Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a Baby Jogger City Select?

Options
  • 03-02-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭

So, my buggy was stolen along with my car two weeks ago. I bought a replacement but I hate it (baby elegance pebble) Myself and OH were discussing replacing the old one with something that can be converted to a double as we'd like to get cracking on baby #2 sooner rather than later. Does anyone have the baby jogger city select, do you use it as a double, and how do you find it? Worth the dosh or avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

We have one, not sure how it compares to other buggies of that price range but I love it. Only had number 2 two weeks ago, so haven't set up the double function yet, but I just love the big shopping net, it folds easily and it handles quite well even for tall people. It's a bit on the heavy side, that would be my only complaint. More once I have used it with toddler and baby ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

galah wrote: »
    We have one, not sure how it compares to other buggies of that price range but I love it. Only had number 2 two weeks ago, so haven't set up the double function yet, but I just love the big shopping net, it folds easily and it handles quite well even for tall people. It's a bit on the heavy side, that would be my only complaint. More once I have used it with toddler and baby ;-)

There isn't much on the market as far as doubles go, I'm not keen on Phil & teds style buggies, and the bugaboo donkey is nuts money! It'll have to wait until the insurance cheque comes through so I'll do a bit more research :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

I have one for my twins. I love it but I'm not sure how it would be with 2 different sized kids in it. It is a bit of a pain to get on and off footpaths but great for narrow footpaths, getting around aisles, shop doors etc. folds up easily and doesn't take up too much room. A bit heavy. But very limited choice out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hiya, we are getting the city mini baby jogger. We preferred it because it is soooo light and sooo easy to fold and chuck in the boot of the car. For me, my priority was ease and light weight as my previous pram was a bugaboo. Yes a great pram and all but I just felt was hassle really.

I liked the donkey and the city select but again, just so many parts and so heavy. I probably would've never left the house with all the parts that needed to be put on and taken off!

So as I said, we've decided on the city mini for our newborn and LO who will be 15months. It won't take the maxi cosi seat which might deter you. But it will take a basinette for newborn. And had the bonus of being side by side. There's not a hope our fella woulda gone behind anyone! But it can't be converted to a single like the city select. This isn't a big issue for us tho as we have a mcclaren stroller which will do as a single if needed.

There's a thread here in doubles I'll see if I can link you to. Hello lady has the city select and I think she really loves it.

Here you go... There's some posts at the end about the city select. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057016622/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

nikpmup wrote: »
    So, my buggy was stolen along with my car two weeks ago. I bought a replacement but I hate it (baby elegance pebble) Myself and OH were discussing replacing the old one with something that can be converted to a double as we'd like to get cracking on baby #2 sooner rather than later. Does anyone have the baby jogger city select, do you use it as a double, and how do you find it? Worth the dosh or avoid?

Don't know anything about the city select but I know someone with and icandy who loves it. I think they are expensive though!

Millem wrote: »
    Don't know anything about the city select but I know someone with and icandy who loves it. I think they are expensive though!

Are they doubles/convertible to a double?

We looked at the icandy. Yep they can be converted to double. There's the pear which can be used as a double. And I think the apple or the peach can be converted to double aswell but is slightly smaller than the pear. We've looked at sooo many!

If you don't mind the extra weight and extra parts etc I think the Icandy, the city select and the donkey are all really nice. O but one thing I did find with the select was when the basinette or maxi cosi was on the top and stroller in front we couldn't see our fella up front... I would've kept having to lurch forward or walk to the side to see if he was ok... I'm always checking him. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Yes! Hers is really nice and has chrome around it. It actually can hold 2 carrycots at once. I have a cameleon as have no plans to have children close together! But if we were considering it we would of gone for the icandy as it holds 2 proper seats unlike the uppababy vista that has that rumble seat!

Thanks Sligo1, I had a skim through that thread and the donkey isn't rated really - too cumbersome. I've only seen it a couple of times in double mode and it does look very big. I might now wait until #2 actually comes along rather than buy one now, plenty of time to research etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

After asking for advice here on boards we went for the city select. Granted, I have only been using it about 5 weeks, and I haven't used the buggy seats yet, but I think we made the right choice. Being tandem make life much easier getting in and out doors. I know they say the side by sides fit in standard doors but that is usually head on. Plus sometimes you need to hold a door open for yourself - this wouldn't always be possible with a side by side.

The city select is a bit heavy getting in and out of the car and if anything is in the basket it needs to be taken out. Also you can't really do anything one handed as all the release catches, folding lever etc require using two hands. That is my biggest criticism of it. But a lot of systems out there are the same. My other dislike is that when two maxi cosi are on it or when the two carry cots are on, you can't see the baby at the front of the pram. But again, unless you go for side by side most of the buggy's have this in one or more mode. Because you won't be using it for twins this won't be much of a problem for you. On the flip side I really like that there are so many options for it so you can have the kids facing each other, both facing you, both facing front etc. Good for days when they are trying to torment each other!

I find it very maneuverable despite its weight, and have had no problems with it even after a c section. I find it easy to get up and down steps because of the way the weight is distributed - my friend has the icandy and finds it hard a tendency to topple if you tilt it up/down too far on high kerbs and a work colleague said the same about the Phil and Teds they have. A lot of the three wheel systems have the same problem in double mode.

So far I am happy with our choice - I hope it stays that way because with the maxi cosis, carry cots and all the bits it cost a bloody fortune!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Have it - and 2 girls with 15 month age gap. I love it - it's heavy - but feels lighter than others and has so many options of seat positions we change it all the time due to different needs!

Advertisement