entertained, I think they should get vocal about it and let WWE know.

This. Most definitely.

If people are complaining about snarky chants and think they should stop, then look forward to a few more years of utterly boring Raws and PPV's.The Fandango situation last year, although briefly, showed that fans can actually influence WWE in some way.

And believe me, someone outside definitely needs to influence WWE right now.

rovert wrote: »
    Loved this reference from the DVDR forum

7f05_020.jpg
    WUvvrlG.gif
    35aukv6.jpg

Argh, she's so awkward!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

That Emma dancing thing was/is woeful. Triple H doing the 'yes' chant with his arms was woeful. Other than that, good show. Didn't even cross my mind that Cena was missing until about an hour after I had finished watching.

Wyatt/Shield back-and-forth were my favourite segments of the show, really good stuff and I'm kinda surprised they didn't save this match for Mania.

Orton was bang on top of his game tonight, very good promo and in-ring, opening and closing the show.

Charisteas wrote: »
    That Emma dancing thing was/is woeful. Triple H doing the 'yes' chant with his arms was woeful. Other than that, good show. Didn't even cross my mind that Cena was missing until about an hour after I had finished watching.

Wyatt/Shield back-and-forth were my favourite segments of the show, really good stuff and I'm kinda surprised they didn't save this match for Mania.

Orton was bang on top of his game tonight, very good promo and in-ring, opening and closing the show.
    Shut your filthy wh**e mouth! :D Emma is fantastic. If gnfrhead has AJ as his wifey then Emma is totes mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

I really like Emmas gimmick, she is meant to be as awkward as she seemed, and at least she can wrestle.

Corholio wrote: »
    This. Most definitely.

If people are complaining about snarky chants and think they should stop, then look forward to a few more years of utterly boring Raws and PPV's.The Fandango situation last year, although briefly, showed that fans can actually influence WWE in some way.

And believe me, someone outside definitely needs to influence WWE right now.

It's just frustrating when fans obviously get behind someone, and it seems WWE do everything they can to either ignore it or go against it. Its not like they book long term anymore,so if something clearly doesnt work or the fans latch on to it, fcuk it, go with it. It really does stink of "you cheer who we tell you to cheer"

Average enough show. Above average main event, no Lesnar, Cena or Heyman hurt the show imo.

Big E getting jobbed out makes me sad.

Not having Cesaro wrestle instead of Jobber Swagger was odd imo.

I like Emma but sticking with her Santino. UGH.

The Wyatt/Shield interactions were tremendous. Mouth watering for that match.

• Advertisement
Advertisement