Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 PAYG phone clearance

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

any chance of vodafone doing this promotion anytime soon???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

did anyone who got 920 checked if the handset is locked to o2 ? or any other phone from clearance ?

I never have got unlocked phone from O2 (prepaid). And recent Nokia phones
    are very difficult and expensive to unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Affluenza

Ordered on Monday and still waiting for delivery.. does it usually take this long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Affluenza wrote: »
    Ordered on Monday and still waiting for delivery.. does it usually take this long?

Did you check your spam folder? Also keep hounding them on the live chat.

1) i got a response from the fraud dept in my spam asking for some detiails.
    2) I sent the info, waited 24hrs and nothing.
    3) I went onto live chat and within 2hrs my order was approved.
    4) waited another 24hrs for it to be shipped. I went onto live chat and within 10min I got the shipped email with an An Post tracking number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I ordered mon and it arrived thurs. never got any email from them at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

juneg wrote: »
    any chance of vodafone doing this promotion anytime soon???

I would say that it's O2 ditching a load of excess stock before they are fully rolled into Three. Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Vodafone to follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bored.1e

Ordered Ativ S Tuesday ..got it yesterday and looks like its unlock sweeeet!

Bored.1e wrote: »

really? have u tried another sim or have another reason? Must dig out a Vodafone sim and see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I would say that it's O2 ditching a load of excess stock before they are fully rolled into Three. Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Vodafone to follow suit.

Also a lot of the phones over priced by O2 when they had them for sale originally.

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    really? have u tried another sim or have another reason? Must dig out a Vodafone sim and see...

I used a 3 Sim card and it work. Havent tried it with vodafone sim yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Bored.1e wrote: »

you tried it 3 times?

CH3OH wrote: »
    you tried it 3 times?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Affluenza

bromley52 wrote: »
    Did you check your spam folder? Also keep hounding them on the live chat.

1) i got a response from the fraud dept in my spam asking for some details.
    2) I sent the info, waited 24hrs and nothing.
    3) I went onto live chat and within 2hrs my order was approved.
    4) waited another 24hrs for it to be shipped. I went onto live chat and within 10min I got the shipped email with an An Post tracking number.

Hi thanks for your reply. I ordered it so that it would get delivered in store so I wouldn't have to wait until next Monday but still nothing from them since the 3rd

checked my ativ s and VF sim worked in it

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

What`s the terms and conditions with the 6 month contract do you have to ring up, write a letter to cancel before the contract ends so ya don`t get locked into another contract?

What`s the terms and conditions with the 6 month contract do you have to ring up, write a letter to cancel before the contract ends so ya don`t get locked into another contract?

You simply ring them up on the day the contract ends and tell them what you want to do.

- Stay on the same plan.
    - Change plan
    - Move to prepay
    Etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sum41dude

will the lumia 920 be back in stock at €199 prepay or is this limited stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

sum41dude wrote: »
    will the lumia 920 be back in stock at €199 prepay or is this limited stock?
    A clearance sale would imply that it's unlikely. Why would they offer a discount if they are just going to get the same stock back in again? :confused:

If the Samsung Ativ S is truly sold unlocked without any O2 bloatware then it's very tempting at €160. Decisions.....decisions....

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

You simply ring them up on the day the contract ends and tell them what you want to do.

- Stay on the same plan.
    - Change plan
    - Move to prepay
    Etc
    Was on online chat with there service agent and she said I would need to give 30 days notice before cancelling or changing the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

was worried about the conditions of handset which i would get? but got my delivery this morning, and there is a brand new handset in a sealed box, happy with it, big thank you to long_b.

Was on online chat with there service agent and she said I would need to give 30 days notice before cancelling or changing the plan

thanks for info. would set up an alarm to remind cancellation. :D

I was onto both online chat and an agent over the phone and both said I could ring on the date the contract ends. Either way I'm sure a call a month earlier won't hurt.

Btw I love my Note 2. Now to sell my Note 1 I got last year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chee

Received my Note 2 today in sealed box, but no battery in the box:(
    I was onto online chat and was told have to return the phone, probably won't get replacement, as phone out of stock now:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

chee wrote: »
    Received my Note 2 today in sealed box, but no battery in the box:(
    I was onto online chat and was told have to return the phone, probably won't get replacement, as phone out of stock now:(

Buy a new battery, It will be worth it for the price you got the phone for.

54kroc wrote: »
    Buy a new battery, It will be worth it for the price you got the phone for.

Thanks for reply.

Was checking online and genuine battery seems bit expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

• Registered Users Posts: 18 thfcem

Thanks for reply.

They are £6.75 on Amazon, pretty good value imo

thfcem wrote: »
    They are £6.75 on Amazon, pretty good value imo

Thanks for replies, will check

I'll contact O2 as well, if they can send battery only.
    That was strange, battery was missing from sealed box:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Thanks for replies, will check

I'll contact O2 as well, if they can send battery only.
    That was strange, battery was missing from sealed box:(

I bought one on ebay for a Galaxy note and it's was just as good as the original one, just buy from a reputable seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Anyone know if the One X+ comes unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Thanks for reply.

If you do decide to get a replacement battery yourself, try to get o2 to partial refund you to cover at least some of it.

No harm in asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Dman001 wrote: »

Probably doesnt. It's also out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

It doesnt I bought one and now waiting on the unlock code from a website waiting three days now

My Note 2 arrived today and was locked.

If you are on bill pay you can get your unlock code now for free. I asked for mine today and I had it by text within 5min.

If you are on prepay and know someone on O2 bill pay you can ask them to get it for you. They will just need your IMEI number
    Type *#06#

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

they are just clearing out phone stock as 02 is being sold

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O2_(Ireland)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

My Note 2 arrived today and was locked.

If you are on bill pay you can get your unlock code now for free. I asked for mine today and I had it by text within 5min.

If you are on prepay and know someone on O2 bill pay you can ask them to get it for you. They will just need your IMEI number
    Type *#06#
    Sound job, thought that would be the case! I actually managed to nab one, but got it as a gift for someone. Didn't want to open it to check if it's unlocked, cheers all.

the camera stopped working on my ativ s, met the rudest one on online chat who told me to take it to an o2 store..........its only 4 days old! I should have just read the receipt which says you can get a replacement within 30 days......

so I am returning my phone due to non functioning camera but concerned the replacement will be gone when they get around to looking at it. Am I guaranteed the refund (it says up to 30 days faulty phone get replaced or refunded) as I was thinking of just buying it now and sending off the faulty one for a refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

podge3 wrote: »
    My Note 2 arrived but it was faulty. The box was tatty and looked like it had been opened. Its unlikely that I will get a replacement as its now OOS.
    If the handset is a relatively old model (like my Note) then the warranty will probably be a refund, not a replacement. Unless you want to get it repaired, of course.

Yeah, I'm a bit miffed about that. I know that said that they were clearance stock, not that they were "open box" or "refurbished".
    Just a quick update for those who may have received a faulty phone.

I got a replacement today, very speedy turnaround. I did contact O2 via Facebook, Boards and online chat. I really don't know if it helped at all. I found the online chat to be useless TBH.

Anyway, all sorted now. Case and wireless charging receiver ordered on eBay.

Thanks O2 :)

Just a quick update for those who may have received a faulty phone.

I got a replacement today, very speedy turnaround. I did contact O2 via Facebook, Boards and online chat. I really don't know if it helped at all. I found the online chat to be useless TBH.

Anyway, all sorted now. Case and wireless charging receiver ordered on eBay.

Thanks O2 :)

I am glad you got sorted. Can you put up a link to the case and wireless charger you purchased please?

The online chat is pure pants. Sounds like you had same day turnaround from when they received the item.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

For those still keen on the Lumia 920, you'll get it via parcel motel for under €210.00.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-mobile-nokia-lumia-920-black/671-0078.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=671-0078

HUKD users on-thread are reporting the handset as unlocked.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nokia-lumia-920-169-tesco-mobile-tesco-direct-1816338?page=24#comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

I am glad you got sorted. Can you put up a link to the case and wireless charger you purchased please?
    case: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130936826803?var=430162140067&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649. There are countless different cases available but I like these hybrid cases as they offer great shock protection, although they do make the phone bulkier.

Charging receiver: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121255945981?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649. I already have the charging pad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Ordered htc one x + anyone can say anything about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

devil-80 wrote: »
    Ordered htc one x + anyone can say anything about it?

when did you order ?

did it come back into stock ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

yes was for a second about hour ago so dont know will i get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Yamanoto wrote: »
    For those still keen on the Lumia 920, you'll get it via parcel motel for under €210.00.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-mobile-nokia-lumia-920-black/671-0078.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=671-0078

HUKD users on-thread are reporting the handset as unlocked.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nokia-lumia-920-169-tesco-mobile-tesco-direct-1816338?page=24#comments

That's true. I ordered it and it arrived unlocked. Happy days :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

shnaek wrote: »
    That's true. I ordered it and it arrived unlocked. Happy days :)

Good to know, it's a lot of phone for the money without doubt.

Anyone else considering going that route can use TDX-HQ9T for a fiver off their first order with Tesco direct.

Advertisement