Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City vs. Chelsea 20:00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

HazDanz wrote: »
    Midfield getting pressed very well by Chelsea. City not coping with it at the minute.

I'm talking when they don't have the ball. Just strolling around. Nobody near Ivan for the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

DazMarz wrote: »
    One worrying thing... I don't think Chelsea could keep this pace up for the second half. Chelsea could really rue not being 0-2 up at this stage.

Chelsea could wilt a bit in the last 15 minutes; and the last 15 minutes is when Man City have scored the majority of their dozens of goals this season...

That said, it's half-time, it's 0-1 and it's all good. so far.

Hardly blinding pace to the Chelsea game though. Classic Mourinho away game, set them up extremely hard to break down and counter as fast as possible when they get the chance. Chelsea dominated the last 10 or so minutes of that half because City were awful defensively rather than Chelsea offering all that much in terms of attack or tempo. Kompany/Nastasic are having a mare so far, Chelsea should be 2 or 3 up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Jose Mourinho has gone to the impenetrable Etihad Stadium with his old war horse Samuel Eto'o up front and he has taken the game to the gargantuan City. If ever you wanted evidence of why Jose Mourinho is the best manager of his generation, look no further than that first half. If anything he's hugely unlucky not to be ahead by more.

Impossible to predict the second half. Maybe Chelsea will wilt, maybe City will come back strong, maybe Chelsea will hold firm, but for 45 minutes Mourinho has shown that this Chelsea side can compete, and even beat Man City and that is something that can be carried on into next season and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Great game to watch. City's heads have really gone since the goal half time came at a good time for them. Chelsea looking really impressive hard to believe Utd picked moyes over mourinho. While I dont like his antics at times tactically he is spot on time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Jose Mourinho has gone to the impenetrable Etihad Stadium with his old war horse Samuel Eto'o up front and he has taken the game to the gargantuan City. If ever you wanted evidence of why Jose Mourinho is the best manager of his generation, look no further than that first half. If anything he's hugely unlucky not to be ahead by more.

Impossible to predict the second half. Maybe Chelsea will wilt, maybe City will come back strong, maybe Chelsea will hold firm, but for 45 minutes Mourinho has shown that this Chelsea side can compete, and even beat Man City and that is something that can be carried on into next season and beyond.

Christ you make cheering Chelsea on very difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

City are all over the place. Towards the end of the 45 mins, they were struggling to get out of their own half. You'd have to assume that they'll come out for the second half with a vastly improved attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Well be punished for not taking those chances, expecting a draw now I think. City to come back and create more chances like the first ten minutes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Disappointed Chelsea are not more than 1-0 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Half time came at the wrong time for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

You should do those Sky montages - turning the smallest thing into the most unbelivable spectacle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

City played an own goal by playing demichelis in midfield. Chelsea can just sit deep on Silva and Touré and not worry too much about attacks being created. Have they anyone else to play Fernandinho's role? :confused:

It seems bizzare. No disrespect to Demichelis but he's too defensively minded and City aren't a defensive team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cringe....

He is a manager of Chelsea with a multi million pound squad being able to spend 20 plus million on players whenever he wants, competing should be the least he is doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Surely you believe Guardiola is the best manager of this generation?
    You must be very conflicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Far more evenly matched than I thought, hopefully TSHO can shut it down in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I'm a big fan of parody accounts, this one must be one of my favourites. You have the typical 'say loads, say nothing' football fan down to a tee. Bravo young man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've just vomited in my own mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I just got sick in my mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

niallo27 wrote: »
    He is a manager of Chelsea with a multi million pound squad being able to spend 20 plus million on players whenever he wants, competing should be the least he is doing.

Good oul plucky Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Paully D wrote: »
    I've just vomited in my own mouth.
    gosplan wrote: »
    I just got sick in my mouth.

Anyone else??:p:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

LEAVE ANDERSONISGOD ALONE!!! LEAVE HIM ALOOOOOOONE!!! :P

It's classic reading, folks. Absolutely classic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

And another thread becomes an Anderson thread.

Chelsea start where they left off here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Chelsea running City ragged.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    And another thread becomes an Anderson thread.

Now for him to log into his 'Dublin Red Devil' account ahead of tonights NBA games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Fernandinho a massive loss :(

Chelsea looking good.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The space city are giving Chelsea at the back is crazy..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I'm a big fan of parody accounts, this one must be one of my favourites. You have the typical 'say loads, say nothing' football fan down to a tee. Bravo young man.

yes... parody account...

Hell of a strike that.

• Advertisement

Fack, Matic.

Deserved to be a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

City will somehow win this game :rolleyes:

Chelsea have had 4 other gilt-edged chances so far, and have taken none of them... Two hitting the woodwork, Willian's gobshítery and then Hazard laying it off to nobody. And took none of them...

Chelsea could rue not taking these chances in a big way. Yaya reminded Chelsea what he can do a few minutes ago and the longer this stays at 0-1, the more I think City will come harder.

Chelsea should have put this to bed ages ago...

Tinie wrote: »
    yes... parody account...

Either that or Stuart Hall is now a member of boards.

Johner wrote: »
    City will somehow win this game

I fear this too... City will just get their chances and take them. Chelsea have gotten chances and have not taken them...

Come on Jova, massive game for you now :D

Very soft free kick that one.

David Luiz... Awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Bet365 had Negredo 6/1 to be the next goalscorer at HT. They really know whats not going to happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Have Chelsea nobody that can take a free kick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Fernandinho a massive loss :(

Absolutely, but there must be options on the bench to change a hugely malfunctioning system.

Full-backs bombing on and Demichelis, a sometime DM and not a top player as the cover?

The warning signs were there, he ignored them, and then no changes at half-time?

He's been doing well at City but I would question his tactics here (not so much his initial tactics but his lack of reaction), and Mourinho is certainly winning the tactical battle here

Demichelis reminds me of this fella:

aw5bkmqj.jpg

Morzadec wrote: »
    Absolutely, but there must be options on the bench to change a hugely malfunctioning system.

Full-backs bombing on and Demichelis, a sometime DM and not a top player as the cover?

The warning signs were there, he ignored them, and then no changes at half-time?

He's been doing well at City but I would question his tactics here (not so much his initial tactics but his lack of reaction), and Mourinho is certainly winning the tactical battle here

The only fit option we have right now is Jack Rodwell, or swap Demichelis and Kompany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Morzadec wrote: »

I'm not sure there's too many players they can bring on.

They really need to spend :)

Nah seriously though. Three of their best 4 players this season have been Fernan, Ageuro and Nasri.

• Advertisement

This game is so ****en dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

That_Guy wrote: »
    Demichelis reminds me of this fella:

aw5bkmqj.jpg

You reckon he sits up all night smoking green?

Pure class from Matic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Luiz might want to get those sudden rushes of blood to the head checked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

City are playing with 10 men.

Demichelis is lolbad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement