Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printing from iPad/iPhone 4

• 03-02-2014 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

Is there an app that will allow wireless printing from iPad 2 mini iPad and iPhone 4?
    We have wireless broadband & a wireless printer in the house & can print from laptop wirelessly via broadband but can't find an app
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Short answer: not easily

Long answer: there are a couple of Mac apps ( and possibly windows too) that serve as a bridge to an iPhone, but you have to leave the printer plugged into the laptop all the time for them to work.

The other option is a new printer, but one that supports AirPrint, which is Apple's wireless printing standard. It works just fine printing from any iOS device and Macs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Zcott wrote: »
    Short answer: not easily

Long answer: there are a couple of Mac apps ( and possibly windows too) that serve as a bridge to an iPhone, but you have to leave the printer plugged into the laptop all the time for them to work.

The other option is a new printer, but one that supports AirPrint, which is Apple's wireless printing standard. It works just fine printing from any iOS device and Macs.

Leaving the phone out if it then other than a new printer are there options from printing from the iPads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Leaving the phone out if it then other than a new printer are there options from printing from the iPads?

The only other thing to check is that some of the printer companies have their own iOS apps that let you print to some of their wireless printers - I have a HP printer which I can print to via the HP app.

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    The only other thing to check is that some of the printer companies have their own iOS apps that let you print to some of their wireless printers - I have a HP printer which I can print to via the HP app.

Paddy
    Can I get the name of your HP app Paddy? I can only find a Spanish one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I have an HP C4380 wireless printer and print from my iphone 4 using PrintCentral for iPhone/iPod Touch and also Printer Pro for iPhone

You must be within the same network to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Brother app is iprint&scan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Can I get the name of your HP app Paddy? I can only find a Spanish one :(

HP ePrint is the one I have - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/hp-eprint/id299531647?mt=8

Paddy

Advertisement